• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 |OT| Slay 'em, Skin 'em, Wear 'em

MH4U gets a collector's edition in North America :D

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindo...collectors-edition-revealed-for-north-america

84fd6e55f523dbd90ac75560c4febd56.png

I went and dropped the cash on it. Looks like I'll be officially joining the hunt next year. I imagine myself playing it a lot more with it being portable+wifi-compatable.

Fistwell

The only problems I've had in MP where when cats came with, fucks with the framerate whenever they spea-... I mean, whenever they meeaow? Haven't noticed any other problems.

Vuze

The only problems I've had in MP where when cats came with, fucks with the framerate whenever they spea-... I mean, whenever they meeaow? Haven't noticed any other problems.

Yeah, that's awful, I hope this is fixed in 4G otherwise I don't know what to say lol

Zornica

Banned

it even happend when I was playing solo in online mode...
this has to be some kind of bug (meaing that it should be fixable)

Zornica

Banned
anyone any idea how 7eleven spotspass works?
do I just walk in, waste some time and let the 3ds do its thing? or do I need to get it out, start monster hunter and download it manually?
like for example to get the melinda feline skin.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
You have to connect to 7-11's wi-fi to get it certain stuff, but I believe the cat stuff can be gotten via streetpass.

Zornica

Banned
You have to connect to 7-11's wi-fi to get it certain stuff, but I believe the cat stuff can be gotten via streetpass.

streetpass? or spotpass? ;) I went to a 7-11 on my way home. didn't seem to work, although they had no banner outside, so maybe they didn't participate? I guess I'll try again in a few days when the taifun has passed

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
streetpass? or spotpass? ;) I went to a 7-11 on my way home. didn't seem to work, although they had no banner outside, so maybe they didn't participate? I guess I'll try again in a few days when the taifun has passed

The 7-11 stuff is time limited so if there aren't any banners indicating they have it, you have to wait until they.... do have banners. :)

Malyse

Hello!

I've made a new community to talk about Monster Hunter/PSO styled games located here, and I would love it if y'all popped in.

Sorry if this has been asked, but what's the difference between MH4U and MH4G?

Vuze

Hello!

I've made a new community to talk about Monster Hunter/PSO styled games located here, and I would love it if y'all popped in.

Sorry if this has been asked, but what's the difference between MH4U and MH4G?

Seen your thread before, very nice!

Except for the localisation and some swapped DLC equipment, there is actually no difference in terms of content. So basically, 4U is just the western name of 4G.

Stupid naming decision imo but I guess a "G" is not enough to tell western players about the bandwidth of new content in comparison to the base game.

Malyse

Seen your thread before, very nice!

Except for the localisation and some swapped DLC equipment, there is actually no difference in terms of content. So basically, 4U is just the western name of 4G.

Stupid naming decision imo but I guess a "G" is not enough to tell western players about the bandwidth of new content in comparison to the base game.

Very cool. Another question. Does MH do any old save bonuses? Like, with Ragnarok Odyssey and Soul Sacrifice you can either carry your old save or get some bonus for having the previous game. I know MH gets a lot of cross over stuff, but I dunno about old saves.

Vuze

Very cool. Another question. Does MH do any old save bonuses? Like, with Ragnarok Odyssey and Soul Sacrifice you can either carry your old save or get some bonus for having the previous game. I know MH gets a lot of cross over stuff, but I dunno about old saves.

Well, you can transfer 99% of your MH4 savedata to MH4G but since MH4 hasn't been released in the west I don't think there will be anything like that. In theory they could add some bonus for 3U owners but I guess Capcom will just remove the savedata option from the main menu and call it a day :p

Has their been any news on just how bad the regular 3ds/xl has it compared to the new versions? I'd rather not get a new one when I dont even have a vita, and I know the New version will play more smoothly, I just want to know just how much worse the original versions have it.

Has their been any news on just how bad the regular 3ds/xl has it compared to the new versions? I'd rather not get a new one when I dont even have a vita, and I know the New version will play more smoothly, I just want to know just how much worse the original versions have it.

I thought the only difference was loading times, not fps or anything?

Vuze

Should I just wait for MH4? Or is 3u worth it? Also is there any reason to finish freedom unite?

You will miss out on various monsters, stages + underwater combat from 3U if you skip it.
You will miss out on various monsters, esp. dragon elders if you don't finish Unite :p

Actually 4U, 3U and Unite are my personal top 3 MH games so... you can't go wrong with either if you like the series.

Its a moot point for me though I guess, because I already plan on playing on my XL for now. Worrying about it will probably just make me anxious for no reason, heheh.

Top Bottom