• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

rpmurphy

Does Rajang's beam count as dragon element? I have 10+ resistance on every element except dragon, and it 1-shots me from full health. DX

Leezard

dang, we're destroying rajang. lol

Yeah, he doesn't stand a chance. I was a bit scared before we started, but he's being a pushover.

Does Rajang's beam count as dragon element? I have 10+ resistance on every element except dragon, and it 1-shots me from full health. DX

No, it's lightning. I think the problem is that you have barely any armor. You had 80 less armor than me, and I'm a gunner.

jorgejjvr

Ah ok. Can't use this set then or have to not roll into his beam. Max I can get if I mix some parts is 675. :(

Its a gradual process. Early G rank is 500's, medium G rank is around 600's (rare 9 armor), and the end game G rank is around 700-800's (Really good rare 10 armor plus defense honed weapons).

-Alternis

azyless

Dumb question : does the size of monsters matter at all or is it just a visual thing ?
I'm almost done with the 5* quests, haven't really struggled since Gore Magala, I don't know if I got better or if the difficulty is weird. I'll probably start doing the online quests too, can't wait to see how it goes.

I hate to keep bringing up 3U but it's crazy how in that game we maxed out on armor at 600-ish and in this one you're talking about 800.

rpmurphy

Its a gradual process. Early G rank is 500's, medium G rank is around 600's (rare 9 armor), and the end game G rank is around 700-800's (Really good rare 10 armor plus defense honed weapons).

-Alternis
Okay thanks. It's a bit different from 3U for me then, since 600's was enough for almost all of G-rank in that game.

jorgejjvr

Okay thanks. It's a bit different from 3U for me then, since 600's was enough for almost all of G-rank in that game.

Yeah, I know. It's different indeed. I don't even think it went up to rare 10 in 3U, and if it did, very few armors and weapons made it that far.

-Alternis

OceanBlue

Lol got myself some Evasion +3 and Evade Dist. Gunner armor. I'm not going to remember how to play Blademaster when I switch.

jorgejjvr

I hate to keep bringing up 3U but it's crazy how in that game we maxed out on armor at 600-ish and in this one you're talking about 800.

My preferred mix set that has my favorite skills maxes out at 852 with most of my weapons and 882 with one specific weapon that added defense even before honing it. However, seeing as armors like molten tigrex and raging brachydios have pieces that have ten more defense points than mine, technically speaking, it is possible to have a defense of up to 900 naturally (I'm sure defense skills could help too).

-Alternis

Edit: My hunting horn pal was able to scale it up to reach 1022 defense.

Dumb question : does the size of monsters matter at all or is it just a visual thing ?
I do believe the hitboxes scale to their new sizes, so yes it does matter to an extent. For the most part, monsters with frames you can get under to exploit blindspots become more difficult when they get smaller, while monsters that have a compact frame and can ram you with its whole body become harder when they are larger.

jorgejjvr

I do believe the hitboxes scale to their new sizes, so yes it does matter to an extent. For the most part, monsters with frames you can get under to exploit blindspots become more difficult when they get smaller, while monsters that have a compact frame and can ram you with its whole body become harder when they are larger.

This is precisely why apex Zinogre and Tigrex tend to be smaller while apex Seregios and Deviljho tend to be larger.

-Alternis

VICI0US

Thanks to some GAF help yesterday my normal shot suit is complete, and I don't think it came out looking too bad:
x3jd3nz.jpg

The Brachy gunner parts actually look less goofy than they used to. It winds up with:
  • Normal Up
  • Challenger +2
  • Critical Eye +1
  • Evade Extender
which should do a pretty good job in the short term.

nice, is that G rank?

would you mind sharing the armor and what sort of talismans you need to get there? I've got a normal S +5 OOO, hopefully that'd do :eek:

azyless

Yeah, I imagined that was the case, thought maybe their stats changed a bit as well but I guess not. Thanks :)

tuffy

nice, is that G rank?

would you mind sharing the armor and what sort of talismans you need to get there? I've got a normal S +5 OOO, hopefully that'd do :eek:
It is!. It's made up of:
  • Regios Cap X
  • Brachydios Vest X
  • Rath Soul Guards Z
  • Brachydios Coat X
  • Rath Soul Leggings Z
That mix will naturally have Normal Up, Critical Eye +1, 7 points of Spirit and 2 points of Evade Dist. I've got a two slot Evade Dist +6 charm, so adding two more Jumping Jewel 1s brings in Evade Extender and 3 Spirit Jewel 2s bumps it up to Challenger +2. But I actually have two slots free so it would still work out even with a lesser Evade Dist charm, or a decent Spirit charm and some Jumping Jewel 2s, or a weapon with slots.

Mupod

oh god arenas with randoms are a bad idea. I don't even care if you do no damage just don't lock me in a cage with two diablos.

annoying how my two most-wanted armor pieces right now are arena only. And I can't even post the apex deviljho one. Hopefully I can find someone to run these with later.

upandaway

Made a quickie gathering set just now, Gathering God + Speed Gathering + Marathon Runner.

I'm pretty certain it's the ugliest thing I've worn in MH so far. I could have made a better looking set but I wanted it on the spot. Oh well.

Pierate

If I complete gathering hall key quests above my rank when playing online, do they count towards my own progression for when I get around to doing the urgent to increase my rank?

I think I've read that the game keeps track of the quests I've done even if my rank isn't high enough to access said quests on my own, but I'm not entirely sure.

burgerdog

If I complete gathering hall key quests above my rank when playing online, do they count towards my own progression for when I get around to doing the urgent to increase my rank?

I think I've read that the game keeps track of the quests I've done even if my rank isn't high enough to access said quests on my own, but I'm not entirely sure.

Yes. they count.

Card Boy

Banned
I got my HR7 cap removed and instantly jumped to rank 37. Do i just do the urgent after Speartip menace to get to G rank?

bobohoro

Wow apex rajang throws a piece of rock the size of a gravios

If the game would go along with its cutscenes rajang would throw a real, crown-sized, Gravios at you.

I mean, pretty much every second monster introduction had the Hunter dodge a dead monster bullet.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Had some fun hunting with a fewllow GAF hunter.

I am now HR7!

Also a long sword user, and so I have decided that making Le Décalogue is going to be my prized goal!

Juraash

Oh man, Brachy/Stygian quest done. I was expecting that to be way more brutal than it was. I'm sure other people have way better times than I, but I was pretty pleased with my 30ish minute complete time on that one.

Stygian's armor looks like it may be perfect for me. I can get focus and evasion on the set and use a talisman for sheathing, or handicraft, or crit draw. It means farming him which might be interesting, but the set is almost too well suited for my style to not get.

Only Black Gravios remains for my key quests to G3. He's doable I'm sure but I managed to save one of my least favorite monsters for last. I forsee a slog.

KimChi

Ukanlos urgent

65-5283-9613-2858

2 spots

did you already finish it? looked for your room but its not there.

I must have missed it but I had no idea the housekeeper can do the meownster hunter minigame for us automatically o:

Top Bottom