• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Juraash

So am I crazy or have people talked about being able to break B. Gravios' back and have him vent out the top? Last attempt with him I think I got 3 mounts off and at least wounded his back. Didn't really help the vent situation though. Maybe I didn't do it enough but I thought 2 successful mounts assures a back break.

+10 edge master talisman?

Yeah, caught it late. See my edit.

So am I crazy or have people talked about being able to break B. Gravios' back and have him vent out the top? Last attempt with him I think I got 3 mounts off and at least wounded his back. Didn't really help the vent situation though. Maybe I didn't do it enough but I thought 2 successful mounts assures a back break.

Works on regular grav. Not sure about black.

Also, 2 spaces for Level 120 Jho

51-0930-1109-9494

Leezard

Whoa, the hunting horn is so much fun, why don't more people use it?

The youtube guides say everyone in area gets the buff, but I never see players getting the music note icon like my character. Is there any way of knowing if a song buff is on others?

I think there's a single simple song (called "self improvement") that only applies to the hunting horn user. That might be the music note icon, but I'm not sure since I'm not a HH user.

Mupod

I've been farming him today and I noticed this too. I can break it faster if I shoot it, but I focus more on the belly.

Seil

Welllll that would explain why it didn't seem to help.

It should work fine on Black Gravios. But breaking the back only prevents exhaust after a laser, it can still use the standalone.

And I believe it'll only do a post-laser exhaust from the normal straight laser. So a sweeping laser is an opening even before breaking the back. Might want to double check that, though.

PKrockin

The youtube guides say everyone in area gets the buff, but I never see players getting the music note icon like my character. Is there any way of knowing if a song buff is on others?
The music note icon means Self-Improvement (movement speed up and attack deflection prevention), which is the only song that affects the horn user only.

Juraash

It should work fine on Black Gravios. But breaking the back only prevents exhaust after a laser, it can still use the standalone.

And I believe it'll only do a post-laser exhaust from the normal straight laser. So a sweeping laser is an opening even before breaking the back. Might want to double check that, though.

The standalone one isn't too tough to avoid for me. But I can't seem to wrap my head around when he's going to vent after a beam. I know he like... Prevents so to speak but by that point I'm basically boned. But as blademaster I feel like the beams are really my only decent opening.

Your suggestion is decent, I guess I just need to learn the laser tells better. As it stands he is my most failed monster on my quest through g-rank.

Mupod

The standalone one isn't too tough to avoid for me. But I can't seem to wrap my head around when he's going to vent after a beam. I know he like... Prevents so to speak but by that point I'm basically boned. But as blademaster I feel like the beams are really my only decent opening.

Your suggestion is decent, I guess I just need to learn the laser tells better. As it stands he is my most failed monster on my quest through g-rank.

You could always try ranged instead. Gravios is why pierce bowguns were invented

Juraash

You could always try ranged instead. Gravios is why pierce bowguns were invented

Totally how I did it back in MHFU, well bowed him anyways. And I may cave and do it. Just lost of farming ahead to bring my gunner stuff in line. But I've always done multiple weapons and I've been really bad about it in 4U. Gotta pull that bandaid off at some point.

Boy are the Gravios bros easy with guard boost and guard +2. I can just stand under them all day and beat the crap out of them with my CB, and get the occasional guard point when I don't suck.

KimChi

Thanks for joining up guys :) sorry for the couple deaths. The lag today was the worst i've ever experienced online o-o.

Beats

Good hunts everyone.

I'm pretty happy with my HBG set at the moment, but Ukanlos armor makes my character's head feel really small lol.

PrankT

To add to the other comments, when you play a song you can see the other players get a white cloud/shine around them for a second after completing the song. They will get the buff anywhere in the same area as you, regardless of how big the area is.

PrankT

Every god damn time I have a savage jho expedition that stupid ash kecha is a part of it =/
I would love to see a savage jho for some armor, but it always seems out of reach. Every armor I want to make is missing a single gem or rare part in some way. Very annoying.

jorgejjvr

Alright guys, I'm up for doing G rank quests, more specifically G3 but if you have any other to do that's fine too, I'm also interested in doing 126+ or so guild quests. So G + guild quests if anyone is interested. We can take turns so everyone can get a chance!

48-9798-8721-5570

classic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmpNzeixxHc&sns=tw

Positioning is everything with HH. If you are well positioned, you can get 3 hits from a single encore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIcnD8MXrTY&feature=youtu.be&t=0m46s

also your normal A kinda slants a bit, so you want to stand on the side.

Wow

It looks like I've been using the HH all wrong.

Putting your back to the enemy to hit with the entire encore and other attacks is blowing my mind right now.

I don't know why I never thought of doing that.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I keep getting disconnected. Before online has worked fine for me. Do you think this is a problem on my end or the servers?

jorgejjvr

Alright guys, I'm up for doing G rank quests, more specifically G3 but if you have any other to do that's fine too, I'm also interested in doing 126+ or so guild quests. So G + guild quests if anyone is interested. We can take turns so everyone can get a chance!

48-9798-8721-5570

Room for 1 more

Shengar

Got an IG with +4 Edgemaster, the I saw that it already have purple sharpness. Redundant weapon is redundant.
I encountered a hunter with insane skills. HGE, honed, tremor res, bleed res and a lot more. His only neg is slow sharpening. Wearing a sergy x gear.

Is it possible to get this? His talisman area seems to be +14 hearing, +10 edge master and 6 bleed res.
That's clearly a hacker. There is no such thing as +10 edgemaster even GQ stuffs.
I wish I got to see a hacker out in its natural habitat! I've always wanted to see the ridiculous stuff hackers make for themself, but I've yet to encounter one.

I've seen a hacker that not too blatant about his stuff. I remember he had +13 Hearing and other skill that I can remember off, but it isn't something like Edgemaster which will make himself too blatant. My suspicion proved when he used a fully upgraded Rath CB which isn't possible to make currently.

Juraash

Well my quest against black Gravios continues. Got Daimyo's bow maxed and with loadup it gains pierce...5 I think it is. So that's a solid water bow against him.

Had a pretty highly upgraded set of Stygian armor (HR lol) and with my set up I could roll through his beams but one screw up and everything goes to shit real fast. Guess I'll have to cave and make a proper g-rank set with some decent fire resist to stand a chance.

Top Bottom