• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Global Monster Hunter Series Sales Top 100 Million Units

Draugoth

Gold Member
CLoxm4ikTqK7cDAaOBufWuU8.png

Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) today announced that worldwide cumulative sales of the Monster Hunter series surpassed 100 million *1 units. The Monster Hunter series consists of hunting action games that pit players against giant monsters in beautiful natural environments.

After the series created a social phenomenon through play on handheld consoles and solidified its standing as one of Japan’s most beloved game series, it went on to global-brand status with the release of Monster Hunter: World in 2018. This title has consecutively sold over 1 million units each year in the seven years since its release, with sales now totaling over 25 million units worldwide, as it continues to set new Capcom record-highs.*2

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I hope we get some news on Monster Hunter Wilds soon and get a flashship monster demo.

Last edited:

KiteGr

Played both.

World was good, but iceborne kind of broke the experience with the clutch claw. Yeeting a monster towards a wall was cool, useful and beneficial, and tenderising parts could had been a cool bonus, but whatever benefits they have where lost when they tried to manage the monster's health around them. The result is the mechanics being mandatory, and the monster spending half the time on the ground and the other half pissed out of it's mind, while having little benefits to show for in master rank.

Rise just took a step backwards. Story once again barely existed. The missions where separated in single and multi -player. The skill changing is cool, until you realise that some are obviously better than others. Your character dresses and acts more like a Power Ranger. Graphically was obviously worse. And, the worse of all, the game was released unfinished.

Rise was worse, but both where good games.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Glad for them, they make pretty cool games.

That said, I really hope they've learnt a few things from Dragon's Dogma 2's development, specially in regards to optimizing an open-world in the RE Engine.

Excited to see what they do with Wilds, although I'm not sure I'll be there day 1 rather than waiting for the G-rank version.

Rise was kinda meh, GU is still my favorite.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I started with MH2 and 3, but I couldn’t get into them. I had 4 at launch, but it was the same deal even with a Circle Pad Pro. World was a lot of fun, but Rise was where it was at for me. I played a lot more than I ever have and it was awesome seeing the credits roll. Rise is probably my favorite.

The evolution of this franchise is something else. I can’t say I’m a typical fan, but I’d buy Wilds if it’s anything at all like Rise.

Top Bottom