• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

Dak'kon

I'm only HR3 but will be up for whatever hunts are going on in a couple hours.

And tomorrow I have all night to hunt stuff with my fellow GAFfers. =)

If you're still going to do HR3 stuff today then I would join! My power has been out for the past 8 hours so I've not done anything online today -_-

KimChi

I'm only HR3 but will be up for whatever hunts are going on in a couple hours.

And tomorrow I have all night to hunt stuff with my fellow GAFfers. =)

If you're making a room later ill join up :) I got into hr4 recently but havent really done much in it yet.

MrPanic

Looks like I need to put some more effort into this game to keep up with gaf, I'm still at hr1 at the guild quest stuff. Kinda missed the boat on gaf mp in mh4u as well so I should really start to put my back into it. I'll be up for any low rank action going on in here for the coming hours.

blackflag

Anyone know a good armor set for just starting high rank. I've only been soloing and I use Aerial Switchblade. I'm using a mix of LR armor that gives me sharpness, Attack up Small, and Weakness exploit. I'll miss it but I need to beef up a little.

ilium

Anyone know a good armor set for just starting high rank. I've only been soloing and I use Aerial Switchblade. I'm using a mix of LR armor that gives me sharpness, Attack up Small, and Weakness exploit. I'll miss it but I need to beef up a little.

A combination of Nargacuga & Shogun Ceanataur carried me all the way through HR so far.

Narga (Or Shogun with good Charm)
Shogun
Narga
Narga
Narga

Gives Evade Ext, Razor Sharp and Crit eye

Level 8 Snowbaron Armor Get!

The grind's been tough, but worth it. Such a good set for Aerial. Now I just need to unlock my HR so I can max it.

ilium

You know I mean the Hub 5* against the Daiymo, Rathian, and Nibelsnarf, right?

Heading home from work now

Oh, I thought you meant the coal quest that's used for Charm runs!

Well I need Materials to sell anyway so I'll keep an eye on this thread

Am I the only one who is constantly broke without actually doing much? Have like 2 Armor Sets max def, 2 or 3 weapons pretty far upgraded and that's pretty much all I could afford so far. No idea how I'm going to pay for new Sets of Armor for the Bow I made...

Just beat Glavenus in village... And I'm not sure how I feel about the cutscene that followed.

Time to grind it out to high rank (after I've finished 6 star stuff). So far I have 40 hours and only 1 of those hours was online.

redcrayon

It's like Gobul, or rather Gobul is like Plesioth. He needs to have not noticed you. It's kind of difficult in this game because he jumps out almost immediately.

Also the hipcheck isn't what it used to be, thank god...I'm sure you could find a video of it since it was so infamous. But yeah it would hit you on the opposite side, under his tail, basically anywhere in its vicinity. His swim attack was awful too, I was narrowly missed by it the other day and my brain was momentarily confused when I didn't get hit.
Interesting, thanks for that.

Cocaine_

Neo Member
Oh, I thought you meant the coal quest that's used for Charm runs!

Well I need Materials to sell anyway so I'll keep an eye on this thread

Am I the only one who is constantly broke without actually doing much? Have like 2 Armor Sets max def, 2 or 3 weapons pretty far upgraded and that's pretty much all I could afford so far. No idea how I'm going to pay for new Sets of Armor for the Bow I made...

Do you have Wycademy points? I've been buying Armor Sphere+'s and selling them 1:1

Crowbear

53-6055-6309-7275

Got ~an hour and half off right now and want to clear out some random HR2 non-key quests if anyone wants to join. No password.

XaosWolf

If you're still going to do HR3 stuff today then I would join! My power has been out for the past 8 hours so I've not done anything online today -_-

If you're making a room later ill join up :) I got into hr4 recently but havent really done much in it yet.

Unfortunately don't have time tonight. (I work 7 til 7)

But if you guys are around tomorrow night I've got plenty of time then. =D

So how many of these deviant quests am i gonna have to do for a full set?

You get 2 tickets of every level you do.

You need one ticket to make/upgrade each armor piece. So you need 5 tickets of each level for all armor pieces to max it (which you don't really need to do, especially the ones with already crazy high defense). The most important thing to know is that the special ability unlocks at lvl 6.

Starting at level 6 quests, you get a 30%ish chance to get older tickets. For instance, doing 2 runs each of 8/9/10 gave me 5 lvl 7 tickets so I didn't even have to touch it. I know level 6/7 can drop level 1 or 2 tickets.

So I honestly suggest running each level twice and moving on incase you get dupes in the later levels which will save you time. Then go back and fill holes.

If you just want to make the weapon you obviously only need a single lvl1 tickets to get started, and subsequent levels to upgrade.

MrPanic

I got to say, low rank in this game seems extraordinary casual. These hunts seem to last for like a minute most of the time.

You're looking at 4U not Generations. http://mhgen.kiranico.com/item/iodrome-head

Oops. Well at those rates, I would honestly suggest you try high rank in the Hub and cap. With ultra lucky cat, that would be at least 4 chances at the 15% and probably 4 10% from the quest rewards.

At 30% quest reward, I would be frustrated too. Reminds me of when I was trying to get the ghoulish Rajang horns in 4u. You needed a specific strategy to break both those fuckers horns with his little HP and it was like 50/50, but still took me way too long to build what I wanted

Crowbear

Pretty much done with the big monster HR2 stuff, gonna try and put a room together for the gathering, small monster, and (bullshit) kill 300,000 bug quests later this evening. Can't imagine there'll be too much interest in those though.

GG, apart from that Glavenus one-shot that was a easy hunt.

Yeah he can catch you off guard the first time you fight him lol. It's a real fun fight solo in the Village though.

ChrisD

I got to say, low rank in this game seems extraordinary casual. These hunts seem to last for like a minute most of the time.

Gaijinhunter made an excellent point on the shorter hunts in a Podcast he was on. There are a ton of weapons in these games now, and the number is multiplied by four this time for all the Styles. He says that shorter missions sort of encourages you to try more out.

I still think they're too short by a bit, even if that is the case, but it is a valid reason. I think about x1.50 would be perfect for Village quests, because sure you get to try more stuff but you don't get to really see them in action y'know?

Top Bottom