• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter lines up for Japan X

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Don't Japanese MonHun fans get annoyed by Capcom's nickel & dime act?
Seems like a bad deal to be buying this version when 6 months down the line they'll announce a more complete version with more monsters, quests and equipment. It wouldn't bother me so much if owners could just purchase download the G rank content upon release, but it's released as a whole new title at full price.
I'm glad at least in the west we get the Ultimate version, it'll probably kill the franchise over here if they tried to pull that shit.
It is not any different from the annualised Western releases like Madden and FIFA.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Seems like a bad deal to be buying this version when 6 months down the line they'll announce a more complete version with more monsters, quests and equipment. It wouldn't bother me so much if owners could just purchase download the G rank content upon release, but it's released as a whole new title at full price.
I'm glad at least in the west we get the Ultimate version, it'll probably kill the franchise over here if they tried to pull that shit.

What about the people in the West who pay for DLC, Season pass etc and then have a GOTY edition a year later, with an "Remaster edition" 2 years later.

Orayn

It's no worse than any other yearly series we get over here, plus it doesn't have paid DLC that costs nearly as much as the game itself.

I don't know. People buy Madden every year, CoD every year, AssCreed every year, etc. I think we're just as bad over here. Probably even worse. At least MonHon has additional content making it worth double dipping on a expansion.

And didn't Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Tony Hawk all have to take a break for the same reason?

test_account

XP-39C²
What about the people in the West who pay for DLC, Season pass etc and then have a GOTY edition a year later, with an "Remaster edition" 2 years later.
GOTY and remaster editions doesnt really contain any extra content that cant be purchased seperately for the main game. That is his main complaint is, that you cant buy the extra content seperately for Monster Hunter. You must buy a full priced new game to get the extra content.

That said, as someone mentioned above here, sports games gets annual releases and those are popular. As long as people see the value, things will sell.

It's actually much better, because at least Monster Hunter games have actual improvements between them.
So does the sport games (besides the legacy versions that are marked as such, they only contain rooster update).

Korigama

Used market is still a big thing, no?

I'd agree with this but we're dealing with Nintendo's awful digital license system. Physical or nothing.
There's also the fact that the Japanese market just doesn't like digital particularly much, especially compared to the West. This is also why games that are digital-only outside of Japan getting physical releases isn't unheard of (i.e., Skullgirls: 2nd Encore, Strider).

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
There's also the fact that the Japanese market just doesn't like digital particularly much, especially compared to the West. This is also why games that are digital-only outside of Japan getting physical releases isn't unheard of (i.e., Skullgirls: 2nd Encore, Strider).

japan still confirmed best country

Bog

Junior Ace
I wish we had something like this in NA, outside of Amiibo earlier in the year. The local midnight launch for FO4 had maybe a dozen people.

I love seeing people this eager to play a new game. I only just got into MH recently and am playing Freedom Unite, but I'm really starting to think I have been missing out on something great all these years. Super challenging and satisfying when I get stuff done right after multiple attempts/strategies. Thankfully I already have 3 for Wii U and 4 for 3DS waiting when I am ready for the next one.

NewGame

Banned
Lmao some you guys. All four flagship monster are new plus some more.

I'm guessing you're talking to the 'same game' people.

Yeah man, it's still the same game. New gimmicks and a barroth thingo on the cover that will be the HR2 monster that will be a wall for new players that will be fun to cart to with the french players. jues et monte!! ...pardon.

Game is still about hitting and not getting hit w/ lotsa grind for dat desire sensor gem of unobtainium.

Will only buy this if it gets localized day 1 digital and will only play 300 hours of it. Disgusting capcpom get your act together.

I'm guessing you're talking to the 'same game' people.

Yeah man, it's still the same game. New gimmicks and a barroth thingo on the cover that will be the HR2 monster that will be a wall for new players that will be fun to cart to with the french players. jues et monte!! ...pardon.

Game is still about hitting and not getting hit w/ lotsa grind for dat desire sensor gem of unobtainium.

Will only buy this if it gets localized day 1 digital and will only play 300 hours of it. Disgusting capcpom get your act together.

Actually, they apparently changed the upgrade system so you don't ever need a single specific part to upgrade

Seems like a while since I last saw a "Japan lines up for ________" thread. Have I simply not being enough attention, or has there not been much worth lining up for lately, or are these becoming legitimately less common?

Seems like a while since I last saw a "Japan lines up for ________" thread. Have I simply not being enough attention, or has there not been much worth lining up for lately, or are these becoming legitimately less common?

Not much to line up for lately, plus the gradual shift to digital been taking the wind out of its sales.

antonz

Been a large lack of line up worthy titles in recent times

Monster Hunter lines up for Japan X
Yoda2.jpg

Ōkami

Guess Sammy was so excited about people making lines he couldn't write the thread title properly.

Either that or he decided that Japan is now called Japan X.

When will Japan embrace the digital future? Preload and play at midnight. Japan has got to have some sexy internet speeds and unlimited bandwidth, right?

wmlk

Man, I tried getting into MH with the 4U demo on 3DS yesterday and I just couldn't. The combat options (not the equipment sytem) seem to be too limited.

The controls are pretty bad with the 3DS too.

That's not Yoshiki and Toshi...

Apparently you only need materials of a certain quality/type rather than specific parts to upgrade gear. So any part that falls under that quality/type of material will work for the upgrade.
So like, it used to require a Spark Lance to make a Lightning Lance, but now you can make it from a Spark Rifle instead?

Man, I tried getting into MH with the 4U demo on 3DS yesterday and I just couldn't. The combat options (not the equipment sytem) seem to be too limited.

The controls are pretty bad with the 3DS too.

Clearly you need to try harder.

But to be fair, don't expect to ace all the combos in a quick 30 minutes demo. First you need to enjoy the game, do you like awesome boss battles and strategy? If so, stick with it and soon you will understand how combat works. Awesome takes practice.

Top Bottom