• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Portable 2 first week japanese sales prediction thread.

Mrbob

gconsole said:
The first game sold almost a million. What is so surprise for the sequel to be successful at this level?

I'm trying to figure out this Monster Hunter phenomenon. It didn't do that great on the console, but when the game goes to PSP the games starts out OK and then keeps on selling and selling. And now MHP2 is gonna explode with sales. Monster Hunter. Portable. I guess if you were gonna ask me 2 years ago Monster Hunter Portable would be the PSP killer app I would have laughed.

gconsole

NomarTyme said:
Does anybody know the sales for PS2 Monster Hunter 1 and 2? I thought both sold pretty good.

MH (PS2) ~ 250K
MHG (PS2) ~ 200K
MH2 (PS2) ~ 550K

Don't kill me if it's not accurate.

I'm trying to figure out this Monster Hunter phenomenon. It didn't do that great on the console, but when the game goes to PSP the games starts out OK and then keeps on selling and selling. And now MHP2 is gonna explode with sales. Monster Hunter. Portable. I guess if you were gonna ask me 2 years ago Monster Hunter Portable would be the PSP killer app I would have laughed.

Me too_On the behalf of die hard Capcom fan.I never enjoy this serie.Maybe it's the same as Animal crossing when the game release on the right time with right machine.

Soft - 350k
Hard - 60k

I think 350k would already be a record for a PSP game first week isn't it? Can't wait for first day sales (and % of shipment too).

bud

h-103_67506_1.jpg.jpg

the look on his face:lol

I was interested in seeing other predictions so here are some japanese ones:
http://www.kyoto.zaq.ne.jp/dkbkq103/yso/machi/15/1508.htm

モンスターハンターポータブル 2nd - MHP 2nd obviously :lol
ファイアーエムブレム 暁の女神 - Fire Emblem Wii
ひぐらしのなく頃に祭 - Higurashi PS2

My MHP 2nd is under every of them...I thought the first shipment would be 400k :/

gconsole

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I was interested in seeing other predictions so here are some japanese ones:
http://www.kyoto.zaq.ne.jp/dkbkq103/yso/machi/15/1508.htm

モンスターハンターポータブル 2nd - MHP 2nd obviously :lol
ファイアーエムブレム 暁の女神 - Fire Emblem Wii
ひぐらしのなく頃に祭 - Higurashi PS2

My MHP 2nd is under every of them...I thought the first shipment would be 400k :/

The number predicted by japanese folks are pretty high (average at 500k :O). Can't wait to see the real number.

reminder

I just bought Monster Hunter Freedom two days ago for only 15 euros instead of 30 euros. It's the first time i play a Monster Hunter game and it's awesome! Only the loading times are a little long but i don't really bother about that.

Can't wait for MHP2 and of course MH3 for PS3. :D

Steroyd

h-103_67506_3.jpg.jpg

It's like people aren't happy with just one copy of Monster Hunter....

Wow now i've got to see what all this fuss is about, when it goes overseas...hopefully.

Defuser

Souldriver said:
They all look so happy with their purchase!

Seriously though, I never thought their would be a game on the PSP than creates such lines and hype.
You sound like only the DS could do such things

Steroyd said:
Wow now i've got to see what all this fuss is about, when it goes overseas...hopefully.
If you play Monster Hunter before,the sequal is always better than the first

I've put over 200 hundred hours into the first game, and didn't even notice it. It's the most skill based RPG, it's hard, but great.

Can't wait for another one to hit Europe.

Oh and those guys:

h-103_67506_1.jpg.jpg
h-103_67506_2.jpg.jpg

They aren't happy, they are glad.

sphinx

the piano man
amazing,

are people just directly buying a PSP bundle? I didn't think the game would move that much units.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
h-103_67506_2.jpg.jpg

What is the difference between the two he is holding? The one on the right is the game alone, but the left?

Jammy

Banned
typhonsentra said:
Are those people buying multiple copies a piece?

Remember, the Japanese are the ones that are pictured playing their White DSLs while waiting in line for the Black DSLs...

Doctor_No

Defuser said:
Then what about this one?It seem bigger
h-103_67506_1.jpg.jpg

I think one comes with the accessories and the other comes with the PSP bundled. I only got the game and not the bundle so I can't talk from first hand experience.

jeremy1456

First week sales prediction:

MHP2: 220k

PSP Hardware: 40k

EDIT: Remember guys, Blue Dragon had these kind of lines too.

DCharlie

Banned
the one on the right - i think there are multiple packs (or i guess the items above are in the PSP bundle) because the pack i've seen has a wooden case for the PSP (styled like the game) you get a sticker for the game to make it look wooden to (!) and some headphones (which you can also make wooden looking)

MH : Got wood.

sphinx

the piano man
jeremy1456 said:

for real????

I think you are mistaking TGS booth lines with actual people buying the product on stores.

Defuser

jeremy1456 said:
Blue Dragon =/= Monster Hunter Portable 2

Unlike BD, MHP is still selling from last year till now.MHP1 just refuses to be kick off the top 30 charts

Although it hasn't really translated into sales in the US (shock!), for some reason MHP is really popular here as well. The board for it at Gamefaqs often rivals the one for Oblivion on the 360 in terms of traffic. And the board for the 2nd one is shooting up the charts now thanks to all the pirates playing it.

A'yep!

Looks like SEGA was right.

I'm sure Capcom will be abandoning PSP any day now. Woe is PSP! :p

I really hope Capcom USA works some witchcraft and makes the US version on-line. Somehow, some way. Or don't release that isht here! >:|

OatmealMu

DCharlie said:
the one on the right - i think there are multiple packs (or i guess the items above are in the PSP bundle) because the pack i've seen has a wooden case for the PSP (styled like the game) you get a sticker for the game to make it look wooden to (!) and some headphones (which you can also make wooden looking)

MH : Got wood.

Eh, they should've made the accessories look like they were made from monster parts. I want a Diablos PSP with little horns coming out of it and headphones styled after their tail.

Brofist

jeremy1456 said:

is there a noclue.gif floating around somewhere?

jeremy1456

Defuser said:
Blue Dragon =/= Monster Hunter Portable 2

Unlike BD, MHP is still selling from last year till now.MHP1 just refuses to be kick off the top 30 charts

We're talking about sales for a single week, not over time.

Did everyone forget about this thread?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132619&highlight=blue+dragon+launch

Hardware predictions are just a bit high is all I'm saying, considering that most of the sales of MHP2 are probably from those who are fans of the past games. In theory, they would already own a PSP.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I`m never able to get into the city during the week, or I would`ve taken photos of the Yodobashi Umeda line. My stupid office is way out in the countryside. :mad:

Top Bottom