• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

fek

Asuka Uriel video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oto_PGT1Puc

Also, was able to beat the new floors of the tower yesterday:

CTues-jWIAAAjvk.jpg:large

For the 5 new floors, it's like Avalon where elemental advantages are increased, so it's very important to have monsters with the right element otherwise you will be taking double the damage. Particularly you will need NGB bounce water (specially Rapunzel and Sinbad), NDW pierce fire (Cherry Winger and Ryoma evo), and wood with minesweeper/flight + either NDW or NGB, I was able to beat this one with Kushi/Kushi/Marishiten + friend Mustang so it's doable with drop monsters. The other 2 floors are light/dark and are way easier.

KuroNeeko

Those aren’t chicken floors,are they?

I’ve never really bothered because of the rank restriction.

An extra 50 orbs must have been nice!

fek

Those aren’t chicken floors,are they?

I’ve never really bothered because of the rank restriction.

An extra 50 orbs must have been nice!
Yeah, it's the chick floors like in Cybele quest.. 3 of the new floors of the tower have these this time and it's a pain lol.

pronk420

Is there any news on this coming to Europe?

I think one of the 8-4 guys was going to try to persuade them they could just release the US english version rather than translating it into all european languages, since Puzzle and Dragons just released in english in europe and did fine..

It seems crazy to hold it back when they already have an english translation.

Soooooo...did anyone manage to get through the 20 levels on Strikers rest? Just found out about the Orb reward a day ago so I'm powering through it..

fek

19 gave me the most trouble.

How do these compare to the Japanese towers? On par? Easier?
It's easier. Still a good challenge IMO, considering EN still doesn't have many of the monsters that make some of the harder floors of the JP tower easier.

It's easier. Still a good challenge IMO, considering EN still doesn't have many of the monsters that make some of the harder floors of the JP tower easier.

Yeah...I'm still waiting for Lucy >_> alot of people predicted she would come out during December, but still nothing...in fact no new hatchers at all.

chrono01

Yeah...I'm still waiting for Lucy >_> alot of people predicted she would come out during December, but still nothing...in fact no new hatchers at all.
I've been waiting for so long.

They mentioned in the Striker Tribune that we're getting a "new monster" for the Legend Hatcher at the end of this month/beginning of next month for New Year's, so here's hoping that it's [finally] Lucy. I still probably won't manage to get her [even with my 500+ Magic Orbs], but I at least want a chance damn it!

Shouta

It's bizarre we still haven't gotten Lucy.

On that note, I have a ton of vouchers to use. I should probably get those used up soon eventually.

chrono01

It's bizarre we still haven't gotten Lucy.

On that note, I have a ton of vouchers to use. I should probably get those used up soon eventually.
She's coming on New Year's. Believe!

To be honest, I really do feel like it's possible this time [but then, I always feel this way]. I'm not sure how much longer they can delay her release, considering so many other gatcha monsters that follow her. She's not even that over-powered anymore, thanks to Gabriel [Evo] in the Japanese version.

FZZ

Banned
Since I think they know everyone has been saving up for her I'm honestly expecting rates to be lower than they have ever been

or so high that everyone gets a free Lucy :D

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Because of the Lucy News in the other thread i decided to launch the game for the first time in months. Obv. i had to download the latest Update first....but man that Monster Strike UI and Design is sick.

Gacha might have killed the game for me - but im always surprised on how good it looks when i come back. Other f2p gacha devs should take notice.

PS. Yeah i will use my 40 or whatever stones i had left for Lucy ...lol. I hope it doesnt happen because there is no time, but if i were to pull her...i probably would wanna get back into the game /dead

chrono01

Because of the Lucy News in the other thread i decided to launch the game for the first time in months. Obv. i had to download the latest Update first....but man that Monster Strike UI and Design is sick.

Gacha might have killed the game for me - but im always surprised on how good it looks when i come back. Other f2p gacha devs should take notice.

PS. Yeah i will use my 40 or whatever stones i had left for Lucy ...lol. I hope it doesnt happen because there is no time, but if i were to pull her...i probably would wanna get back into the game /dead
Welcome back and good luck to you!

Good luck Sasuke. I've been waiting for Lucy this whole time @_@ I'll probably get back to playing more after that.
Same here. I've mostly been logging in for the free items and doing the occasional dungeon with the LINE group and/or myself. I've been waiting for this moment, so I'm hoping I can pull her to have made the wait worth it. I'm doubtful since, as I mentioned before, I have some pretty poor luck with gatcha games [that doesn't make me love them any less!].

cw_sasuke

Good luck Sasuke. I've been waiting for Lucy this whole time @_@ I'll probably get back to playing more after that.

Ha thanks, but i dont really need it since im not even playing the game anymore. I wish you guys all the luck in the world that you get her - especially since the wait was so long.

Its been a while...and memory is a bit off but looking at my box it seems like had a bunch of good units - Gacha must have really screwed me over if i stopped playing anyway lol.

Not sure who it was but i think Oryo(?) is to blame...lol.

Edit:
Welcome back and good luck to you!
Thanks man*

*just pulling though, dont think i have time for MS anyway.

chrono01

Thanks man*

*just pulling though, dont think i have time for MS anyway.
Heh, understandable. These games do take up a lot of free-time, they can be quite the commitment. Regardless, best of luck to you and everyone else here!

Speaking of, does anyone know when the New Year's hatcher [and thus, Lucy] will go live? If it's at 12AM on January 1st, I might be tempted to pull then and get the disappointment over not getting Lucy done with as quickly as possible.

Edit: So it seems like Lucy won't be getting a rate-up, typical with past "featured monsters", during this Legends hatcher. Normally they have them listed as being at increased odds, but the banner for Lucy simply states "Lucy, Tempest and Striker can only be found here!".

http://us.monster-strike.com/news/new_hatcher_20160101.html

I guess that means we'll be pulling from the entire pool of 4/5* monsters at the exact same odds. Of course they could change this later, but this has been how Japan handled their Legend hatchers so it's possible we're only now getting that same treatment.

...I have a feeling I won't be getting my Lucy. :(

FZZ

Banned
Posted this in the LINE chat but I think it works here as well

Good evening. In less than an hour, gachas from here will join others from around the world. And you will be rolling the largest consecutive ten shots in this history of mankind.

Mankind -- that word should have new meaning for all of us today.

We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore.

We will be united in our common interests.

Perhaps its fate that today is the 1st of January, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom, not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution -- but from Lucy.

We're fighting for our right to play, to enjoy.

And should we win the day, New Years will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice:

"We will not go quietly into the night!

We will not vanish without a fight!

We're going to live on!

We're going to survive!"

Today, we celebrate our Lucy Day!

Good luck GAF.

Boy there she is. Boy. 3 50 rolls.

Notable "Gets"
Hamelin
Oda Nobunaga
Striker(lol..)
Mozart
Zorro

OHFADPHFGDUPAHTUPWEATH89P23T

OH MY GOD

I DID 3 50 PULLS

I GOT SHIT

BUT I HAD 5 ORBS LEFT

I GOT LUCY

AJDIFPOJWEA89UH5928TPT My hands are shaking right now

Edit:Now to wait for the ascension materials..

chrono01

Congrats Jason/Breezy.

I did 105 pulls [525 Magic Orbs], no Lucy.

I've only been playing this game casually waiting for Lucy. Not pulling her with 6+ months of saved orbs doesn't make me want to play more, quite the opposite. I do have Arthur/Striker, but their ascensions are likely a long time away. I'm not saying I'll quit for good, but I'm kind of feeling like I should. I play enough gatcha games as it is, so it's not like I need another. I don't know, I'm probably just disappointed in my pulls. At least this happened at the end of the year and not the start [still 11PM here]. :/

Congrats Jason/Breezy.

I did 105 pulls [525 Magic Orbs], no Lucy.

I've only been playing this game casually waiting for Lucy. Not pulling her with 6+ months of saved orbs doesn't make me want to play more, quite the opposite. I do have Arthur/Striker, but their ascensions are likely a long time away. I'm not saying I'll quit for good, but I'm kind of feeling like I should. I play enough gatcha games as it is, so it's not like I need another. I don't know, I'm probably just disappointed in my pulls. At least this happened at the end of the year and not the start [still 11PM here]. :/

I feel you, I was probably going to quit if I didn't get Lucy.

First 10 shot: Lucy (first monster revealed too!), Tempest, Oda Nobunaga. Decide to do 2 more: another Lucy and Saigo.

I'll keep the rest of my orbs for wukong or uri.

EDIT: sorry, chrono101, didn't mean to rub it in :s (Jason was the last post i read before pulling)

fek

Congrats everyone. I did 5 10 shots on my main and tried 4 10 shots on an alt and didn't get her.
Could roll more on my main but gonna stop here. Lucy is an amazing monster but as a lot of people put her as main I can always use her on the friend slot.

cw_sasuke

Happy new year MS GAF !!

Congrats on your Lucy pulls Jason/Breezy/Hermit - very nice :-D

I did 2x 10 pulls and only got crap(i think), deinstalled the game again but even while pulling i knew even getting Lucy wouldnt get me back into it.

I dont know if its just because of the Holidays but i liked that there are way more events running per day compared to a couple months ago. Also it seems like HP/ATK/SPD fodder units dont have to be maxed anymore...cool.

So yeah...hope your keep enjoying MS this year as well and that mixi considers a EU version.

Ducarmel

The gatcha is as brutal as i remembered. Did 4 10 shots, lots 4* crap got a few 5* none of them Luci.

I have not played the game in months so I'm not sure if the 5* I got are even good.

Striker I know I had have Godstriker so I don't know if its worth having 2
Gilgamesh vaguely remember reading about him here before I stop playing
Tini I remember him not sure if he is still considered good
Valk I remember her and not being impressed.
Ra
Saruobi Sasuke
Izumo

Top Bottom