• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

Strain

The gatcha is as brutal as i remembered. Did 4 10 shots, lots 4* crap got a few 5* none of them Luci.

I have not played the game in months so I'm not sure if the 5* I got are even good.

Striker I know I had have Godstriker so I don't know if its worth having 2
Gilgamesh vaguely remember reading about him here before I stop playing
Tini I remember him not sure if he is still considered good
Valk I remember her and not being impressed.
Ra
Saruobi Sasuke
Izumo
In Jp his divination (a second ascension) is rated 9.5
http://strikeshot.net/monster/1631

fek

New bakuzetsu quest in JP, got to the last stage. Actually have a lot of good monsters for this so I should be able to clear next time now that I understood the quest
CXzPGVDWQAAaPCG.jpg:large

New bakuzetsu quest in JP, got to the last stage. Actually have a lot of good monsters for this so I should be able to clear next time now that I understood the quest

I see you're using the Belphegor ascension. Is that better or worse than her evo? or is it a toss up?

fek

I see you're using the Belphegor ascension. Is that better or worse than her evo? or is it a toss up?
For this quest there are warps so her asc is better. This new form of quests also make it so elements matter more, so a water slayer deals even more than damage than normal. Her strike shot is pretty fast too, I used it on the the mid boss stage and then used it later on the boss.
But in general, evo's one way laser is a bit outdated considering that there are other great null damage wall wood monsters that have strong bump combo too but don't require as much positioning like Kushinada or Ibaraki.

For this quest there are warps so her asc is better. This new form of quests also make it so elements matter more, so a water slayer deals even more than damage than normal. Her strike shot is pretty fast too, I used it on the the mid boss stage and then used it later on the boss.
But in general, evo's one way laser is a bit outdated considering that there are other great null damage wall wood monsters that have strong bump combo too but don't require as much positioning like Kushinada or Ibaraki.

Mhm, gotcha. Yeah I can see why her evos a bit outdated, I have an asc. Hunter King and he can pretty much fill her role. Ill definitely look out for her asc. Monsters @_@

Just curious, how far away is NA from this? Seems like JP got that a while ago.

probably not for a long while

it's about 200 monster spots away and I feel the devs still think NA's player base is in general too crappy to even farm the mats needed for beast ascs at this point wwwww

probably not for a long while

it's about 200 monster spots away and I feel the devs still think NA's player base is in general too crappy to even farm the mats needed for beast ascs at this point wwwww

They should stop trying to push co-op on us ._.

unless co-op is really big in japan in which case

stop trying to push co-op on us

ZeroAKA

I felt a sudden urge to play this game again after reading about 3DS game today. I wasn't able to recover my old account from back when Zeus was still considered one of the best units in the game, but I managed to roll Lucy on my second try. Is the GAF Line group still active?

Edit: I usually have the worst luck in F2P games, but this just happened:
Looks like I might stick around for a while this time. My ID is 630,990,084,265 if anyone wants to add me.

MisterNoisy

Started playing this over Christmas because I only had my phone with me and no other gaming options for a week. Fun little take on the P&D formula.

Also installed it on my Nexus 7 and will occasionally co-op with myself because of the increased loot, but I feel a bit silly doing so.

I felt a sudden urge to play this game again after reading about 3DS game today. I wasn't able to recover my old account from back when Zeus was still considered one of the best units in the game, but I managed to roll Lucy on my second try. Is the GAF Line group still active?

Edit: I usually have the worst luck in F2P games, but this just happened:

Looks like I might stick around for a while this time. My ID is 630,990,084,265 if anyone wants to add me.

Excellent rolls! I think the first one is Ieyasu, in which case his Evo is fantastic! Lucy....Judgement Storm lady...really great rolls.

fek

Emerald is a top pick for the 32nd floor of the tower but doesn't see much use in other circustances so far
Don Quixote asc has a very strong strike shot.

Got Niraikanai yesterday in it's second time showing up:

Macrotus

Emerald is a top pick for the 32nd floor of the tower but doesn't see much use in other circustances so far
Don Quixote asc has a very strong strike shot.

Got Niraikanai yesterday in it's second time showing up:

Grats on Niraikanai!

I got it as well, I think it was early February.
But I was lucky with some of the mechanics.

I used Chokaku as the leader monster. Her luck was 52, but I'm thinking of maxing her luck for more treasure boxes. Her strike shot came in handy.
But since her strike shot is luck dependent, I want to max Chosen's luck too, but I really hate that quest (the dungeon that slows your speed down unless you keep on picking up that speed up boot).
mr1EPOj.jpg

JWMQ9oI.png

I need Avalon though... That Bakuzetsu dungeon is seriously hard for me.
Wish I had Amakusa.

fek

Grats on Niraikanai!

I got it as well, I think it was early February.
But I was lucky with some of the mechanics.

I used Chokaku as the leader monster. Her luck was 52, but I'm thinking of maxing her luck for more treasure boxes. Her strike shot came in handy.
But since her strike shot is luck dependent, I want to max Chosen's luck too, but I really hate that quest (the dungeon that slows your speed down unless you keep on picking up that speed up boot).

I need Avalon though... That Bakuzetsu dungeon is seriously hard for me.
Wish I had Amakusa.
Yeah, personally I think Avalon is the hardest quest in the game so far (harder than the tower), at least without Amakusa. My best team for the quest is all drop monsters (Lilith and Yamato x2) and that's doable, I got 2 drops already, but it's pretty hard.
By the way, having Avalon makes Chousen a lot easier, lol.

Macrotus

Yeah, personally I think Avalon is the hardest quest in the game so far (harder than the tower), at least without Amakusa. My best team for the quest is all drop monsters (Lilith and Yamato x2) and that's doable, I got 2 drops already, but it's pretty hard.
By the way, having Avalon makes Chousen a lot easier, lol.

Looks like I really need to get Avalon next lol

And I've actually tried with the same team as you.
I guess I need to get better at it, but its really hard to get in between lots of stuff, which is what you do for most of the floors.
Because the hit box and the illustration of the enemies are different. Especially trying to get underneath Legion (that mini boss) is a pain...

I'd probably should just use Yamatake's strike shot there...

Kitoro

Wow, crazy timing! Just decided to randomly redownload this game after getting bored to tears with it a few months after Global Launch back in 2014, and right in time for this lovely new UI!

Game is still as boring as I remember, and having to start from a new beginning with these Trials is going to be one boring slog for my 6* team.

I'm also shocked to see that my Queen Arthur is still considered an upper tier character. Has the game not advanced much in the way of a power creep?

I've got 250 gems saved up. When do I want to summon for something better than Queen Arthur to use as my lead? I'm hearing something about March 1st..?

Lastly, is there an easy guide to ascension? I want to ascend some units, but I have no idea how or where to get the characters needed to sacrifice for the Ascension...

Oh, and this local multiplayer.. Is it also cross compatible between iOS and Android? If so, how? Pretty sure if it's Bluetooth, it won't work. Are they using some other tech for wireless play?

Thanks!

fek

Wow, crazy timing! Just decided to randomly redownload this game after getting bored to tears with it a few months after Global Launch back in 2014, and right in time for this lovely new UI!

Game is still as boring as I remember, and having to start from a new beginning with these Trials is going to be one boring slog for my 6* team.

I'm also shocked to see that my Queen Arthur is still considered an upper tier character. Has the game not advanced much in the way of a power creep?

I've got 250 gems saved up. When do I want to summon for something better than Queen Arthur to use as my lead? I'm hearing something about March 1st..?

Lastly, is there an easy guide to ascension? I want to ascend some units, but I have no idea how or where to get the characters needed to sacrifice for the Ascension...

Oh, and this local multiplayer.. Is it also cross compatible between iOS and Android? If so, how? Pretty sure if it's Bluetooth, it won't work. Are they using some other tech for wireless play?

Thanks!
Arthur got a new ascension that made her top tier again. It's not out in the global version yet though.
People usually recommend waiting for the Legends Hatcher because it has better rates on 5* monsters, and also has powerful exclusive monsters like Lucy and Tempest. It happens on the beginning of every month.
For ascension you need to get the monsters from event quests, you can check in the in-game schedule on the details of each quest to see if the monster is used for some ascesion you need.
I think local multiplayer works between iOS and android, yeah, but I don't really know how it works.

Kitoro

Thanks for all the info!

Also, if a unit has the option of evolving or ascending, and I got the evolution route, can they never reach their ascended form later?

I have a 5* Merlin which I assume I want to keep 5* until I can ascend him to his 6* form? Am I reading it right that he also has a 7* ascended form? Do I ascend him twice, then? Or can I evolve once and then ascend once to 7*? This is all so confusing, haha.

fek

Thanks for all the info!

Also, if a unit has the option of evolving or ascending, and I got the evolution route, can they never reach their ascended form later?

I have a 5* Merlin which I assume I want to keep 5* until I can ascend him to his 6* form? Am I reading it right that he also has a 7* ascended form? Do I ascend him twice, then? Or can I evolve once and then ascend once to 7*? This is all so confusing, haha.
You can switch between evolution and ascension. If you go from evo to asc it will take you less event monsters than it would if you went from base form to asc. If you go from asc to evo you don't need to use a divine sharl like you would if you went from base to evo, but it takes you more regular sharls.
Merlin has evolution and ascension, both are 6*. Which form is better depends from monster to monster, but for Merlin asc is better so you can choose if you want to wait until you can get her materials for asc, or just evolve it for now and asc later.

Kitoro

Thanks again.

Okay, last question, I promsie, haha.

I was rank 35 when I quit back in 2014. Now that the old stages are gone and replaced with new ones, I don't seem to be gaining any experience worth a damn to level up.

How far along am I going to have to trudge to start ranking up?

Thanks again.

Okay, last question, I promsie, haha.

I was rank 35 when I quit back in 2014. Now that the old stages are gone and replaced with new ones, I don't seem to be gaining any experience worth a damn to level up.

How far along am I going to have to trudge to start ranking up?

They reset the stage progression and I guess compiled a new set of stages for levelling up. I suppose 4-5 trial tabs in you'll get back to good exp gains

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is this game still super reliant on co-op? And is the gacha still the worst ever? Really loved the geometry aspect of the game, but man were the rolls painful. Also the co-op stuff was fun, but the fact that some dungeons required it was annoying since LINE drinks battery on my phone.

fek

Is this game still super reliant on co-op? And is the gacha still the worst ever? Really loved the geometry aspect of the game, but man were the rolls painful. Also the co-op stuff was fun, but the fact that some dungeons required it was annoying since LINE drinks battery on my phone.
Co-op is still the best way to farm orbs thanks to how affinity works in the global version. Local co-op is even better with an extra guaranteed drop on extreme and impossible quests.
They did make the multiplayer exclusive savage quests that we had before playable solo now though, so I would say there's nothing restricting solo play anymore.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Co-op is still the best way to farm orbs thanks to how affinity works in the global version. Local co-op is even better with an extra guaranteed drop on extreme and impossible quests.
They did make the multiplayer exclusive savage quests that we had before playable solo now though, so I would say there's nothing restricting solo play anymore.

Can I still do the local co-op trick where you start as the other device drops?

Best thing about the resetting mission progress is that clearing each tab gives 5 orbs, I'm already over 100 again.

Now...to know which hatcher to roll for @_@

Macrotus

Best thing about the resetting mission progress is that clearing each tab gives 5 orbs

The US version gives 5 orbs per mission tab?!
wow.....
The JP version only gives 1 orb...
And afaik, the JP version never had a normal mission progression reset...

The only mission tabs which give 5 orbs are the collaboration mission, like the current Street Fighter collab missions.

The US version gives 5 orbs per mission tab?!
wow.....
The JP version only gives 1 orb...
And afaik, the JP version never had a normal mission progression reset...

The only mission tabs which give 5 orbs are the collaboration mission, like the current Street Fighter collab missions.

Interesting.

But yeah, right now if you complete the tabs(That is, set of missions), you go to your quest list and can pick up another 5 orbs. So far I've gotten over 40ish and I think I have 1 or 2 more tabs to go.

Maybe the US version is getting more stuff because it doesn't get the cool collabs?

scottnak

Yup, this normal quest renewal is a NA only thing.
(Also spoiler! the last tab gives much more than 5)

The new quests are definitely geared to help (I think) newer players get a taste of what the Impossible quests are like. Or at least help them get a little push.

There was an article on Famitsu where they said Mixi was going to start up a big marketing campaign in NA starting in the spring so... hopfeully the new people come in and then collabs can start happenin'!

Macrotus

Maybe the US version is getting more stuff because it doesn't get the cool collabs?
Yeah, maybe. Its nice to hear NA finally got Lucy.
My rank is above 200 and I still don't have Lucy.... /shrug

Marvel x Monst would be amazing if we could get it. The JPs would probably be jelly.

Definitely possible. Puzzle and Dragons had characters like Batman, Superman etc.
So there no reason why Mixi can't do tha same.

But I'm really wishing for a Dragon Ball collab though.
But at the same time, I'm worried that everyones strike shots will be One-way-lazer lol
(Goku: Kamehameha, Vegeta: Final Flash etc.)

Wait, so there's literally going to be no way to play online anymore? Are they intentionally trying to kill the game in the western hemisphere?

Can't find an equivalent notice on the Japanese site.

Shouta

They're literally going to kill the game in the western hemisphere with this. There's no doubt about it, lol.

What are they doing

This isn't Japan, everybody isn't in a tight-knit community where it's easy to find other people to play with.

That, and the fact that so many missions need co-op to play, that is the 'special' missions they have that are limited entries but also require co-op to start....

that's just stupid in so many ways.

Look at this shit-
There are already plans to add many new features and events based around playing together. It goes without saying that these changes are huge and may be hard to digest. However, after many long discussions, the team felt that this change was necessary to bring people together for a better and more personal experience.

Nope. It's not gonna work out. I don't want to drag someone I don't know, hell I don't know anyone in RL that plays this game. So what's my only option, get an Ipad and just play with myself?

chrono01

I don't play this game as much as I did (not receiving Lucy with my 550+ Orbs kind of turned me from it), but I have been logging in daily waiting for Arthur's ascension. This is, umm...surprising, I'm really not sure what they're going for. I know not a single person in real-life that plays Monster Strike, let alone other gatcha games. If they restrict all of the difficult content behind local co-op (as well as other goodies), it's definitely going to have a negative impact here.

Saddening. :/

basik

no more online? R.I.P monster strike. I know noone in real life near me who plays this and I have zero interest in meeting up with strangers in my area. hell in my city meeting up with a stranger could get you a gun in your face and your phone+wallet stolen.

Jason

I work in the same building as the only person I know who plays this game and we rarely if ever play local co-op...

R.I.P. Monster Strike. It was fun while it lasted.

I want to know at what data they're looking at that says this is viable, to remove a whole section of their game.

It's insane. It's like if SuperCell came in and removed their online matchmaking, and said 'well we feel that local play would be better.'

Man, this is a shooting themselves in a foot moment.

fek

I think this all started with their change to the affinity system. We can farm orbs way too easy with line groups, it's even more broken with the affinity and beyond events. Because of that, players who only play solo or local co-op probably spend more money in the game since they don't have many ways to get orbs. Really, I can't see any other reason why they would do this.
Still, it's a terrible move, they are killing communities that have been created just for the game. This might not kill the game itself but in what way is this going to help increase player base? Forcing everyone to make alts? I'm not going to go around inviting people to play the game locally just because of this change.

Top Bottom