• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Moon landing conspiracy and Flat Earth conspiracy theories go here and nowhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Staying calm is integral to conducting a successful trolling.
73705.jpg

While I don't buy the fake moon landing conspiracy I can totally understand it
But what would be the motive in lying about a flat earth?

That has always - all the evidence of a globe aside - been my question. Who benefits? (most) All lies, from personal to communal, have a beneficiary, or at least the motive of some sort of benefit.

The moon landing has lots of fishy elements, and I don't know how I feel about that though. I'm comfortable saying I don't know.

In both cases, however, I still eat my rice and beans.

That has always - all the evidence of a globe aside - been my question. Who benefits? (most) All lies, from personal to communal, have a beneficiary, or at least the motive of some sort of benefit.

The moon landing has lots of fishy elements, and I don't know how I feel about that though. I'm comfortable saying I don't know.

In both cases, however, I still eat my rice and beans.
The one that rings most true to me (mentioned by wellthain earlier) is that they are hiding literal bodies of land from the public. Think Atlantis and Mu. Not that I believe they are doing this, just from a logic question of why standpoint, it's the most boring answer I can come up with, the right answer usually being completely boring and explainable. Maybe more resources on those bodies of land? Who knows.

The one that rings most true to me (mentioned by wellthain earlier) is that they are hiding literal bodies of land from the public. Think Atlantis and Mu. Not that I believe they are doing this, just from a logic question of why standpoint, it's the most boring answer I can come up with, the right answer usually being completely boring and explainable. Maybe more resources on those bodies of land? Who knows.

My personal approach to knowledge, and I used that word very carefully, is that I know very little. Most all claimed knowledge is ultimately hearsay, and not first-hand experience. So what do I know? Not much.

Grinchy

Banned
I feel like you have to go even further off the deep end to believe that the ominous "they" are trying to control lands that are unknown to us. We'd have to essentially give up on our belief in our total current reality.

How would all of these warring countries just decide to work together to keep the secret from all of us peasants? We essentially have to start believing that everything we see is a roleplay if we are going to believe that every governmental body on the planet has come together to lie to us throughout all of our recorded history and before it in order to keep this one single lie going strong. And that's all to hide some plots of land?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
my point was to shit all over the argument that people have made to me in the past why they don’t stick cameras on all the satellites and rockets they are sending into space “because it’s too expensive” I think it makes the point very well. Nasa released that video 2 days after the YouTube guy uploaded that video calling them out
Taking video in the ISS vs putting a video camera mounted on the outside of a rocket that's supposed to survive the experience are two very different things.

the iss footage from inside the station is obviously fake to me.
When they aren’t on harnesses they use the zero g planes.
Not fake. You've never actually experienced zero g except from Hollywood movies so you don't have a reality based frame of reference to draw from. They can't do an hour long livestream in a zero g plane because the zero g portion of the plane ride only lasts 30 seconds at a time.

During the flight 15 parabolas are performed each providing about 30 seconds of reduced gravity or weightlessness. By the end of the flight you will log about 6-7 minutes of reduced gravity - that's about as much zero-gravity time as Alan Shepard experienced on America's first human spaceflight.

It’s not just the green screen glitches. They are clearly using some kind of augmented reality vr tech. Heads glitch through walls, people disappear around corners etc it’s all a magic show

footage of high altitude “low earth orbit” doesn’t cut it for me. Plenty of amateur high altitude footage that shows no curvature where other footage from the same height uses wide angle lenses which make the curve convex and concave depending on the angle

Those pictures of galaxies and shit aren’t real photos.
Nah, they're clearly not. It's in space yo. Happy birthday buddy! :messenger_heart:🎂

Nymphae

Banned
That's true. That convinced me. The Earth really is flat and every governmental body on it has been working together for a thousand years to keep that secret from us, and I know this has to be true because you sniped a part of a sentence.

Wasn't presenting it as a proof of anything, I was presenting it as a curious situation. The rationale given for this treaty is environmental concerns. Do you believe that all of these warring countries signed a treaty in 1959 to stay out of the continent for environmental reasons? I mean you have to, it's the official story. But I don't understand how they all came together on that one, and I don't know that I believe it's because they wanted to protect the environment in 1959.

Grinchy

Banned
Wasn't presenting it as a proof of anything, I was presenting it as a curious situation. The rationale given for this treaty is environmental concerns. Do you believe that all of these warring countries signed a treaty in 1959 to stay out of the continent for environmental reasons? I mean you have to, it's the official story. But I don't understand how they all came together on that one, and I don't know that I believe it's because they wanted to protect the environment in 1959.

But I guess the point is that the existence of the land isn't a secret to us. And these nations aren't working together because there's some profitable ice cream factory there and every country involved is equally sharing the secret profits.

That's what someone would have to believe to think that all of these governments are lying to us about the planet being spherical all just to hide land masses from us in a giant team effort that has spanned throughout recorded history.

I think it's clear here that we only have one course of action.

We need to INCREASE global warming.

Use aerosols! Leave all your lights on! Drive bigger cars!

If we manage to melt Antarctica its juicy secrets shall be revealed

Hinedorf

Banned
I really love how Weilthain Weilthain is handling all the criticism with 100% calm. Regards!

Also I don't want to criticize anyone especially the OP but putting into one glass two theories of which one is stupid and the second one has scientific proofs isn't good move for truth sake.

See actually, I just sort assume he actually looks like his avatar so when he speaks of Flat Earth I listen as if he's an alien speaking to things I clearly don't grasp.

And when he comes away so calm and collected I almost question if maybe I'm the wrong one!

Also there is no air pressure up in the thermosphere so there isn't a significant transfer of heat.
vacuums are very effective insulators, and the sun rays should warm quite well. In the moon some areas under the sun are hundreds of degrees hot, while areas in shadow are hundreds of degrees cold, due to the vacuum insulating and impeding heat transmission. At the same time I've heard infrared radiation towards the dark side exposed to space should also result in cooling even in a vacuum. Would that result in an overly hot and an overly cold area on the satellite? Would heat be effectively transmitted across it? I imagine the cooling and heating in vacuum balance out and heat transmission takes place between sun exposed portion and portions not exposed.

You should watch it. It's not fake.
The problems with the ISS footage, at least some of it are:
1. There are some videos of them doing motions with their hands as if moving objects, but no objects being in their hands.

2. For unknown reasons some of the women with long hair rather than having their hair tied or properly arranged, it is held wildly like medusa with some strong hair gel or perm. I don't know if they've done it, but moving about with loose long hair for a while would be a good stunt.

3. On some of the videos of them interacting with people on earth, they appear to respond after some significant delay to questions, but on some occasions some of them react to jokes immediately with no delay by smiling despite still presenting delays to respond. There should be a delay, which they attempt to simulate, yet they can react immediately.

on other videos there isn't even any delay at all

footage of high altitude “low earth orbit” doesn’t cut it for me. Plenty of amateur high altitude footage that shows no curvature where other footage from the same height uses wide angle lenses which make the curve convex and concave depending on the angle
From what I've heard there is curvature but it is slight as the height is not sufficient for a big curvature to show. With a straight line the subtle curvature can be shown.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
I like this thread, and how people are explaining their positions. I don’t believe in flat Earth, but yelling at people who do just isn’t productive. Best for everyone to bring evidence to the table, maturely absorb it, and discuss things. That goes for things in general.

That said, I think we could end this thread pretty quickly, if we just community crowd-funded a weather balloon and camera apparatus, had people from both sides to inspect it, and... let it fly.

Certainly, an atmospheric view of the planet would settle it one way or the other, no?

It just seems to me like we have a pretty answerable question here, with evidence that would present itself cleanly to both experts and laymen.

I like this thread, and how people are explaining their positions. I don’t believe in flat Earth, but yelling at people who do just isn’t productive. Best for everyone to bring evidence to the table, maturely absorb it, and discuss things. That goes for things in general.

That said, I think we could end this thread pretty quickly, if we just community crowd-funded a weather balloon and camera apparatus, had people from both sides to inspect it, and... let it fly.

Certainly, an atmospheric view of the planet would settle it one way or the other, no?

It just seems to me like we have a pretty answerable question here, with evidence that would present itself cleanly to both experts and laymen.
Theres government agents that would tamper with it.

They are also waiting in balloons out of eyesight to mess with it as it floats past

I look at it like this: Who would you rather hang out with, someone affable who has their feet in the conspiracy pool, or someone who's empirically correct but totally insufferable about it?

Yes, because calling everybody a "basic bitch" who values scientific truth and doesn't follow their f*cked up worldview is totally not being insufferable about their conspirational convictions. To be honest, I'd gladly tolerate the peculiar whims of somebody who is right over a person that's seemingly nice but spreads false knowledge.

As Socrates would say, goodness is derived from knowledge and truth, so those who are spreading misbeliefs and half-truths are actually facilitating all the evil in this world.

zeomax

The problems with the ISS footage, at least some of it are:
1. There are some videos of them doing motions with their hands as if moving objects, but no objects being in their hands.

2. For unknown reasons some of the women with long hair rather than having their hair tied or properly arranged, it is held wildly like medusa with some strong hair gel or perm. I don't know if they've done it, but moving about with loose long hair for a while would be a good stunt.

3. On some of the videos of them interacting with people on earth, they appear to respond after some significant delay to questions, but on some occasions some of them react to jokes immediately with no delay by smiling despite still presenting delays to respond. There should be a delay, which they attempt to simulate, yet they can react immediately.

on other videos there isn't even any delay at all

There are so many unknown aspects how the hole communication setup was.
Maybe the questions were prerecorded and send to the ISS. Maybe everything was live. How was the communication between NASA and the person who was asking? Maybe everything was prerecorded so that TV show viewers can enjoy a nice show without any delays.

The ISS is moving with 17500 mph. Lets say The ISS is directly above the US so NASA can send the signal straight up --> no delay. 10 Minutes later the ISS is now on the other side of the globe. So NASA is sending the signal to a relay station in space then to another station then maybe back to a station on earth and then back to space to catch up with the moving ISS. Every jump from one relay to another causes a delay.

So many unanswered questions but of course the easiest explanation NASA is faking all this because this is the only explanation that fits your beliefs.

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
“Maybe they are faking the live interviews, doesn’t mean anything”

“maybe they did fake the photos and videos of the moon missions, but they still went”

“Ok, so that guys head did just go through the ceiling, but there is nothing weird going on”

This thread seems to have gone beyond flat earth and into the nature of space/whether or not nasa is faking their iss footage.

Flat earth is being mentioned but it's more like the "question your reality" thread at this point.

I've been getting a kick out of it. Like half my podcasts are about shit like this or something crazier, like blinking universe theory.

Edit: I really enjoyed wellthain's map a bit ago.

Last edited:
“Maybe they are faking the live interviews, doesn’t mean anything”

“maybe they did fake the photos and videos of the moon missions, but they still went”

“Ok, so that guys head did just go through the ceiling, but there is nothing weird going on”

Have you stated your position on why they would fake the footage yet? Are you full on flat earth? Just wondering.

I think it could be something as easy to explain as space is more dangerous for humans than we like to tell people or too expensive so, to keep the money for research and the dream of space travel alive in the hearts of the public, they would fake a few videos if need be.

If you do subscribe to flat earth, what was the information that sold you on it THE MOST?

zeomax

the governments and mega corporations censor and mock it to the point the average person cant allow themselves to question anything anymore.

And at the same time they are allowing every person to access the biggest communication network ever made that's allowing people all over the world to talk instantly with each other.

The response will be of course so that the governments can better control you

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
Have you stated your position on why they would fake the footage yet? Are you full on flat earth? Just wondering.

I think it could be something as easy to explain as space is more dangerous for humans than we like to tell people or too expensive so, to keep the money for research and the dream of space travel alive in the hearts of the public, they would fake a few videos if need be.

If you do subscribe to flat earth, what was the information that sold you on it THE MOST?

They fake the footage because they have to, is my blunt answer.

if you mean why would they hide the flat earth, then I’ve said already that would be actual conspiracy theories, and there are many different ideas about that.

the moon missions weren’t real. No one has left earth. Heliocentric model hasn’t been “proven” which is basically what the moon missions were about. To prove we are on a water ball in space, but they faked it. So maybe we aren’t.

People are doing experiments that are trying to prove the globe and failing.

And at the same time they are allowing every person to access the biggest communication network ever made that's allowing people all over the world to talk instantly with each other.

The response will be of course so that the governments can better control you
ever hear of the striesland effect?

what do you think would happen if they just out right banned everyone from talking about this?

they are doing their best to stop it with mockery and quarantine.

big respect for NeoGAF for allowing this conversation to happen here

zeomax

ever hear of the striesland effect?

what do you think would happen if they just out right banned everyone from talking about this?
But according to you they are trying to hide the shape of the world. Why does this don't trigger the Streisand Effekt?

Weilthain

Banned
Show me an experiment that try to prove the globe and fails?
The earth is ~24000miles circumference yet we cannot measure curve. There are many tests being done that show a lack of any curve.

There are so many examples of this.

you are forced to believe that in many cases you are seeing refracted mirages bending around the curve that make it appear they are in line of sight.

Do you have any proof of the R value of the earth? Do you have any proof of the distance to the sun? Do you have any proof that the Center of the earth is a molten core of iron? Any proof of axial rotation?

no pseudoscience

Last edited:

zeomax

The earth is ~24000miles circumference yet we cannot measure curve. There are many tests being done that show a lack of any curve.

No, this one is trying to prove that the earth is flat and failing. Show me an experiment that try to prove the globe and fails and not one that try to prove that the earth is flat.

Do you have any proof of the R value of the earth? Do you have any proof of the distance to the sun? Do you have any proof that the Center of the earth is a molten core of iron? Any proof of axial rotation?

no pseudoscience
Thats the problem, everything is pseudoscience and space math for you. Like i said just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it is wrong.

Last edited:

Dude on the left is clearly trying to cross his arms, then decides it's a bad idea in zero gravity.

On some of the videos of them interacting with people on earth, they appear to respond after some significant delay to questions, but on some occasions some of them react to jokes immediately with no delay by smiling despite still presenting delays to respond. There should be a delay, which they attempt to simulate, yet they can react immediately.

The communications delay is not a fixed constant, it depends on the position of the ISS whether a direct signal transmission is possible or not.

screenshot_2_25_13_1_47_pm.jpg

The Tracking and Data Relay Satellite System is a network of several satellites ensuring data transfer with the ISS when it is on the other side of the globe. Lag is minimal if the space station is directly above Houston (about half a second or so depending on how the signal is relayed through the TDRSS), but becomes considerably longer if the ISS reaches the far side of the planet because the signal has a much longer travel distance.

Cleared_Hot

I don't buy the flat earth stuff but I have my own skepticism of the moon landings mainly due to the steep acceleration in technology that has occurred since we supposedly went there. I'd think we would be trying to learn how to inhabit another rock by now but we just decided nah, fuck the moon, we'll just go to Mars instead?

I think there is more going on than we're privy to including the possibility that:
  • the moon landings were fake
  • they were real but we found something that hasn't been shared publically
  • they were real and we have continued to explore the moon secretly ever since
Of course I also accept that they may have occurred just as we've been told but I think that is the least likely reality.
It's 100% the MOST likely reality. Everyone is obsessed with romanticizing everything. It is what it is plain and simple.

Just wondering (yet again) but why specifically flat earth and not, let's say, hollow earth, where there is a lot more physical evidence?

It would still require them to fake all the NASA footage and lie about the shape/nature of the planet so why specifically flat earth?

Edit: asking these types of questions before work suck. I want to read and respond immediately lol.

Last edited:
Maybe its hollow

And when you bury people they dont rot away most just fall through and have a big zombie party
A lot of scientists believe that all celestial bodies are hollow (essentially solenoids) which results in their magnetic fields. It actually kind of makes sense more than a big molten ball in the core, at least as far as gravity goes, or it at least SEEMS to.

The Smithsonian was originally set up to house artifacts from hollow earth. In fact, it still receives them to this day, they just no longer keep them on display, relegating them off from a closed wing of the museum to full on storage at some point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom