• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Moon landing conspiracy and Flat Earth conspiracy theories go here and nowhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

Banned
we all know rotating spheres of water in microgravity are actually flat

still trying to figure who is keeping this thing a secret when thousands of competing geniuses across the world (many hate each other) are in agreement about various models of the known universe

Last edited:

bitbydeath

earlier in the video it looks quite curved. the earth is much bigger than that curve at that height suggests.

Here’s fisheye for comparison. It looks nothing like that and even maintains the full widescreen effect.

Of course the Earth looks curved when it reaches a particular height and that’s because it is.

eot

Banned
Thumbs up to your reply. Pondering the flat earth theory to challenge ideas and minds isn't crazy, but rather a healthy exercise. The crazy part is arguing with people with mental health issues who adopted it into their warped minds as a conspiracy theory.
This I agree with. "How do we know the Earth is round" is a good question to ask, because from a historical perspective it's not obvious. Curiosity is a healthy thing.

Here’s fisheye for comparison. It looks nothing like that and even maintains the full widescreen effect.
there are degrees of fisheye. If when the camera moves the curve changes significantly it is some form of fisheye, if I'm not mistaken. The earth is vastly bigger than suggested by that large curve, at least in the screenshot of the video. In some sections it lookes subtler, but I think I've seen it even subtler from similar balloon cameras.

DESTROYA

it’s my birthday now
thank you all for the gifts

I wonder what people would think when if NASA goes to the moon in 2024 they didn’t film the journey.
Everyone was ok when Israel and India forgot, I don’t think that would be ok if NASA didn’t film it
Happy Birthday brother, we might not agree on this whole flat earth thing but I hope you have a great Bday.

Thurible

I’m not capable sober nor drunk of writing out long form anything that will make sense to anyone especially if they are a basic bitch (that is a joke way of describing someone who doesn’t know the arguments, i get called all sorts of horrible stuff for speaking my beliefs, let me have this) so I will post some of the videos I watch that cover these points.
I apologize if I came off as rude, but this is a very much verifiable objective scientific fact. I don't mean to belittle you personally though.

The first thing the guy in the video does is claim that we have no pictures of satellites in space. The thing is satellites ARE observable in space. You can actually look outside with a telescope and possibly see one of them rolling by.

I also recommend reading this article on the matter. Though we have a lot of satellites in orbit they vary greatly in size and function. Also we have a lot of debris up there you may be surprised by the amount of space we have for low orbit around the earth.

Then the video maker goes into how cables seem to be used more often for telecommunications than satellites, which I don't see the issue with. Both can be used for that purpose and not all satellites are used for telecommunications.

The video maker complains that it doesn't make sense for satellites to work because they are moving in orbit and thus one would lose the signal as it passes by. But then he explains geostationary orbit and how move with the earth's rotation so they are always "overhead" (which is true). Then he says he doesn't buy into that because of the earth's movement in a three dimensional space would be complicated to have something like that "locked in". All I have to say in response to that is math.

He then says the van allen radiation belt around the earth should cause issues with satellites. Not all forms of radiation are dangerous especially to an object specifically made to encounter them (there are some forms of heat shielding to my understanding). Also there is no air pressure up in the thermosphere so there isn't a significant transfer of heat.

I'm not going to bother with the other video. The guy just finds it weird that a plane decided to go to Anchorage instead of Los Angeles for an emergency landing. There are many factors to consider when making a landing, there are many possible explanations.

Weilthain

Banned
I apologize if I came off as rude, but this is a very much verifiable objective scientific fact. I don't mean to belittle you personally though.

The first thing the guy in the video does is claim that we have no pictures of satellites in space. The thing is satellites ARE observable in space. You can actually look outside with a telescope and possibly see one of them rolling by.

I also recommend reading this article on the matter. Though we have a lot of satellites in orbit they vary greatly in size and function. Also we have a lot of debris up there you may be surprised by the amount of space we have for low orbit around the earth.

Then the video maker goes into how cables seem to be used more often for telecommunications than satellites, which I don't see the issue with. Both can be used for that purpose and not all satellites are used for telecommunications.

The video maker complains that it doesn't make sense for satellites to work because they are moving in orbit and thus one would lose the signal as it passes by. But then he explains geostationary orbit and how move with the earth's rotation so they are always "overhead" (which is true). Then he says he doesn't buy into that because of the earth's movement in a three dimensional space would be complicated to have something like that "locked in". All I have to say in response to that is math.

He then says the van allen radiation belt around the earth should cause issues with satellites. Not all forms of radiation are dangerous especially to an object specifically made to encounter them (there are some forms of heat shielding to my understanding). Also there is no air pressure up in the thermosphere so there isn't a significant transfer of heat.

I'm not going to bother with the other video. The guy just finds it weird that a plane decided to go to Anchorage instead of Los Angeles for an emergency landing. There are many factors to consider when making a landing, there are many possible explanations.

Thanks for the answers.

with satellites, when you say you can see them do you mean you can actually see the actual satellite 🛰 or a light going past in the sky? I know people have filmed the iss going past and you can make out the shape, but obviously I’m going to say that since all the footage of them on iss have way too many issues that make me believe it’s fake,I gotta question whether that thing is what they say it is, and whether people are really on it.

there seems to be very few photos or videos of actual satellites. Everytime you see them represented in tv it’s always a cgi cartoon.

the sticks in the ground experiment still isn’t enough to convince me. If light can bend around the curve of the earth to produce refractive mirages of things that appear they are just there in line of sight, but are actually out of actual line of sight behind the curve, then maybe with a local close sun and atmosphere light is being messed with, I don’t know that is one beyond my level of space maths.

the flight paths are pretty interesting to me. When you stretch them out on a flat map you can see how it doesn’t make sense. No one flys under the globe nearly all the flights are in the northern hemisphere as well which is the “Center”.

we all know rotating spheres of water in microgravity are actually flat

still trying to figure who is keeping this thing a secret when thousands of competing geniuses across the world (many hate each other) are in agreement about various models of the known universe
what do you think about that interview with the leading astrophysicist who can’t answer some good questions and shuts down when talking about the missing curvature experiments
Why are you complaining about a mission not taking photos, and then linking to a source that shows photos of the mission?

You post the photos it will be funnier if you are forced to post them with a straight face. “Rocket to the moon in 2019, this is the best we got!”

😁

Last edited:

Shifty

Some of you lot take this way too seriously.

You should sit back and have a giggle instead of letting your spleen get the better of you and making it a furious crusade against the crazy world view that contradicts hard science.

Getting angry over other people thinking wrong is a waste of blood pressure.

Damn your hamster eyes sharpe , your wife’s a whore
KING GEORGE COMMANDS AND WE O-BEYY
O-VER THE HILLS AND FAR A-WAYYY

Eh, what? Sorry, sudden outburst of historical patriotism.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I don’t buy that for a second.

car.moon.live stream.1972

this video will get my point across that “no cameras in space” makes no damn sense, way better than my drunk ass can

I'm not sure how that video gets across the "no cameras in space" idea. There are lots of cameras in space. Cameras that take pictures of the Earth, of the moon, of the stars, of other galaxies, etc. Lots of photographic and video footage have already been shown in this thread.

In terms of the video itself, it's hard to take seriously since the video creator can't tell the difference between a green screen error and a livestream video artifact. Furthermore, the answer to his question is obviously #2, as that was well documented too.

"Congratulations to the New England Patriots and Atlanta Falcons!" NASA astronauts Shane Kimbrough and Peggy Whitson exclaimed in a video released by NASA on Friday (Feb. 3). "See you in Houston!"

In the clip, the two Expedition 50 crewmates can be seen aboard the orbiting outpost revealing how it is they already have the still-to-be-determined champion's jersey in space: NASA launched all 32 NFL team shirts to the station.

The video shows Kimbough and Whitson unpacking a bag full of jerseys, creating a floating cloud of team colors. The Texans' deep steel blue and battle red flies by the camera, followed by the forest green and cheese gold of the Green Bay Packers, the purple and gold of the Minnesota Vikings and the burgundy of the Washington Redskins.

ae5d97a9c6b0fca1011dd56a02e29eac

You should watch it. It's not fake.

Weilthain

Banned
I'm not sure how that video gets across the "no cameras in space" idea. There are lots of cameras in space. Cameras that take pictures of the Earth, of the moon, of the stars, of other galaxies, etc. Lots of photographic and video footage have already been shown in this thread.

In terms of the video itself, it's hard to take seriously since the video creator can't tell the difference between a green screen error and a livestream video artifact. Furthermore, the answer to his question is obviously #2, as that was well documented too.

ae5d97a9c6b0fca1011dd56a02e29eac

You should watch it. It's not fake.

my point was to shit all over the argument that people have made to me in the past why they don’t stick cameras on all the satellites and rockets they are sending into space “because it’s too expensive” I think it makes the point very well. Nasa released that video 2 days after the YouTube guy uploaded that video calling them out 🧐

the iss footage from inside the station is obviously fake to me.
When they aren’t on harnesses they use the zero g planes.

It’s not just the green screen glitches. They are clearly using some kind of augmented reality vr tech. Heads glitch through walls, people disappear around corners etc it’s all a magic show

footage of high altitude “low earth orbit” doesn’t cut it for me. Plenty of amateur high altitude footage that shows no curvature where other footage from the same height uses wide angle lenses which make the curve convex and concave depending on the angle

Those pictures of galaxies and shit aren’t real photos.

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
Is it possible we can throw 9/11 conspiracy theories here as well?
It’s related to the conspiracy side of flat earth regarding how governments are corrupt, evil, lying bastards, while the normal people working for these agencies are none the wiser.

that would be up to the boss though.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
When they aren’t on harnesses they use the zero g planes.

I have never seen one attempt to explain the ISS footage where you can see the effects of harness wires on the astronauts, in one you can so clearly see one of the astronauts tug at the wire harness on the guy next to him - you can see his hand grasp something that isn't there, you can see the wire tugging on the second astronauts clothing as it's pulled, and you can see him move closer as the wire is tugged.

Last edited:
I have never seen one attempt to explain the ISS footage where you can see the effects of harness wires on the astronauts, in one you can so clearly see one of the astronauts tug at the wire harness on the guy next to him - you can see his hand grasp something that isn't there, you can see the wire tugging on the second astronauts clothing as it's pulled, and you can see him move closer as the wire is tugged.
Do you have a link I'd like to see this

Space is boring anyway. Ive never even seen star wars or star trek. Stupid wee spacemen running about shooting lasers.

We should be exploring the deepest parts of the ocean. Especially at Antarctica etc where all the lost cities and aliens are

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned

The tech to do this is in regular peoples hands now.

imagine what the governments are capable of. They are known liars. I hope people can understand why I am very sceptical about official space footage that comes from government agencies.
Ok that is pretty strange I never knew about this

And why is their headquarters in Argentina?!? The un-antartica-iest place ever

Tip of Argentina is far to the south. It’s close.

Last edited:
If Pikmin taught us anything. The Earth has a Day that lasts just 6 hours (an hour of game time) and the Humans disappeared without a Trace.

As for the Moon Landings being faked. Speed up the footage to double to see the real speed that was done on Earth (in the Nevada Desert to be exact).

Weilthain

Banned
If Pikmin taught us anything. The Earth has a Day that lasts just 6 hours (an hour of game time) and the Humans disappeared without a Trace.

As for the Moon Landings being faked. Speed up the footage to double to see the real speed that was done on Earth (in the Nevada Desert to be exact).
In case anyone is just joining us on our journey of enlightenment, start here.

Basic bitchness is no excuse, learn the arguments for and against the conspiracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom