• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More AAA VR exclusives in 6 months than combined history

Romulus

In a 6 month window, VR has:

Asgard's Wrath(GoTY for me)
Half Life Alyx
Iron Man
Stormland
The Walking Dead Saints and Sinners

That's more VR AAA games that its entire history, combined. And 2020 looks very bright, another Valve game, Metal of Honor, Lone Echo 2 etc.

That's not counting all the VR ports and AA games in between like Boneworks. AA games were always VR's bread and butter imo, but for the first time AAA are coming on strong.

Yup. It's only going to get better as devs learn from each other's mistakes and the community continues to grow. Hopefully with so many big titles stepping out it will help set standards for movement and gameplay that VR gaming sorely lacks right now. I love all the experimentation but it sucks having to constantly readjust to weird control schemes and simple things like what settings a VR game should implement and have available out of the box.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
In a 6 month window, VR has:

Asgard's Wrath(GoTY for me)
Half Life Alyx
Iron Man
Stormland
The Walking Dead Saints and Sinners

That's more VR AAA games that its entire history, combined. And 2020 looks very bright, another Valve game, Metal of Honor, Lone Echo 2 etc.

That's not counting all the VR ports and AA games in between like Boneworks. AA games were always VR's bread and butter imo, but for the first time AAA are coming on strong.

Please don't forget Vader Immortal. All 3 episodes is easily a AAA game and it was developed by ILM (who are the masters of their craft). My VR GOTY by far.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I wonder how many people have such-and-such VR game on their personal top 50 games of all time, let alone their top 10. :pie_thinking:

The technology is cool and I loved my time with PS VR. I'll likely re-buy when I get a Pro someday because I feel like the tech is finally "there" in terms of accessibility and easy of setup. Didn't get headaches, not even in games like RIGS (rip, awesome game). The list of titles grew tremendously since I sold my headset ~2 years ago.

McCheese

As hyperbolic as it sounds, an AA game does feel like a AAA game in VR.

Iron Man does not have the budget of an AAA game, but from the demo I played a while ago, it offers a more exhilarating experience than the biggest budget flatscreen action game.

Grinchy

Banned
Asgard's Wrath looks so awesome.

I'm hoping that on PS5 we get all the PCVR games that the PS4 couldn't run. Even in the PSVR1 headset and with the crappier motion tracking, it would still be great. I think there's a big audience of us that just don't want to get into the extreme expense of a proper PCVR setup yet.

I wonder how many people have such-and-such VR game on their personal top 50 games of all time, let alone their top 10. :pie_thinking:

The technology is cool and I loved my time with PS VR. I'll likely re-buy when I get a Pro someday because I feel like the tech is finally "there" in terms of accessibility and easy of setup. Didn't get headaches, not even in games like RIGS (rip, awesome game). The list of titles grew tremendously since I sold my headset ~2 years ago.
Nintendo didn’t have GOATs In its infancy either. People could barely say the same thing when it came out.Why would that be any different for VR? But Pavlov would be in my top 50.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Nintendo didn’t have GOATs In its infancy either. People could barely say the same thing when it came out.Why would that be any different for VR? But Pavlov would be in my top 50.
Well it was an open question, I wasn't implying that no one had VR games in their top 10 / top 50. I don't think I'd personally put any VR games in my top 50, but games like Rez, Superhypercube, and RIGS were amazing and made my PS VR purchase well worth it (even though I sold it about a year later).

I'm interested to watch how the market further develops. It's a legitimate fork of the gaming hobby. Props to companies like Sony and Valve and all the devs for keeping the VR market alive with their persistence.

Top Bottom