• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More FOBs coming to The Phantom Pain at a date "yet to be fixed" (?)

Fractal

Banned
You bought the large coin pack without doing any research whatsoever?

Nice.
The OP is not to blame here... I'm aware of the general GAF sentiment in regards to microtransactions and the like, but this is first and foremost an ugly move by Konami.

What sort of a corporate logic is there to sell an in-game currency pack which is impossible to spend?

Ratrat

I think microtransactions for this kind of stuff is a terrible practice and I was very disappointed that it made its way into the game. I dont see why I should pay money just to make my counters go up faster, they should make the process more engaging instead of just annoying you until you pay to make it go faster.

i bought the $10 pack
You monster/
demon.
I didnt even buy Ground Zeroes out of principal.

Ludens

Banned
Say no to megatransactions, OP.

Those megatransactions are really stupid and useless, anyway. I completed TPP by levelling up my MB, one FOB was enough and I still need to develop it, but it's useless anyway now, since I completed the game. I wonder how and why someone should buy those FOBS.
I think they also look all the same, so there's really no reason to spend almost 20€ on a virtual base.

zychi

Banned
.... how does blaming the victim justify what Konami continues to have on sale?

We found out that OP is one of the 1000s of people who pay to win in retail games and that hes also one of the 1000s who buy dlc before anything is announced or released.

I'm a MG whore and even I think FOB coins are dumb.

Phionoxx

Do we have any idea what else is coming as part of the FOB updates on Oct 6th? Hope they rebalance the mode a bit. It is skewed so heavily in favor of defenders now.

Dahbomb

theycan'tkeepgettingawaywiththis.gif
iPydduaC5I5sr.gif

Alo0oy

Banned
We found out that OP is one of the 1000s of people who pay to win in retail games and that hes also one of the 1000s who buy dlc before anything is announced or released.

I'm a MG whore and even I think FOB coins are dumb.

What? You don't actually win anything when you buy them!

Top Bottom