• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More new Titanfall modes planned, but Respawn needs to "move on and do other things"

mocoworm

I have loved the Titanfall DLC. I really feel that Respawn have done a great job with post release patches, maps, modes etc.

http://www.totalxbox.com/80642/more-new-titanfall-modes-planned-but-respawn-needs-to-move-on-and-do-other-things/

Titanfall will receive another DLC map pack, IMC Rising, later this autumn, and Respawn plans to add more new modes and "cool stuff" to the game as free Xbox Live updates. The developer won't support the game indefinitely, however - past a "certain point", it'll need to reallocate resources to unannounced projects.

"Alongside the paid DLC maps we have been doing free content updates, with the next one being on I think the 6th?" the developer's community manager Abbie Heppe told OXM at Gamescom. "So we do have some plans to release some more free content, we've got some cool new modes on the way. But at a certain point, we are going to have to wind down so that we can move on and do other things."

"Because we've done a lot of post launch [support], I mean - six months of updates plus, and that includes Titan Burn Cards, the Insignias for Titans, the Black Market as well as all the normal hotfixes and weapon tweaks and stuff like that, so yeah, at a certain point we've got to give some people a break and then think about where we go next."

Respawn and EA have already committed to the creation of "new Titanfall experiences" - it's not clear whether this refers to a new game, more DLC or a spin-off experience in the Titanfall universe, such as Playfight's short film series. The developer also appears to be working on a new third-person action game, with input from former God of War developer Stig Asmussen.

Titanfall will never be entirely abandoned, of course. "Obviously, if there's anything that totally breaks then yeah, we'll absolutely fix that," said Heppe. "But we're going to have to wind down and then move on. But we still have some cool stuff in the works before that happens."

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I think they have enough bonus content for the PS4 definitive addition. ;)

Xater

Well the sequel better has content fits the price tag or they should sell it at a reduced price like Garden Warfare.

I think they have enough bonus content for the PS4 definitive addition. ;)

For some reason I wouldn't be surprised if this happened even though it's exclusive. Things change. Mass Effect is a good example, right?

Edit: By example I mean exclusive game going to another console. Unless PS4 only gets a sequel.

Marcel

if there's anything that totally breaks then yeah, we'll absolutely fix that," said Heppe. "But we're going to have to wind down and then move on

Yep, they want to get that Titanfall 2 on other systems ASAP.

KPJZKC

That season pass suuuuure was a mistake.

Such a mistake that I will never actually have played on a single one of the maps I bought.

The developer also appears to be working on a new third-person action game, with input from former God of War developer Stig Asmussen.
Is this just speculation or is there any actual evidence of this?

Alx

Titanfall 2 needs to happen asap on PS4/XB1/PC. The game lost all buzz.

Most of the buzz happens before release nowadays, even when people keep playing the game the publishers already switch to the next big thing. It's telling a lot that some people are still complaining about lack of content/support for the game when Respawn did provide both free and paid content in the first 6 months of the game. Once you don't do the headlines any more, most people consider you're dead.

I guess that resolution upgrade for Xbone is not gonna happen after all.

This upsets me quite a bit. If it wasn't a sure thing they should never have mentioned it. Still, the game has received great post-launch support, especially considering the size of a team like Respawn.

KPJZKC

Maps have been fun...don't really understand your issue

Why not? All the new maps are really good and the 'marked for death' gamemode is also great.

PC?

I've played them a lot on the X1.

^ This right here.

I'm on PC, and I have not been able to find a single game on the new maps. That's my issue. I can't play them.

I did, however, manage to play ONE game of Marked For Death.

Damn, I thought maybe they'd actually finish developing the full package. I guess without the audience there it doesn't make sense. Maybe they'll wake up and realize that next time they should probably finish the game before shipping it to keep people interested.

ClearData

Since the content of Titanfall is tied to multiplayer maps could all of it be included in Titanfall 2? If it makes its way to Playstation that would be a neat way to catch up I think.

"appears" so speculation.
I guess. If I said something 'appeared' to be the case I'd usually have something to back that up with though.

Anyway I'm all for this, the sooner they stop work on Titanfall the sooner I can get something potentially more interesting.

antigoon

I still regret buying this game. I've never gone so quickly from "WOW AMAZING" to "OK this is actually not that fun or interesting or challenging after all." Took about four days.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
MS and EA probably wanted the game out ASAP, and it already didn't make it for the Xbone launch. The pressure to get it out was obviously there. At the same time it's obvious while the core game was fun it needed more work for tweaks, modes, and maps. A lot of the post launch support just made it feel like it was getting OG game up to par.

Problem is Respawn can't sit there on this issue. At some point they have to cut bait and move on. Sucks for Respawn though as while most will be okay with it I imagine there will be some backlash.

Nori Chan

It's a shame, but we all knew it was going to happen soon. Hopefully this last update is something memorable. Maybe a 4th titan?

I still regret buying this game. I've never gone so quickly from "WOW AMAZING" to "OK this is actually not that fun or interesting or challenging after all." Took about four days.

I didn't even regen. I went from "this is terrific" to "maybe i'll play something else" in a span of about 48 hours.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Same here,I think I got my fill of the game during the beta.

mocoworm

I didn't even regen. I went from "this is terrific" to "maybe i'll play something else" in a span of about 48 hours.

It's crazy how much opinions differ. I love this game. Play it most nights. Granted, I am trying to get all the achievements and I only have a few left to get... that has spurred me on maybe to a degree, but I still think it's really good fun and can see me playing it even after I have the 1400gs.

spannicus

Titanfall is the shit been playin alot lately. Wish they had the ability to jack titans and call in air strikes though.

Alx

It's a shame, but we all knew it was going to happen soon. Hopefully this last update is something memorable. Maybe a 4th titan?

I don't think I'd really care about a new titan, I already only use one type. Creative game modes would be more interesting (I liked Marked for Death a lot, even if I still mostly play Attrition).

I don't think I'd really care about a new titan, I already only use one type. Creative game modes would be more interesting (I liked Marked for Death a lot, even if I still mostly play Attrition).
Would really love a king of the hill mode. A "the floor is lava" mode would also be fun times.

This game is still awesome. I can't wait for the next. All they need is a new engine more weapons and game modes. They have a solid foundation to build on.

Alx

A map with no street level? Like a Venice type of thing? Wall running and rooftops only. Great idea.

Yep, I also liked that part in the latest Call of Duty videos where players were fighting on a beach and huge waves would drown the floor level from time to time. Something like that, or lava slowly rising and limiting the playable area... It would be fun for pilots, but would make it hard to play with titans, though.

Top Bottom