• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More new Titanfall modes planned, but Respawn needs to "move on and do other things"

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
It's kind of crazy to think that this game released on what, February, and already there's a sense it's being put out to pasture? A real shame as the game is a blast to play.

Guess they're hammering away at Titanfall 2, which hopefully runs on a different engine.

It's kind of crazy to think that this game released on what, February, and already there's a sense it's being put out to pasture? A real shame as the game is a blast to play.

Guess they're hammering away at Titanfall 2, which hopefully runs on a different engine.
The game is still going to be played. Its just that the developers aren't going to release more dlc.

Like actually fixing the PC SKU to make it run well and support multi-GPU correctly?

Seriously, this game has 0 texture streaming. 0

That is a god dam joke.

Oh man, this thread...

I definitely think making it cross-gen hurt it's ambitions. A game like Titanfall screams for massive destructibility, and you have to admit parts of it looked janky and horrible:

yvNISPE.jpg

PC version with "Insane" textures.

A new game built from the ground-up with current-gen in mind would be nice to see from this team.

Krakn3Dfx

Think Titanfall would have gotten a lot more play if it had a good sized single player campaign and a lot more content in the base game. As it is, it did not justify itself as a $60 title out of the gate.

Hopefully if/when they make a sequel, they take that into consideration.

I guess that resolution upgrade for Xbone is not gonna happen after all.

I would not make that assumption. They just got that SDK update a couple months ago, and the last patch made some improvements to framerate and screen tearing. Respawn also made a point of saying more improvements would be coming. I don't think they would have made a point of saying that if they weren't going to deliver something.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Jacking Titans would be incredible. I don't know how you would do this though. Maybe by a burn card?

They could do what MechAssault 2 did. As a pilot you jump onto the mech and begin the hack, both players get a series of button prompts with points being assigned to each player (who pressed it fastest / who pressed the wrong button) and then the outcome is either a jacked mech or a pilot falling to the ground left in a vulnerable state.

RAOGUec.gif

spannicus

They could do what MechAssault 2 did. As a pilot you jump onto the mech and begin the hack, both players get a series of button prompts with points being assigned to each player (who pressed it fastest / who pressed the wrong button) and then the outcome is either a jacked mech or a pilot falling to the ground left in a vulnerable state.

RAOGUec.gif
Was thinking the same hack the bitch

Think Titanfall would have gotten a lot more play if it had a good sized single player campaign and a lot more content in the base game. As it is, it did not justify itself as a $60 title out of the gate.

Hopefully if/when they make a sequel, they take that into consideration.
They have to if they want to go head to head with the big boys. They're really limiting their target audience if TF2 is another full-priced online only, competitive MP only game.

I wonder whether they have any plans for a single-player campaign in Titanfall 2? I have not played the game but I've read a lot of people saying that the 'multiplayer campaign' didn't work and I wonder whether they'll tweak the idea, abandon it or go for a traditional single-player campaign.

That is understandable.

What is more concerning is how long is EA planning to keep the servers up?

Can we honestly say this game will be playable 2 years from now?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder whether they have any plans for a single-player campaign in Titanfall 2? I have not played the game but I've read a lot of people saying that the 'multiplayer campaign' didn't work and I wonder whether they'll tweak the idea, abandon it or go for a traditional single-player campaign.

The setting with the mechs and stuff is neat. I like how the game feels, so a well constructed single player campaign would certainly have me interested in a sequel.

mcrommert

Banned
Seriously though...where is the graphics upgrade on xbox one that they promised...900 or 1080p? I hope that hasn't fallen off their radar

I really want Titanfall 2. Please be out by next winter

Sucks for the players now this game is seeming being abandoned by and large

I still regret buying this game. I've never gone so quickly from "WOW AMAZING" to "OK this is actually not that fun or interesting or challenging after all." Took about four days.

I feel the same way. I really enjoyed it the first few days but my enjoyment fell off so much quicker than I would've thought

Jomjom

Banned
MS would be smart to buy the IP right now. Respawn is obviously working on TF2 and i feel like the next one will be huge.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
MS would be smart to buy the IP right now. Respawn is obviously working on TF2 and i feel like the next one will be huge.
It could work for them but I doubt they will, would Respawn even go for it?

The Cowboy

I still regret buying this game. I've never gone so quickly from "WOW AMAZING" to "OK this is actually not that fun or interesting or challenging after all." Took about four days.
Same here, i was all over the beta and was playing it non stop, and i was hyping it up to anyone/everyone. Then when the game released (and Respawn started messing with the modes i liked) my WOW factor took a major nosedive, never have i gone from one extreme to the other so quickly (from loving a game to really not wanting to play it at all) - perhaps i just gorged myself to much on the beta.

When i think back to how hyped i was for this, it just amazes me.
---
I think its great they are planning more modes, but i recon after all the DLC is done (say a month after), they should add it all to the main game for free so the community is no longer split up to maximise the player counts on all modes.

RobbieNick

I'm not seeing where I should be outraged or anything here. They promised 3 multiplayer map packs and are delivering on that. The updates to the game have been great and I love collecting money for burn card packs. They have to eventually move on to Titanfall 2 so...where is the problem exactly?

I see them making some very big changes to Titanfall for the sequel. The game isn't anywhere near strong enough for them to just make another one of the same game like COD does.

LonDonE

Neo Member
The tearing bugs me more. It's quite bad a lot of the time. Still love the game though.

Agreed the near constant screen tearing whenever i pan the camera is annoying to say the least!! this game should of never been released in the state which it was.
The game mechanics and concept are rock solid and i think a sequel will solidify the franchise as one of the greats as long as they include a decent single player and allot more content like more game modes, custom titans more unique weapons, and a bot mode and a bot less and titan less mode.

Top Bottom