• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More PS4 Games to be announced at Gamescom

Issun23

It is up there with HL3.

When it returns again, all the cynicism will drain away and we'll all be excited for it.

Isn't CAMP, just an opportunity for graduates to come and put their game design/programming skills to test? Which is to say CAMP comes up with more than one project at a time.

I thought Crispy's was the main developer behind Tokyo Jungle.

CAMP is a program to scout for talented designers, and SCEJ helps them realize their ideas into games. Tokyo Jungle and MyStylist were both concepts presented to PS CAMP and developed into games. Crispy's as a company is the result of a CAMP's scouting and SCEJ's assistance.

PS Camp isn't a development studio.

I meant that the latest concept to come from PlayStation CAMP after Tokyo Jungle is Rain.

According to this, it looks like Guerilla Games are going to unveil the KZ: SF multiplayer at Gamescom.

"As far as the multiplayer goes, nothing was introduced or talked about in terms of the multiplayer details. However, the developer did tell me that the multiplayer is an immense component for Killzone: Shadow Fall with many new features and surprises that will be introduced at Gamescom on August 21st."

http://gamingbolt.com/killzone-shadow-fall-preview-a-solid-shooter-with-a-new-paint

velociraptor

According to this, it looks like Guerilla Games are going to unveil the KZ: SF multiplayer at Gamescom.

"As far as the multiplayer goes, nothing was introduced or talked about in terms of the multiplayer details. However, the developer did tell me that the multiplayer is an immense component for Killzone: Shadow Fall with many new features and surprises that will be introduced at Gamescom on August 21st."

http://gamingbolt.com/killzone-shadow-fall-preview-a-solid-shooter-with-a-new-paint
Brilliant.

KZ2 multiplayer was glorious.

Let us hope the franchise returns to its old ways.

RoKKeR

I need to see more Order 1886 first.

Yes, I am amped on that game even without knowing much about it. The concept, the history, even the fucking name is brilliant. I hope it delivers.

Really interested to see what they have in store for KZ: SF's multiplayer.

I wish I could start a separate thread about this but I'll toss it in here since it's related to PS4 and games.

What do you guys think about the six axis motion control aspects of the Dual Shock 4? It seems as though the DS4 brings the touchpad innovation to the table and people have talked about that. But did any games use the motion controls much in the DS3? (I didn't play many PS3 games this gen even though I own one). Will this be important at all next gen?

Any cool motion control stuff coming our way or is this just a waste of money on Sony's part, in your opinion?

Vibranium

Banned
I need to see more Order 1886 first.

Oh yeah, I'm super excited about what RAD have in store since I love anything steampunk, I just hope there's a tactical element of some fashion in the gameplay. If some of the enemies do end up being werewolves that's an automatic plus in my book.

ReaperXL7

IS there any hope for a revival of an older Sony franchise, like Colony Wars?

Might not mean anything, but Shahid was talking about Alundra (the PS1 classic is already on the store) so if they are planning a revival for that then anything could be possible.

fixuis

Nah, forget it.
Warhawk is done.

To each their own i guess.. For me, Warhawk is god tier and is one of the best mp experiences this gen along with kz2 mp and mag. Even Starhawk is amazing fun and also widely played. Once you get used to the build elements it's a game changer.

So badly want to see a Nex gen warhawk/Starhawk along with kz2 style mp in shadow fall, heck even have high hopes for kz for vita mp..wanna see some great vita games as well..

Last but not least, MAG. Imagine all that fun chaos and intense 256 player battles with Nex gen gfx and gameplay along with better social integration and command structure. Droooool..

Bundy

Banned
To each their own i guess.. For me, Warhawk is god tier and is one of the best mp experiences this gen along with kz2 mp and mag. Even Starhawk is amazing fun and also widely played. Once you get used to the build elements it's a game changer.

So badly want to see a Nex gen warhawk/Starhawk along with kz2 style mp in shadow fall, heck even have high hopes for kz for vita mp..wanna see some great vita games as well..

Last but not least, MAG. Imagine all that fun chaos and intense 256 player battles with Nex gen gfx and gameplay along with better social integration and command structure. Droooool..
Don't get me wrong: I love Warhawk (the PS1 game) and Warhawk PS3 was great (one of the few online-games I've played / but I was really angry when they canceled the single-player mode) but the IP is done yet.
Starhawk sucked horrible! I've bought it day 1. First game in the last 10 years which I could not finish. So bad was it. It bombed hard.
So right now SCE is looking at new IP's and old/successful IP's, which could get a sequel.

Don't get me wrong: I love Warhawk (the PS1 game) and Warhawk PS3 was great (one of the few online-games I've played / but I was really angry when they canceled the single-player mode) but the IP is done yet.
Starhawk sucked horrible! I've bought it day 1. First game in the last 10 years which I could not finish. So bad was it. It bombed hard.
So right now SCE is looking at new IP's and old/successful IP's, which could get a sequel.

If anything KZ:SF shows that Sony is more than willing to forgive a slight misstep in one of its well known IPs. Warhawk was successful for Sony and likely very profitable especially with the expansions. Doesn't matter that Starhawk failed, Sony is the of publisher to give a franchise with real potential a second chance. It's not "done", just because you say so. Its a franchise with promise and I would certainly bet money on Sony making it see a comeback.

Top Bottom