• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More than 3500 patterns submitted for MGS3 camoflage campaign. Was any of them yours?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Now that the applications are no longer accepted, I guess there's no damage in posting your pattern(s) for everyone to see. I'll post some I've made as soon as I get hold of them, in a couple of hours.

*edit*

OK, as promised, here are some that I've sent. I didn't try to make them very useful - I cannot possibly predict what kind of environment textures will be in the game, so it would be very difficult to make something of that kind. Instead, I've tried to make a bunch of interesting looking ones that just look cool, as that was something they said would be accepted.

*edit again*
Damn, everyone on the IGN board seems absolutely convinced that your pattern gets disqualified if it's posted on the internet. I don't know where they've got that idea, but I'll remove them just to be on the safe side :\

Socreges

Banned
Learning a language is a long process. I'm just glad I could contribute.

Seriously, though, I would have never guessed.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
OK, pictures posted.

Learning a language is a long process. I'm just glad I could contribute.

Seriously, though, I would have never guessed.
The thing is, when I post on forums, I can't really bother to re-read the stuff I wrote, to catch the mistakes. I'm much more careful with business correspondence, though :p

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
The autumn leaves one is now my wallpaper.

I wish IKEA sold bookshelves with that pattern.

These are my patterns that i sent to Konami
i am not that good at Photoshop so they look terrible.

EDIT : removed my cammo patterns from this thread, dont want to get Disqualified from the cammo competition. as someone told me i could by posting the cammo patterns

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Robertsan21 I suggest trying to blend the Russian symbol into the the rest of the texture. It doesn't have to be dramatic, even adding light lines to it to simulate a continued pattern would help out. Right now it's a bit too jarring and not realistic for a cloth texture if it doesn't match. If you were thinking that symbol were some sort of stitch-on like a peice of fabric then adding seams might make it seem more realistic.

It's an extremely good idea and works perfectly for the timeperiod/enviroment in which the game plays out. I would be suprised if it weren't included in the game.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Dude. I love your stuff. The one with the snakes over it is very impressive. I'd love to show my effort but I can't find it :(

TekunoRobby said:
Robertsan21 I suggest trying to blend the Russian symbol into the the rest of the texture. It doesn't have to be dramatic, even adding light lines to it to simulate a continued pattern would help out. Right now it's a bit too jarring and not realistic for a cloth texture if it doesn't match. If you were thinking that symbol were some sort of stitch-on like a peice of fabric then adding seams might make it seem more realistic.

It's an extremely good idea and works perfectly for the timeperiod/enviroment in which the game plays out. I would be suprised if it weren't included in the game.

yeah i know i did a couple of diffrent ones, but i ended up with this one as my final design that i liked to most.

i used snake skin as a bakground to symbolise Solid snake"big boss" and red and the sickel and hammer to symbolise russia, then i added the cammo colors.
but i cant send in a new cammo pattern to konami as the competition is closed :(

Riz III thanks

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
wow, impressive works Marc. I'm sure we'll we see a couple of them in MGS3.
The sad part is that they will select a total of three patterns (of all the designs sent to them) and those will make it into the game :\ Perhaps later on they will offer some of those left aside for download, but for now it's three only.

Btw, sorry for not making the 'Drunken Duck' design. I honestly couldn't figure out how to make a duck look drunk :p

The autumn leaves one is now my wallpaper.
I wish IKEA sold bookshelves with that pattern.
Hmmm, it probably would look nice :)

removed my cammo patterns from this thread, dont want to get Disqualified from the cammo competition. as someone told me i could by posting the cammo patterns
Hmmm, the competition is closed, and I don't remember reading any rule that said any such thing. Does anyone think posting them here might be compromising, and why? Anyways, your patters are really nice. Don't worry too much about technical execution, that's not something they will look into too much when selecting - they've been pretty clear about it. Btw, at one point on Konami's website, there was a picture of Snake dressed into half american/half russian flag (with sickle and all) - not a real pattern, just artist's representation - so I'd say you are on a right train of thought with that one :)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I've used Illustrator for pretty much all of them, except for the one that looks like photographic rendering of snake skin, which is done in Photoshop. I didn't use any special software to make the patterns repeat, it's all done manually, (with some planning in advance)

I will be pissed if thier is not Pikmin design.
I doubt they can allow Nintendo trademarked characters into the game :)

Top Bottom