• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More ways for World of Warcraft to extract money

painey

F049.jpg

saw these on ebay

usea

I hate to break it to you, but many Blizzard games have associated figurines. Not to mention novels etc. This is not new, and people apparently actually buy them. It's hardly extracting money.

Derps

Banned
I'm surprised there isn't some form of cash shop by now

God I hate Blizzard and the millions of dollars they're swimming in

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
DC Direct is sculpting these figs which means, without a doubt, they will be awesome.

Blizzard should just buy an island and establish a country or something...

EMBee99 said:
DC Direct is sculpting these figs which means, without a doubt, they will be awesome.

Blizzard should just buy an island and establish a country or something...

I think they own Irvine now. When I got pulled over by a cop, I waved my hand and said, "It's okay - For the Horde!" and they let me pass.

I wouldn't tell them you are Alliance though... they'll drop you off on Skid Row.

Takuan

Wow, the Orc Shaman and Draenei Paladin look furkin' sweet! I have a Troll Priest figure and the details are decent for something mass produced. If they're not too expensive, I'll buy these. I want to see a figure with Tier 4 Warrior armor, though.

Fusebox

Banned
Huh? A series of figurines based n the different classes came out when the game was first released. Any backlash against a second, newer range of characters is just retarded.

Fusebox

Banned
Since when did figurines and fan-service become "stupid shit" around here?? I've always loved figurines of my favourite game characters and I dont understand the hate - please explain?

Zynx said:
Not only will fans of the game be offered the opportunity to buy the TCG in addition to their subscriptions and expansions, but now there's toys too: http://www.gameinformer.com/NR/exeres/DEE6C4AA-EC52-46C9-9F80-40450C71AF84.htm

Ummm....exactly WTF are you bitching about?

I didn't renew WoW after the trial month because I didn't feel like I needed the timesink, but how exactly is Blizzard "extracting" money from their userbase by offering *completely* optional products that they can give or take based on the quality and value of said products? U R dummmmmb.

Borys

Banned
Biggest :lol @ the Blizzard haters in this thread.

As for the figures - ****ing awesome, but that's nothing new when it comes to Blizzard stuff.

Zeed

Banned
Markster said:
Most non-functional axe ever?

Seriously, it looks better for kneading dough than hacking people.
So uh, I take it you've never played the game?

Because that's not an axe.

FoxSpirit

Suburban Cowboy said:
dont need to play the game to know its a mace.

Well, not exactly my sentiments but yeah, it's a bladed mace... though that kinda defeats the real life advantages of a mace... o_O

Top Bottom