• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More white people being killed by cops somehow isn't an issue for ALM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzom21

Deflection tactic aka, focus on things that include white people too.
Yep, it's one of those "everyone is treated the same" bullshit posts. Par for course with SillyEskimo.
I imagine the people who think 'socioeconomic status' is the real problem would probably stop caring all together if the lower class was exclusively occupied by black people.

Yup, sounds like SillyEskimo to me.

It's because anyone who is killed by a cop probably deserved it in their mind. But yes, seeing people bring up "But cops also kill a bunch of white people so it's not a problem!" As a counterargument is baffling.

Infinite

Well if a person isn't complying, cops do have the right to bring them in by force... Of course that doesn't mean they should beat someone up like that Houston cop in the other thread. I don't know if there are any rules on how long a cop should try to get someone to comply by verbal coaxing until using physical force.

And again, you could be the world's most charismatic and charming cop, there's still going to be people who talk back and won't comply, no matter what words you string together. While UK cops receive more and better training than US cops, I don't think they're that much better at non-violent conflict resolution than US cops. The prevalence of guns is imo, what makes for the difference between UK and US police shootings. A society that's in a constant Mexican standoff is a dysfunctional society.

Yeah cops shouldn't be able to, for example, body slam a person who's unruly or noncompliant and they definitely shouldn't be able to use weapons on that same person. I get 'roughing" someone up that they have to turn in or arrest who's ultimately being non compliant with that process but cops should measure when the use of force is appropriate for different situations. Too many times you hear about cops body slamming a man and paralyzing because they happen to be in the wrong neighborhood or cops tackling a man minding his own business because he "fit the description" only to be later found as not that person.

The fact of the matter is cops are going to have to deal with people who don't like them and have attitudes with them and that's their fault not society's. Revenue based policing broke the trust between the citizen and the police. Every time an officer stops me for something I'm thinking "omg what this mother fucker is gonna try to write me a ticket for today?!" and it really shouldn't be that way. Unfortunately that's how it is for now and that means people are gonna not be happy when dealing with casual non criminal interactions with officers. People are gonna have attitudes and be belligerent because they know the cop is probably trying to "hustle" them and there isn't anything they can do except show up to the court date. So officers shouldn't be walking around slapping the shit out of every person who "talks back" to them. I don't expect them to be conflict resolution masters but they shouldn't escalate a situation with force if it doesn't call for it. If you cant agree with that at least there isn't anything more we can discuss.

Yep, it's one of those "everyone is treated the same" bullshit posts. Par for course with SillyEskimo.

Yup, sounds like SillyEskimo to me.
Had some white folk saying that the rich are manipulating the masses and keeping people divided so we can fight amongst ourselves while they fuck the world. I agreed but the rich don't make people do anything, they just take advantage of what was already there. Ol' "racism is just illusion, we are all people" headass.

"All Lives Matter!" = "Shut Up Niggers!"
White people are more concerned with what's taboo instead of what's right morally, so they go through all this effort to hide what they do(Same white guy that called me an "oreo" and said a friend of mine was guerilla and would catch aids aaaannnnd had the FBI at his house because he made threats against Obama on Facebook would have a freaking meltdown when whenever someone called him racist. It was amazing.) Which is fucking dumb because they aren't fooling anybody, just come out fam.

Yeah cops shouldn't be able to, for example, body slam a person who's unruly or noncompliant and they definitely shouldn't be able to use weapons on that same person. I get 'roughing" someone up that they have to turn in or arrest who's ultimately being non compliant with that process but cops should measure when the use of force is appropriate for different situations. Too many times you hear about cops body slamming a man and paralyzing because they happen to be in the wrong neighborhood or cops tackling a man minding his own business because he "fit the description" only to be later found as not that person.

The fact of the matter is cops are going to have to deal with people who don't like them and have attitudes with them and that's their fault not society's. Revenue based policing broke the trust between the citizen and the police. Every time an officer stops me for something I'm thinking "omg what this mother fucker is gonna try to write me a ticket for today?!" and it really shouldn't be that way. Unfortunately that's how it is for now and that means people are gonna not be happy when dealing with casual non criminal interactions with officers. People are gonna have attitudes and be belligerent because they know the cop is probably trying to "hustle" them and there isn't anything they can do except show up to the court date. So officers shouldn't be walking around slapping the shit out of every person who "talks back" to them. I don't expect them to be conflict resolution masters but they shouldn't escalate a situation with force if it doesn't call for it. If you cant agree with that at least there isn't anything more we can discuss.

Bingo. "Protect and serve" my ass.

The problem is you are thinking ALM is about issues or making a moral stand. Its just pushback against BLM. Thats it. Thats its entire reason for existing. No one who uses the phrase ALM is an activist pushing for social change for black or White people. Its a reaction to real activism.

USC-fan

Banned
Do we have stats of the sex of the people shoot?

I wouldn't be shocked if it's 90%+ male.

edit: found a chart.

Screen-Shot-2016-01-20-at-12.20.18-PM.png

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/where-police-have-killed-americans-in-2015/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom