• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 1 Players Aren't Happy With "Predatory" Premium Store DLC

diffusionx

Gold Member
All this stuff used to be in the krypt. Yea, they charged for characters, but you got a LOT of unlocks and it was a core part of the gameplay. When NRS said they were getting rid of the krypt and replacing it with "something else", it was obvious what that was going to be: having to pay for all that stuff! It should have been a massive red flag.

Kusarigama

None of the main stream media has back bone to ask such hard hitting questions but atleast independent influencers and youtubers should have asked Ed Boon or the NRS staff about these scrummy practices. There's no justifying the fact that premium currency exists in a full retail priced game with already announced fighter packs. Yet they always ask how do you come up with fatalities and same old questions.

Scummy practices in fighting games is unfortunately normal business and even embraced now. I think $10 for a character is expensive especially considering a $60 to $70 fighting game will usually have a plethora of characters from the start.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Always loved MK, but just got tired of the dlc crap. Maybe when ultimate comes out and on a deep sale I'll get it or when it comes to gamepass.

supernova8

Banned
Do you or others who complain, ever worry if you’re missing out on a ton of legitimately fun, issue free modern games because you’re too busy laser focused on the negative ones?
I know it's a thankless job but someone has to do it ;)
dwayne johnson youre welcome GIF

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
This is what happens when people keep saying "this doesn't affect me" or "I don't mind this", the company take the opportunity and woop the shit out with this practices to the point theres no longer return.
Or the phrase, it's my money and I can do whatever I want.

Or simply the streamers, because they have followers, do these practices.

geary

Stop with the reddit post speak for all the players bullshit. Every reddit post is taken as gospel and the one and only truth.

RAIDEN1

Talking about Predatory, they should have included a Yautja in the game, would seamlessly blend with Outworld, especially when you have characters like Baraka...having the Predator would have been kick-ass!

I'd pay $10 each for some of those klassic lewd sexy outfits from the old games (they'd look awesome on the modern character models), but then again, by including them, that would violate Mortal Kombat's current adherence to high moral standards and ethical code of conduct adhering to "modern audiences."

Top Bottom