• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 1 Secretly Eating Up PC Storage With 1GB Crash Reports

Draugoth

Gold Member
Mortal Kombat 1 launched just a few weeks ago, and while its reception was largely positive, it’s definitely hit a few bumps in the road. For one, the Switch version of the game is a joke. As if that wasn’t bad enough, PC users have discovered that Mortal Kombat 1 crash reports are taking up huge amounts of storage on their drives.

As spotted by Twitter user @X_AZEEZ3, whenever Mortal Kombat 1 crashes on PC, it automatically generates a crash report. This on its own is not a terrible feature, since it can help players figure out why their game won’t work.

However, these crash reports are apparently taking up a gigabyte a piece. What’s more, these crash reports are stored pretty deep into your system folders, so it’s likely you wouldn’t ever see them if you didn’t know what you were looking for.

Everytime MK1 crashes on PC, it creates a report automatically, and stores 1GB of space for each report LOL.

mortal-kombat-1-crash-reports-a.jpg
mortal-kombat-1-crash-reports-c.jpg

poodaddy

Damn man, this game obviously came in way too hot. Shame, I love Mortal Kombat, but I opted out of this one as it just seemed to soon after 11.

Seems like I made a smart decision, hopefully in a year or two when I pick it up on sale all this stuff will be worked out.

Top Bottom