• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 11 female characters were purposely made less sexual according to NetherRealms.

Iorv3th

I really can’t believe this thread has made it to this many comments over women not wearing sexy lingerie in a video game. The dudes are beefy but they’re not in their under wear.

I can 't believe you didn't even bother to read any of the comments and came to that conclusion on your own before you even clicked the thread.

Lokimaru

They should lose XP on cold weather arenas
I think I saw classic Sonya costume. But it was so shy to show itself. So afraid of being exposed.

Qkmj1VG.jpg

Maybe you can pull a costume like that but only through god-knows how many levels of customization.
How in the hell did they make Sonya look Worse then her Live Action self?
maxresdefault.jpg

That's a real person and the CGI doesn't do her justice. Hell This Guy was able to nail both MK1 and MK3 Sonya in CGI and have them still be sexy yet remaining tasteful. He perfectly captures Elizabeth Malecki and Kerry Hoskins versions of Sonya Blade.
sonya_blade_by_zabzarock_dcut7an-pre.jpg
sonya_blade___mk3_by_zabzarock_dcux9uy-pre.jpg

lock2k

Banned
maxresdefault.jpg

That's a real person and the CGI doesn't do her justice. Hell This Guy was able to nail both MK1 and MK3 Sonya in CGI and have them still be sexy yet remaining tasteful. He perfectly captures Elizabeth Malecki and Kerry Hoskins versions of Sonya Blade.

NRS should hire this guy asap. it's a tragedy when fans/artists know and respect the source material more than the people of the company which created it. and it happens often nowadays. Pull a Sega and hire this dudes, you idiots (NRS)

Last edited:

Shmunter

NRS should hire this guy asap. it's a tragedy when fans/artists know and respect the source material more than the people of the company which created it. and it happens often nowadays. Pull a Sega and hire this dudes, you idiots (NRS)
Not realistic. Lacks camel toe.

Lokimaru

Lose the shoulderpads and the weird underboob-thingy and it would be a pretty decent design. NRS LOVES its layered metal-stuff... so silly :D
That thing would pinch. I could see if there main costume was armored since they are basically in a war rather then a Tournament but Why not give some fan service in the second or third costume choices? Something that's more casual or Tournament styled. Hell just some of the older costumes would be great cause....
mileena___mk_2011_by_zabzarock_dcux8b3-pre.jpg
Would.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

It's just stupid looking to me. Like this is the outfit a stripper would wear to look like the "sexy" version of Mileena. If this was an extra skin or something it'd be fine, but for the official costume, it's just ridiculous.

It's just stupid looking to me. Like this is the outfit a stripper would wear to look like the "sexy" version of Mileena. If this was an extra skin or something it'd be fine, but for the official costume, it's just ridiculous.
Hate to belabor the obvious, but Mileena is already the stripper version of Mileena.

FranXico

I thought this one was optional? Besides, the character herself is both deranged and provocative, it fits with Mileena.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
For a series whose mechanics have been clunky and shallow compared to peers since the very start of the franchise, relying almost entirely on visual glitz and eye-catching design choices, it seems very stupid to intentionally dull your own eye-candy.

Or at least the female eye-candy. Males still seem hyper-sexualized (using the same standards applied to the fictional women in the game).

Eiknarf

For a series whose mechanics have been clunky and shallow compared to peers since the very start of the franchise, relying almost entirely on visual glitz and eye-catching design choices, it seems very stupid to intentionally dull your own eye-candy.

Or at least the female eye-candy. Males still seem hyper-sexualized (using the same standards applied to the fictional women in the game).
That’s because guys don’t induce vomiting just to go down a dress size

spawn

I usually think to myself, could I play this in front of my wife and not look like a creepy pervert? If the answer is no, then I usually don't buy the game.
My wife already thinks video games are too violent and she doesn't like them anyway

Many of the MK1/2 stunters sued Midway for use of their image after they were ported to consoles. They all lost their cases.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
That’s because guys don’t induce vomiting just to go down a dress size

Who knew MK would be leading the FGC charge against bulimia? I love this idea that Mortal Fucking Kombat is aiming to right society's wrongs by putting some digital fabric on your blood soaked toy dolls.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
maxresdefault.jpg

It pains me to see what they've done to Sonya
1546214587988.gif

Kerry was the best

Nymphae

Banned
It's going to be a bit tough to not cave and get this, there is a ton of FGC hype for it and it's going to be a big player for a couple years at the very least. But between SFV and Samsho, and whatever else comes out this year, I have enough fighting game content to last me until next gen. I'll keep supporting the devs that not only make what they want, but also try to satisfy the longtime fans of their games.

demigod

Getting this with the B2G1 free, i might double dip for PC mods when it hits sub $20, i need my tigole bitties.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
What’s the likelihood that they’ll sell the costumes as fan service dlc later?

They already said they would not do it.

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/...-items-were-purposefully-de-sexualized/81034/

NetherRealm has confirmed that there will be no sexy, scantily-clad items for the females in Mortal Kombat 11. The female characters were purposefully de-sexualized, according to NetherRealm Studios.

Last edited:
Top Bottom