• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat [E3 2010]

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Draft said:
No, it needs:
16bkjra.gif

edit: How embarrassing.

lol indeed

Wow...I don't want to jinx it, but it really seems like MK is truly back this time.

Makes me sad that there won't be an arcade version, because this might be the first one that could really be played legitimately like that in something like 15 years.

I remember getting the N64 version of Trilogy and being pissed because I couldn't figure out how to unlock Goro, Kintoro and the classic versions of Raiden, Kano and Kung Lao. Than realized that they were only in the PSone version so I bought that version as well. The PSone version even had more levels. Many hours lost playing that game between the two different versions.

I hope they add 2 crazy sub bosses in this game. Kintoro was the best. Also in terms of storyline is this going to pick up after Armageddon?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Host Samurai said:
Also in terms of storyline is this going to pick up after Armageddon?

It's taking the Star Trek reboot route and using Time Travel to reset the whole universe.

I've heard a live demo of MK is about to be shown.

http://e3.gamespot.com/live.html

edit: yup, its MK! coming on shortly. They are getting set up right now.

edit2: its still coming, just have a break before boon and co start the demonstration

edit3: its over, they'll likely post it soon on their video section

DasRaven

Are these reported for download after they complete?
I want to watch this, but it doesn't seem to want to load... ever.

parasight

infinityBCRT said:
did Nightwolf just get kicked into the acid during the tag match? :lol

Yeah I noticed that; Mileena too. I guess since it's a tag match, you can just finish them into the stage fatality in the 3rd round.

Draft

Kung Lao holding up the two halfs = FUCKING AWESOME.

This game is blatantly pandering to my 13 year old self and I am totally cool with that.

Peff

Online mode sounded very nice. Quick 1vs1/2vs2 match, ability to play two people on a console versus two people on another console, rooms up to eight people with spectating and ratings...

Can anyone with a twitter account please spam Boon's letting him know how corny it is that Reptile has green blood. It just looks fucking stupid and seems childish in that *nerd child at recess voice*"because he has green skin and clothes, he has green blood. Get it? He's a lizard which are normally green and he bleeds green blood? I'm so clever".

Other than that, AMAZING!

Stitch

Gold Member
MoonsaultSlayer said:
Can anyone with a twitter account please spam Boon's letting him know how corny it is that Reptile has green blood. It just looks fucking stupid and seems childish in that *nerd child at recess voice*"because he has green skin and clothes, he has green blood. Get it? He's a lizard which are normally green and he bleeds green blood? I'm so clever".

are you new to mortal kombat?

Replicant said:
Don't tease me. Are you saying the MK movie soundtrack WILL BE in this game?
Would be pretty awesome if it was. It did conclude with the classic song though, and it got my blood pumping when it started naming the names :D

Replicant

abstract alien said:
Would be pretty awesome if it was. It did conclude with the classic song though, and it got my blood pumping when it started naming the names :D

Oh God, they should put the movie soundtrack for the menu screen and for the final boss battle. It'd be so EPIC.

Draft

MoonsaultSlayer said:

wtf. His blood is green.

Top Bottom