• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat [E3 2010]

fernoca

Replicant said:
So it is true that some men are more drawn to boobs than face. Because Mileena = classic butterface. I personally wouldn't touch her/it with 10 foot pole but more power to you guys.
Butterface?
She's a teethface... :D

Plus you wouldn't even touch Kitana with a 10 foot pole... :p

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Games have to be 120 FPS for 3D?! Man, fuck 3D. Lock in 60 FPS and go nuts on the image quality/graphics.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Lost Fragment said:
I'd hit it if she kept the mask on. Probably even if she didn't.

I'm more of a Kitana kind of guy
I like blowjobs, and having Mileena down there is downright scary. I don't even let goths with sharpened fangs go there.

G-Fex

Guys guys you're all getting ridiculous.

You're forgetting Sheeva. Four hands people.

And Sindel, controllable hair, eh eh?

wRATH2x

Banned
G-Fex said:
Guys guys you're all getting ridiculous.

You're forgetting Sheeva. Four hands people.

And Sindel, controllable hair, eh eh?
Yuck Sheeva bleh, I always hated her. She can be erased from ever existing for all I care.

As for Sindel, she might have some amazing BJ skills.

This game needs:

human_smoke.gif

Looks like there might be an exclusive Bombcast dedicated to Mortal Kombat discussion coming up soon. Hopefully it'll make up some for the lack of footage every where. I get the feeling they weren't allowing many people to record.. the fatality montage video has a bootleg quality about it.

Anyanka said:
Where'd you hear this? That would be amazing.
On their livestream earlier. It was like 3 hours long.. but towards the end, Jeff and Brad mentioned something about it. I believe there was also some talk of guests around the same time, but I can't recall if they were speaking specifically about the MK special. Anyway, something to look out for. The livestream is up on their site in podcast form right now for anyone interested.

I never played any of the Mortal Kombat games. But it looks like a succesfull reboot.

Im digging the unique internal organs system. Is this made by the same guys behind the Mortal Kombat games? All of Midway was bought by Warner right?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Every time there's a new MK thread, my hype level rises just that little bit more.

19 & 21 said:
Looks like there might be an exclusive Bombcast dedicated to Mortal Kombat discussion coming up soon. Hopefully it'll make up some for the lack of footage every where. I get the feeling they weren't allowing many people to record.. the fatality montage video has a bootleg quality about it.
I kinda like it that way. Reminds me of the old days when getting information about MK was from people playing the game on the MK Tour and taking off screen pics.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
now that looks like the mortal kombat I loved

So theres 26 slots on that select screen.

Lets see... heres a list of playable characters that debuted in the first 3 games:

Mortal Kombat (7)
Johnny Cage
Kano
Liu Kang
Raiden
Scorpion
Sonya
Sub-Zero (Noob Saibot)

Mortal Kombat II (8)
Baraka
Jax
Kitana
Kung Lao
Mileena
Reptile
Shang Tsung
Sub-Zero

Mortal Kombat 3 (8)
Cyrax
Kabal
Nightwolf
Sektor
Sheeva
Sindel
Smoke
Stryker

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (2)
Ermac
Jade

7 + 8 + 8 + 2 = 25

Since this is the retelling of MK1-3, thats pretty much your roster right there. There may be some unliked characters cut out (Sheeva, Stryker mainly) and theres a few other guys they could throw in there as playable (Goro, Kintaro, Motaro, Shao Kahn, or some newer characters).

edit: and Shao Kahn is in the game as a character that you can fight-- but that does not necessarily mean hes playable...

Boon mentioned there may be someone else turned into a cyborg that you don't expect. I believe the original story was that Cyrax, Sektor, Smoke and Sub-Zero were chosen to become cyborgs, but Sub-Zero refused. Maybe this time Sub-Zero becomes a cyborg and one of Cyrax and Smoke does not. Which also leads me to think that the Sub-Zero we see could actually be the original one (Noob Saibot).

Danielsan

infinityBCRT said:

Lets see... heres a list of playable characters that debuted in the first 3 games:

Mortal Kombat (7)
Johnny Cage
Kano
Liu Kang
Raiden
Scorpion
Sonya
Sub-Zero (Noob Saibot)

Mortal Kombat II (8)
Baraka
Jax
Kitana
Kung Lao
Mileena
Reptile
Shang Tsung
Sub-Zero

Mortal Kombat 3 (8)
Cyrax
Kabal
Nightwolf
Sektor
Sheeva
Sindel
Smoke
Stryker

Ermac
Jade

7 + 8 + 8 + 2 = 25

Since this is the retelling of MK1-3, thats pretty much your roster right there. There may be some unliked characters cut out (Sheeva, Stryker mainly) and theres a few other guys they could throw in there as playable (Goro, Kintaro, Motaro, Shao Kahn, or some newer characters).
Shao Kahn is definitely playable.
I hope they also give us a character that hardly anyone remembers: Chameleon.

ru4s9l.jpg

DasRaven

infinityBCRT said:

Mortal Kombat (7)
Johnny Cage, Kano, Liu Kang, Raiden, Scorpion, Sonya, Sub-Zero (Noob Saibot)

Mortal Kombat II (8)
Baraka, Jax, Kitana, Kung Lao, Mileena, Reptile, Shang Tsung, Sub-Zero,

Mortal Kombat 3 (8)
Cyrax, Kabal,Nightwolf,Sektor,Sheeva,Sindel,Smoke,Stryker,

Ermac,Jade,

7 + 8 + 8 + 2 = 25

Shao Kahn is playable, there's an in game model shown in the trailer. I cant see Shang Tsung making a return unless their going to give him a SF4 Seth-like move set rather than morphing.

DasRaven said:
Shao Kahn is playable, there's an in game model shown in the trailer. I cant see Shang Tsung making a return unless their going to give him a SF4 Seth-like move set rather than morphing.
Did you see the reptile turning visible clip? If they just made an effect where Shang Tsung turns invisible and at the same time the model of whoever he morphed into turns visible, it could work. And now theres caching on modern systems so its not ridiculous like the PSX where you'd have to wait 15 seconds for a character to load.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
DasRaven said:

Him being in the game doesn't make him playable.

shuri

Banned
I'm totally open to the idea of a Stryker redesign. I would imagine him to be some sort of MMA-trained cop, in complete riot gear (or maybe a very damage riot gear kit). he would pull out his baton for combos, his projectile could be his tazer gun. He would only be into this for himself, he couldnt care about the outworld shit and so on, his storyline is that he gets caught up into the events because he somehow ended up not losing his soul and shao khan's extermination squads (referenced in the intro of mk3) are after him.

that's how i would imagine him:
rampage.jpg

He would be a normal guy using his mma training and technology to survive.

Like i said earlier.. his police baton would be his combo weapon; his tazer could be some sort of freeze-style move that paralize the ennemy; he could throw a flashbang to the ground that would allow him to move around the other guy for a sneak attack (so instead of teleporting like scorpion, the screen would go white and he appear behind the ennemy)

Anyanka

Shao Kahn could be playable but not count as one of the 26. In the last game he was unlockable and wasn't on the regular select screen.

Nyx

infinityBCRT said:
Mortal Kombat (7)
Johnny Cage
Kano
Liu Kang
Raiden
Scorpion
Sonya
Sub-Zero (Noob Saibot)

Mortal Kombat II (8)
Baraka
Jax
Kitana
Kung Lao
Mileena
Reptile
Shang Tsung
Sub-Zero

Mortal Kombat 3 (8)
Cyrax
Kabal
Nightwolf
Sektor
Sheeva
Sindel
Smoke
Stryker

Ermac
Jade

Am I the only one who read this list and heard the official announcer say all the names in my head ?

I wish I had bought the MK collection when it came out because all this news about MK recently has made me want to go back and play Deception. I might just pick up Unchained for PSP (but I probably should get a bigger memory card first-- got a 2GB with the peace walker bundle and its already full).

infinityBCRT said:
I wish I had bought the MK collection when it came out because all this news about MK recently has made me want to go back and play Deception. I might just pick up Unchained for PSP (but I probably should get a bigger memory card first-- got a 2GB with the peace walker bundle and its already full).

i got lucky at found a copy of trilogy yesterday

Top Bottom