• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat [E3 2010]

fernoca

Small updates...
Changed the characters numbers info (again) under 'Notes'...
  • Planning/aiming to have 26 characters (28 slots) in the final game: 26 slots of regular characters, 1 for DLC-characters and 1 for random. (according to Gamespot, FDMK and Jeff Gerstmann/Giant Bomb/MKServer)

Along with a pic (updated the original one)...

28ck30n.jpg

..Still looking for gameplay videos.. :/

EDIT:
Booth pics (linked under the booth pic) and impressions from Kamidogu.com added

2011 can't come any closer. Seeing the fighting game genre come back has been a pleasant surprise this generation. Thanks for making me feel like a kid again, Midway.

DasRaven

Masterblaster said:
How bout this?

http://screwattack.com/videos/Hands-On-Mortal-Kombat

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! :D :D

The Mortal Kombat fan within me from years past has shed some serious tears of joy today with all the info, pics and these few vids.

OK, let's see if we can piece this one fatality together from the video and hands-on impressions.
1. Scorpion cuts you off your legs at the knees, you fall to your stumps.
2. He then cuts you at the waist and neck horizontally.
3. He then kicks you in the chest, your midsection goes flying, your leg stumps fall to the ground, your head pops into the air.
4. He then splits your head vertically in midair.

Boon wasn't kidding about perhaps going too far.

parasight

:D

I'm with that guy. Would still hit that.

Thank goodness I don't live in Australia or some other place where the censorship will water this stuff down.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Wow, those look like some of the most brutal fatalities in a long, long time. Reptile puking acid into Nightwolf's mouth looks especially fucked up.

JdFoX187

Banned
I must say, it seems they have really decided to go back to what works. Of course, whether that translates into a quality game remains to be seen. I was one of the few who enjoyed MK vs. DC, although it was fairly tame.

DasRaven

vatstep said:
Wow, those look like some of the most brutal fatalities in a long, long time. Reptile puking acid into Nightwolf's mouth looks especially fucked up.

I really can't wait to see the results of this and the classic Toasty fatalities. With fully modeled organs and skeletons, I can see some GoW3 level disembowelings and burnings going on.

And if I could make a second request to Netherrealm in their development of this game, NO REVEALING THE FATALITIES, even in the strategy guides. That was half the charm in the arcade.

fernoca

Also added the DLC note about the slot expanding shagg_187 mentioned, in case some may see the Op and wonder it there was only going to be 1 DLC character. :p

I liked Sektor's fatality.. :p
Shoots a missile; body explodes into pieces..
Auto-targets the flying pieces and shoots homing-missiles to destroy each flying piece.. :lol

derFeef

I hope this plays good, thats all that matters to me. Juggling and dash comments from jeff made me a bit nervous.

edit: typo

OH man! This looks awesome. I'll definitely pick this up. Scorpion's attire looks fucking sweet along with Reptile's.

Sooooo hyped.:D

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
So how is Sonya a playable character if she's locked in chains in a background?

tim1138

It was nice to see Cage have his classic uppercut decapitation and torso rip fatalities. :D

I'm so pumped for this game.

fernoca

jobber said:
So how is Sonya a playable character if she's locked in chains in a background?
She hasn't been confirmed as playable..yet. :p

Actually, I haven't seen Sonya captured...others claim they did, but the only ones I've seen captured are Li Mei (right), Kira (left) and the one I posted a pic which can't be identified (in the ground, next to the throne)...

For all we know they characters in the background could be random...as long as it's not like in Deception/Armageddon..were in some cases the character you were using or fighting against also appeared in the background captured.. :lol

3kuSaS

Unconfirmed Member
I shed almost shed a tear! Great to see an awesome MK game again, I've hated the series since Trilogy.

Messi

They are hitting all the right notes for me right now. :D I am so glad to see mk apparently making a big comeback.

The costumes look great so far, especially scorpion, sub zero and reptile

fernoca

Liked the small details too..like Mileena going "Hmmm.." thinking how to kill Kung Lao....and when she throws her sais; Kung Lao's hat fell..instead of remaining static/glued to his head (like in previous games)..which is also another nice touch.

Oh, and also to that .gif:
ja98bm.jpg

wRATH2x

Banned
Mortal Kombat is finally the Mortal Kombat sequel I've always wanted! :D

I missed the old Mortal Kombat style and I dreaded the cartoony look we got with Deadly Alliance up to Armageddon even though I liked the games, and MK VS. DC was just plain meh. But this is the Mortal Kombat I grew up playing, oh my god I'm so happy.

I just hope we also get a new Shaolin Monks down the line.

Ed Boon said that if you have a favorite character from the first three MK's, their probably in the game

So obviously they'll have Sonya, Liu Kang, Jax, etc

Ermac, Rain, Goro would be nice too.

Danielsan

Wu-Gambino said:
Ed Boon said that if you have a favorite character from the first three MK's, their probably in the game

So obviously they'll have Sonya, Liu Kang, Jax, etc

Ermac, Rain, Goro would be nice too.
Cyrax and Smoke. :D

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
MoonsaultSlayer said:
Any chance someone can youtube that vid. I'd love to watch but the page keeps freezing my PS3 (5 times).
seconded

shuri

Banned
McKeeverFever said:
I dont know about this one, the last few MK games sucked but somehow I always get roped into buying them and Ed Boon is the biggest bullshiter ever he always tell a heap of lies about his games, whatever happend to the so called DLC in Mk Vs Dc ? I also remember him saying that you could rip the clothes off the characters and see their sweat drip in one of the previous MK games. As good as it looks im going to remain skeptical due to Ed Boon's track record of being a bullshitter :p.
if you had actually played Mk vs DC, you would had seen the clothes being damaged and the sweat drips effects.

The DLC were axed due to the death of Midway, they had two characters ready for the first pack

Tokubetsu

shuri said:
if you had actually played Mk vs DC, you would had seen the clothes being damaged and the sweat drips effects.

The DLC were axed due to the death of Midway, they had two characters ready for the first pack

Yea, blood drips, bruising, and cloth tearing has been in Since Deception I believe. Never considered Boon a bullshitter. Pretty much everthing he's promised in upcoming MK games have been in some form. Multi tiered stages, weapons, stances etc were all delivered.

derFeef

Magnus said:
Man....when did I become so squeamish... I don't think I can stomach this game's fatalities. :lol
Heh, I am not sure for myself. Especially the "I am vomitting acid into your throat" fatality by Reptile. I have no problem with cutting and squishing. But this one, Jeeeeeze.

Top Bottom