• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat: New Trailer with New Characters Revealed

Also why is everyone's faces look like they're 15-18 years old? Because it's MK1?
Because this is a magical reboot of the multiverse. Everyone is basically reborn with a new start and new identity, may of them even remembering their past lives. Hence Subzero and Scorpion are now allies, as despite their history of hatred that was litterally another lifetime ago. Everyone get to start again, and they can choose to be hero or villain as they want.

FUBARx89

I wasn't keen when Havik & Ashrah where leaked, cause 3D era and that, but they actually look pretty good. Havik looked really good.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
image.png

Soltype

I don't know that low brow or trashy is how I would describe MK. It was always about over the top violence and the urgent threat to life as we know it. That's why the characters are serious. They have never been anything but.

The goofy looking people are a product of the goofy character design choices the MK team has made over the decades. Sonya Blade should probably have never been dressed in full body spandex if she was a special forces agent, but there she was. As queen of outworld Sindel probably shouldn't have been dressed in a leotard that was open down to her navel. As special forces Jax probably should have had a shirt on and real pants. But in those days some video game characters were expected to have more sex appeal than practicality. Now there are fans that expect certain characters to maintain their designs even though they may be kind of ridiculous.
i guess the earlier games benefited from the time they were created, these new games all feel off tone wise.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Game is out next month....enough character reveals and start talking about the OTHER single player mode Boon has been teasing. Hopefully a new Konquest mode!!

ReBurn

Gold Member
i guess the earlier games benefited from the time they were created, these new games all feel off tone wise.
I get that. They need to provide fan service for people who enjoy those characters with their ridiculous aesthetics, but some of them really need some changes to not seem so awkward in the current era of Mortal Kombat games.

Ozriel

M$FT
I get that. They need to provide fan service for people who enjoy those characters with their ridiculous aesthetics, but some of them really need some changes to not seem so awkward in the current era of Mortal Kombat games.

Since your opinion seems to be an outlier, I’m not sure they’ll be making any wholesale changes

Is Ashrah dressed like a stripper in the pic I showed? How did you infer sterile to mean violance in my post?
Because your post made no sense, how are they sterilizing it? it's the most violent fighting game on the market, I never said she was dressed like a stripper I think it's crazy that some of you guys want them dressed like that in the first place, that's teenage boy stuff. In what way did you mean sterilize if it wasn't the clothing style? obviously it wasn't the violence.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Since your opinion seems to be an outlier, I’m not sure they’ll be making any wholesale changes
I don't think they will make wholesale changes, nor dId I say that I think they should.

In the early games Sonya Blade looked like earthrealm was invaded in the middle of her aerobics class. Jax looked like he was dancing in a strip club when it happened. Sindel looked like an E3 booth babe in her first outing. They have made many character design changes with and since MK9 that make the way characters look and dress make more sense. I don't put much stock in the general consensus of folks around here because the most vocal seems to believe it's a violation of their civil rights if female characters aren't paraded around with their tits and ass hanging out.

tkscz

Id rather have this than that random generic bullshit.

8fpxQyT.png
Did they fire the character designer from 11? These feel more like MK designs than whatever the hell they were doing in MK11. Even Gearus got a much needed costume redesign that fits with the MK style. Though not a fan of Havok's "Handsome John" look going on there.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Did they fire the character designer from 11? These feel more like MK designs than whatever the hell they were doing in MK11. Even Gearus got a much needed costume redesign that fits with the MK style. Though not a fan of Havok's "Handsome John" look going on there.

is that a compliment?

RoboFu

One of the green rats
That’s all MK have been wanting for years now. A green ninja reptile! That’s all.. no stupid slouching monster.

Now make ermac a red ninja again

Last edited:
Top Bottom