• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

You talking about the mobile game? Is it available on android yet? I checked the play store this afternoon and didn't see it (though apparently it's suppose to be out already in Canada).

Sorry, iOS. Yeah it only just became playable for us.

But man, still no Android love? What is going on?

Sorry, iOS. Yeah it only just became playable for us.

But man, still no Android love? What is going on?

Nope. Nothing. But like I said, it's suppose to be available here in Canada. Only thing I found was the comic for $10. The game is suppose to be free right? How do you tie what you've earned in with your console game?

Memory

Nope. Nothing. But like I said, it's suppose to be available here in Canada. Only thing I found was the comic for $10. The game is suppose to be free right? How do you tie what you've earned in with your console game?

I believe you sign in with you WB account and it sync's up, i'm still waiting for android version too (UK).

Manu

This is awesome! :D

image.php

Cyto

Shinnok is the cheapest character, he just camps long range and does the flick attack if you come close, if you block he does the unblockable stomp on you and if you try to jump near him he does the upward fire balls!!

IbukiLordSA

Messing around in training and found some stuff with Sonya, 41% meterless combo in the corner and some combo's leading into some 50/50 mixups with a low or overhead starter leading to another 25% combo and giving you corner position again if you end with the throw.

These can be done mid screen but j.4 needs too be replaced with j.1 and run cancels will need to be utilized. Hopefully it's decent :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTI2p4KhHS4

Dear, anyone who uses sub zero: Go fuck your self.

Sincerely yours, a salty ass gamer.

CHEAPEST FUCKER IN THE GAME
Actually that's Full Auto Jaquei. I had a 30 win streak in a KOTH lobby using mostly Sub-Zero. Eventually some guy sent me hatemail. I'll tell you something most people aren't aware of: the best strategy to use against him, despite how illogical it seems, is to rush him down. If he has a clone up, meter burn through it. Some characters have moves that don't even need a bar to go through. The Unbreakable variation with the parry move is punishable as all hell.

Grandmaster Sub-Zero is only cheap if you allow him to gain control. You can't be defensive forever.

Dear, anyone who uses sub zero: Go fuck your self.

Sincerely yours, a salty ass gamer.

CHEAPEST FUCKER IN THE GAME
I take it you have fought any full-auto Jacquis yet. I thought people were kidding when they said all full auto Jacquis do is jump into a corner and spam her machine guns. Today, I fought two Jacquis back to back that proceeded to just spam that shit even though it was being deflected back to them with Kitana, they both had no other fight plan but to keep spamming the same move,hoping to hit me eventually.

Where do you find the lost Mausoleum in Shao Khan's tomb? One guide says go to 0,19 but nothing happens there for me.

Edit: never mind, all of a sudden it worked

Is there more than the dead woods?

Unless they're so hidden that they don't work with the "no requirement for brutalities" modifier in kustom kombat, no.

Pretty weird tbh. You'd think AT LEAST smashing your opponents head against an interactable would be a brutality. Or setting them on fire in the Lin Kuei stage.

OmegaDL50

Unless they're so hidden that they don't work with the "no requirement for brutalities" modifier in kustom kombat, no.

Pretty weird tbh. You'd think AT LEAST smashing your opponents head against an interactable would be a brutality. Or setting them on fire in the Lin Kuei stage.

They probably have some odd condition that needs to be fulfilled in order to trigger. It's just that no one has met those requirements for it to work yet on the other stages.

The Dead Woods Brutality for example requires the player to use three different interactables and the last hit being that Log toss.

Also I've used that "no requirement for brutalities" thing before and found out that not every brutality triggers. At least some of them didn't with some testing I've done. For example Scorpions mid-air EX Teleport doesn't work for example. In fact I used a launcher combo and followed up with a midair EX Teleport which would fufill the condition the opponent being in midair when the EX Teleport hits, but no dice, didn't work in "Instant Brutality mode"

They probably have some odd condition that needs to be fulfilled in order to trigger. It's just that no one has met those requirements for it to work yet on the other stages.

The Dead Woods Brutality for example requires the player to use three different interactables and the last hit being that Log toss.

Also I've used that "no requirement for brutalities" thing before and found out that not every brutality triggers. At least some of them didn't with some testing I've done. For example Scorpions mid-air EX Teleport doesn't work for example. In fact I used a launcher combo and followed up with a midair EX Teleport which would fufill the condition the opponent being in midair when the EX Teleport hits, but no dice, didn't work in "Instant Brutality mode"

Huh, that's weird then.

Also, suiciding with Kotal in the last round counts as a brutality too. It is much less awesome than it should be.

Mawlok

Zero Punctuation review on Mortal Kombat X

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vid...st&utm_medium=index_carousel&utm_campaign=all

I thought his criticism of the story was kind of disingenuous, even if he admittedly wasn't very interested in it.
Yeah some of the revenants came back but it's not a magical reset button. Most of them are still dead and Liu Kang and Kitana are poised as the next big villains of the series.

Zero Punctuation is still my favourite web series. Because of reviews like this. Brilliant.

Slurmer

Banned
Shinnok is the cheapest character, he just camps long range and does the flick attack if you come close, if you block he does the unblockable stomp on you and if you try to jump near him he does the upward fire balls!!

Shinnok is easy, people just dont know how bad he is yet lol. Flick doesnt track, his unblockable has a huge (30+ frame?) startup, and the upward fireballs are super punishable on block. He has like 5 total strings dude lol.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Looks like there's another MK ESL tournament today at 5pm.

Hopefully someone will record and rehost this one. So disappointed that there haven't been any good restreams of the tournaments since the first fatal 8.

Funny, I do the opposite and rush down with 50/50 mixups. I'll only zone if someone attempts to zone me first.

Slurmer

Banned
Yup, the combo starting with a low is vital to my plan.

Nice. I feel like BS and Imposter are his only 2 viable variations. BS because of 50/50s gained with the overhead/scoop and Imposter because of his vortex.

Def. stick with him because I think theres a great chance he will get buffs down the road.

Nice. I feel like BS and Imposter are his only 2 viable variations. BS because of 50/50s gained with the overhead/scoop and Imposter because of his vortex.

Def. stick with him because I think theres a great chance he will get buffs down the road.
Definitely not switching, he's too much fun. It helps that in case of zoning emergency he has one of the best x-rays in the game that will catch you anywhere.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Jwong is doing random select right now. Of course first one picks Kung Lao and second game picks raiden, his two mains. Lol, imagine if you're on the receiving end of that. You're probably thinking noob player then you get completely obliterated.

Top Bottom