• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Deadstar

It's such a shame that they took out for tag team 2 v 2 mode. Playing on a team with Alien and Predator would have been awesome. I really hope that the next Mortal Kombat game has tag battle back in.

Man, I really hope they just continue MKX for this gen, like how SFV is doing. Still having alot of fun with it and it's the first game I've liked both the mechanics and aesthetics since UMK3.

They even made Bo' Rai Cho fun to play. I want more!

Man, I really hope they just continue MKX for this gen, like how SFV is doing. Still having alot of fun with it and it's the first game I've liked both the mechanics and aesthetics since UMK3.

They even made Bo' Rai Cho fun to play. I want more!
It's funny how much a few years make. With MK9/Injustice, I largely stayed away from the DLC, for no real reason other than, by the time they came out, I was kind of done with the games. With MKX, I think a combination of far better gameplay and getting invested in watching pro tournaments has made it so I agree. I would love to see another pack of characters (Fujin, Li Mei, Rain + whoever please) extend the life of the game more.

That said, I'm also SUPER excited to see the lessons learned and better netcode applied to a new Injustice game. I'd love to see what the engine can do with Super moves (and here's hoping the idea of fatality/brutality/stage fatality and faction kills are applied in a non-lethal way to Injustice too).

Demoskinos

Ugh so I just found out about the Kosplay outfits is there REALLY no way for me a supporter of the original game and Kombat Pack 1 to get those costumes other than a physical copy of MKXL?

Really makes me angry. I mean sure,its just a silly costume but considering I supported the game from the start it kind of sucks to be locked out of these. Especially when I've been wanting new Cassie costumes for goddamn ages now.

Khezu

Ugh so I just found out about the Kosplay outfits is there REALLY no way for me a supporter of the original game and Kombat Pack 1 to get those costumes other than a physical copy of MKXL?

Really makes me angry. I mean sure,its just a silly costume but considering I supported the game from the start it kind of sucks to be locked out of these. Especially when I've been wanting new Cassie costumes for goddamn ages now.

I got it from buying KP2 DLC.

It might be a preorder bonus though, I'm not sure.

Just finished playing some matches but quit because the lag was awful. I played last weekend and it seemed ok to me. Not sure if the servers are acting up or what but it was brutal. Anyone else playing having trouble?

Just finished playing some matches but quit because the lag was awful. I played last weekend and it seemed ok to me. Not sure if the servers are acting up or what but it was brutal. Anyone else playing having trouble?
The only time I've run into lag since the updated netcode is when the person I was playing against had an awful connection/high ping. Otherwise, it's felt flawless.

Only thing I've run into is some "failed to connect to match" messages when I go through the Room challenges. But easy to get around by just doing ranked or player vs. player matches.

Dereck

You're telling me: check this thing out:
https://twitter.com/jstrok72/status/705414264086011904/video/1

I'm loving Cyrax but finding I have trouble with high pressure characters like Kung Lao and Liu Kang. Not sure if I just need to learn their combos and where I can poke better, or if I need to mix up my strategy...
That must have taken a lot of practice.

I've so far managed to get up to 25% but that's with using one meter. Doesn't compare to this guy.

I think the problem I'm running into is that I haven't learned the trajectory of the bombs yet and so I haven't incorporated them into my combos yet.

I can't do a combo over 25% for anything.

There is just something I don't grasp well when it comes to this game. Granted I'm not good at fighting games, but these combos are insane.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I can't do a combo over 25% for anything.

There is just something I don't grasp well when it comes to this game. Granted I'm not good at fighting games, but these combos are insane.

Care to elaborate? Would love to help. What combo are you trying? Are you trying in practice mode?

Remember it's dial-a-combo. So if the combo is X, B, back+Y for example you need to input that sequence all at once. If cancelling into a special move do the special move right after inputting the combo, before the character animation.

Care to elaborate? Would love to help. What combo are you trying? Are you trying in practice mode?

Remember it's dial-a-combo. So if the combo is X, B, back+Y for example you need to input that sequence all at once. If cancelling into a special move do the special move right after inputting the combo, before the character animation.
Hmmm, well i meant strings I guess. I main Erron Black. Here is what i was trying to do.

The b,f,a + rt, into jumping y to bounce them up, grab and cancel throw then into another combo or special, but it always drops then combo when i do it.

I can do a combo until i have to cancel something to continue it. Then my brain just stops working.

That make any sense?

RSTEIN

Hmmm, well i meant strings I guess. I main Erron Black. Here is what i was trying to do.

The b,f,a + rt, into jumping y to bounce them up, grab and cancel throw then into another combo or special, but it always drops then combo when i do it.

I can do a combo until i have to cancel something to continue it. Then my brain just stops working.

That make any sense?

I am a little confused.

When you say "grab and cancel throw" do you mean EX Throw?

Can you do the following: Forward 1, 4, DB3, back 3, 2, up 1? Then when they're in the air some do something simple like Forward 2, 2, slide.

CD'S BAR

I've been using exclusively Butcher Leatherface until a couple of days ago when I tried Pretty Lady. I think it's his least interesting variation, but projectiles are such a big part of this game I think it might be his best. Retains his insane b2 overhead too.

vg260

Hm, Boon is teasing "big news" tomorrow on Twitter and commented on a twitter response mentioning the PC version. So a PC version update after all?

RM8

Hm, Boon is teasing "big news" tomorrow on Twitter and commented on a twitter response mentioning the PC version. So a PC version update after all?
This would make me so happy <3 I miss MKX so much. I haven't played it since we got news that PC would be abandoned, in part because I'm upset, and in part because I've been super busy with SFV and now KI. But I'd be back to MKX immediately if they give us XL too :]

vg260

This would make me so happy <3 I miss MKX so much. I haven't played it since we got news that PC would be abandoned, in part because I'm upset, and in part because I've been super busy with SFV and now KI. But I'd be back to MKX immediately if they give us XL too :]

It would be incredibly bad for him to suddenly antagonize PC users when NR/WB have been so mum on the issue, and people are still pissed off. I can't imagine what else it would be. His teasing usually has some element of truth.

RSTEIN

I can't deal with people who jump. I fought a sub zero last night who destroyed me 15-0. My Sun God does have difficulty with Sub in general since I can't really get out of the corner and Sub's slide goes right under my B1,1, 2 and B1, 4 combos. But overall I tend to do OK.

But this fucking Sub's main strategy was just to jump and jump some more. Particularly cross ups. He'd knock me down with a B2 (I think that's Sub's overhead) and then slide , run up to me, jump over my head, attempt a cross up (I'd block) then jump over my head again, then do some shit like throw me or d1 or go into a 50/50. Sometimes he'd jump over me three times in a row! I'm just standing there blocking like a fucking moron. I tried backdashing (not fast enough, I'd get hit with the jump in) or try to get out with F1, 2 (I'd be minus and he's slide at me). Nothing worked.

I've also lost against many Scorpions that just jump constantly. They're terrible at the game yet I'm struggling so hard to just pin them down.

GRR! Any advice?

RM8

It would be incredibly bad for him to suddenly antagonize PC users when NR/WB have been so mum on the issue, and people are still pissed off. I can't imagine what else it would be. His teasing usually has some element of truth.
Well, that's what we get for being optimistic, I guess :p

:(

Xevren

I can't deal with people who jump. I fought a sub zero last night who destroyed me 15-0. My Sun God does have difficulty with Sub in general since I can't really get out of the corner and Sub's slide goes right under my B1,1, 2 and B1, 4 combos. But overall I tend to do OK.

But this fucking Sub's main strategy was just to jump and jump some more. Particularly cross ups. He'd knock me down with a B2 (I think that's Sub's overhead) and then slide , run up to me, jump over my head, attempt a cross up (I'd block) then jump over my head again, then do some shit like throw me or d1 or go into a 50/50. Sometimes he'd jump over me three times in a row! I'm just standing there blocking like a fucking moron. I tried backdashing (not fast enough, I'd get hit with the jump in) or try to get out with F1, 2 (I'd be minus and he's slide at me). Nothing worked.

I've also lost against many Scorpions that just jump constantly. They're terrible at the game yet I'm struggling so hard to just pin them down.

GRR! Any advice?

Use your df1 anti air grab! Even going air to air with his jump in 1 works. People jumping over you should never really be a problem as kotal cuz of df1.

RSTEIN

Use your df1 anti air grab! Even going air to air with his jump in 1 works. People jumping over you should never really be a problem as kotal cuz of df1.

Yeah, but I can't do it on the cross ups. That's really what was killing me. When I wake up they're already over my head getting ready to do a cross up into combo or cross up into throw.

CD'S BAR

I can usually punish jumping pretty well with just uppercut. But yeah it's annoying as hell when they do it on wake-up. At the point I think all you can do is anticipate whether they're going to go high or low, then uppercut to create some distance. As Leatherface main though I'm always trying to keep no closer than jumping distance.

RSTEIN

I can usually punish jumping pretty well with just uppercut. But yeah it's annoying as hell when they do it on wake-up. At the point I think all you can do is anticipate whether they're going to go high or low, then uppercut to create some distance. As Leatherface main though I'm always trying to keep no closer than jumping distance.

A good play will throw a few cross ups but this sub zero was doing it on virtually every wake up. That stupid tight, summersault cross over that's so fast. I just felt like a complete moron unable to figure out how to deal with it. I can punish someone who jumps in at me normally no problem, but this guy was timing is wake up jump overs perfectly.

CD'S BAR

Goddamn Alien's wakeup pounce thing is annoying as hell. I've been doing really well online as Leatherface Pretty Lady/Killer, but feels like it's time to learn a second character. I can play Jason second best, but I'm thinking of going for Tremor. Any consensus on his best variation? I think I've ever only played one Tremor online.

RSTEIN

Goddamn Alien's wakeup pounce thing is annoying as hell. I've been doing really well online as Leatherface Pretty Lady/Killer, but feels like it's time to learn a second character. I can play Jason second best, but I'm thinking of going for Tremor. Any consensus on his best variation? I think I've ever only played one Tremor online.

Most people use aftershock or crystalline.

I've decided to pick up Mileena... not going well so far. Just basically poking people with B1, 2 lol.

Top Bottom