• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Team Lin Kuei is winning!

AY6JYkZ.jpg

Fyi, that story mode is 12 chapters long. Strongly recommend going through the tutorial and doing at least 1 tower with a few characters beforehand.

vocab

Anyone have any basic tips? I tried one online match and got rekt, dude was already 22-0. I haven't played a fighter really since ps2 days.

That's rough. I'd recommend learning a few combos, the mechanics and getting the basics down with a character before jumping back online. There's gonna be those guys who only play fighting games. A corner combo, a mid screen, and a combo into super is something I'd aim for at the start.

Also testyourmight.com is a great place to look for character info.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Can anyone confirm that Share Play works with Mortal Kombat X? So that if I want to play against a friend online that he doesn't need a copy?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
God almighty just in the Krypt when a wolf jumped out at me. Had headphones on full blast.
Shit the life out of me lol.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So are Faction Kills performed the same way as Fatalities? I've unlocked Smoke's Revenge but can't seem to perform it.

Edit: Nevermind done it, needed to step away further.

Nyx

Does this game support share play on PS4?

I tried to yesterday but couldn't due to the game not being released in my region yet.
Will try again tonight, think it will work though.

So are Faction Kills performed the same way as Fatalities? I've unlocked Smoke's Revenge but can't seem to perform it.

Most faction kills require you to be far away from your opponent before doing the input. (and it's done after ''Finish Him/Her'')

The ps4 region lock thing is pretty stupid but I don't really care because I just wanna play the single player stuff.

Kan't wait to play this game.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Can I get some honest opinions from PC players? How well is it optimised? Is 60fps without dips possible on good hardware? How many people are playing online? How's the netcode? Any lag?

Can I get some honest opinions from PC players? How well is it optimised? Is 60fps without dips possible on good hardware? How many people are playing online? How's the netcode? Any lag?

Read above, the game is not really out yet on PC so it installs the first 3GB then gives up. You can't get past the main menu.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Read above, the game is not really out yet on PC so it installs the first 3GB then gives up. You can't get past the main menu.

Oh, I thought that would have been fixed by now. I was hoping to wake up and have glowing reviews convince me to buy it.

alstein

Yep, can confirm on PC it's currently borked

That said, I did see some nice options in the controls

They did the pause delay thing from Skullgirls, so accidental pauses in tournies should be a thing of the past

I am curious what the easy input thing is- get special moves out more easily?

I disabled negative edge and required diagonal inputs- does requiring diagonal inputs mean b,f moves are hcf or is that just for quarter circles?

As long as this is fixed by Thursday I'm ok- I do plan on doing a tourney Saturday if I can make, want one day to figure out some quick derp.

Lord Phol

Wait wait wait, the game isn't actually officially out yet? That would explain why it doesn't download anything past the first 3GB. Thought it was a bit weird that people could play it since the steam page says it doesn't unlock for another 5 hours.

Ont

I knew it from beginning that everyone and their mother wants to be associated with a ninja clan or white lotus.

It makes sense that the elite (special forces) are the minority. :)

Dr. Buni

Special Forces ftw
Wait wait wait, the game isn't actually officially out yet? That would explain why it doesn't download anything past the first 3GB. Thought it was a bit weird that people could play it since the steam page says it doesn't unlock for another 5 hours.
It is out officially. But it also isn't.

Supposedly it will be out officially officially in around 6 hours.

Ensoul

Is anybody using the titian one or cronusMAX for their controllers? If so how are they working?

Very exited to play this but not on a normal ps4 controller.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm I'm a little worried about buying the game right now (PC) with the region lock for multiplayer as the key sites don't state if they're EU or US keys, unless I'm missing something.

Dzab

I can only seem to find grey ping opponents. The input delay is unbearable. UK here.

Edit: it's my stick. Don't know what to think about this. Realised when I was choosing a character and it took a while to respond but the controller was fine. Anyone else using a Madcatz TE?

Samus4145

You can only get to the main menu and even that crashes. Didn't notice any frame drops though ;)

Krackatoa

Anyone have any basic tips? I tried one online match and got rekt, dude was already 22-0. I haven't played a fighter really since ps2 days.

d1 (down+LP/down+Square(?)) is universally your fastest move, regardless of character. It also causes your character to low-profile aerial attacks. You can use it to beat people who jump over your head.

In grounded situations, use it once to interrupt your opponent after blocking something (Or if you find yourself in a situation where you can act first), then go into your fastest low or overhead/throw as an offensive 50/50 (You force them to block correctly, or they die).

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I really hope my Gamefly shipment gets here today.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck it, ordered it from CJS-Keys as they source their keys from the EU which makes me feel safer about the region lock, and I've used them before. £18.50 for Goro edition. Apparently it'll full unlock later today so can't wait!

Any differences between PS4 and Xbox One versions?

1080p vs 900p.

Kinsei

Banned
Oh man this is so much better than I thought it would be. I am loving D'Vorah, Erron Black, and Kung Jin right now. They'll definitely be the three characters I focus on and try to get good with.

Come on SF, step it up. It's not like it's difficult to get points, the challenges alone are a free 800.

Top Bottom