• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X PC Performance Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 325805
  • Start date

Head.spawn

This game reinstalled about 30GB earlier today. Then when I opened Steam again, it did another 30GB. Turned my computer back on a minute ago and it started downloading again...

Uninstalled.

I don't have time for this shit. It's literally redownloading the game over and over and over again.

I guess I should be thankful my tv went bust so I don't have to deal with this. seriously though, never buying anything from high voltage studios ever again.

How's the new patch working out for everyone?

I played a few matches with one of my buddies last night. It was ok online. Still not great. But optimization seems to have improved. I'm playing on a GTX 570. Almost everything is maxed out, minus shadows. 1080p as well. Also, what people need to do is set their framerate to fixed. Not smooth or variable.

Forgot to mention too. If anyone is having issues with Steam re-downloading the game constantly. You need to disable the Steam Beta client and revert back to the regular client. That seemed to fix the problem for me.

lol. This game still not fixed? Waiting for the right moment to buy it.

Basically, its not complete like the console versions yet. It's still missing a hotfix or two from the console versions. But again, the game's optimization has improved a bit. Not stuck to playing only on training stage anymore. But online is still ass.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if everyone who has trouble with this port has taken advantage of Steam's new policies and asked for a refund.

SlickVic

Those mentioning optimizations above weren't kidding. This is my first time playing in probably a month and framerate seems like a locked 60 now playing single offline fights on my 860M; might try bumping up shadows from high to very high to see if it still holds up.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
So High Voltage has apparently gotten kicked off of this. QLOC has taken over.

Maybe more people would be willing to give the PC version a shot now.

Buburibon

Yet another patch and I still can't play at my native resolution without having to select it every single time I start the game. I'm thinking it's time to uninstall this and forget it ever existed. :-/

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Wow, I had no idea about the QLOC switch. That's pretty crazy. I'm real curious to see how Mad Max comes out on PC. WB may be stepping their game up.

Buburibon

Wow, I had no idea about the QLOC switch. That's pretty crazy. I'm real curious to see how Mad Max comes out on PC. WB may be stepping their game up.

I don't think the switch was ever officially confirmed, and if today's patch is anything to go by, I'd wager QLOC has most definitely not worked on it. Like I said on my previous post, the update failed once again to address basic functionality bugs such as being able to save resolution settings. Furthermore, story mode cutscenes still suffer from black crush, the character select screen "walk-away" animations present on console versions of the game have been removed form the PC version, etc.

Parsnip

I don't think the switch was ever officially confirmed, and if today's patch is anything to go by, I'd wager QLOC has most definitely not worked on it. Like I said on my previous post, the update failed once again to address basic functionality bugs such as being able to save resolution settings. Furthermore, story mode cutscenes still suffer from black crush, the character select screen "walk-away" animations present on console versions of the game have been removed form the PC version, etc.

I mean, most of the time there's no official confirmation on these things.
We know that 21 days ago they created a new branch for the game called daily_qloc with a description "nightly builds", which they promptly renamed to daily_qa1, but steamdb keeps the name in the history. In my mind that doesn't leave a lot of questions on whose working on it now.

As for the things actually fixed and things still broken, the mess HVS left behind is no doubt significant so even good port houses like QLOC are going to have trouble cleaning it up.

Skyzard

Banned
Wow have they not fixed this shit yet? The video files themselves are actually fine, the game itself adds the black crush, somehow.

Apparently there was a patch today, need to check it out...but not getting my hopes up :/ Yeah it's awful for them to ignore it, can't see shit in the story sections.

----yep, still.

RM8

I can't freaking believe they removed the pre-fight animations again. This is both depressing and hilarious, these guys simply couldn't be any more incompetent. No crashes for me, though!

Esque7

Why does the game zoom in a bit when a fight starts? Everything else is fine like the menus and pre-fight taunts, but as soon as the announcer says "Fight" the game zooms in a bit so the health bars, etc. are off screen.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Still hoping for a black crush fix for cutscene story.

Isn't this just because default brightness or contrast setting was set too low? I could be wrong on this but I remember reading that. When they ask you what brightness you want on first boot you can set it appropriately, or just edit settings to fix it

Skyzard

Banned
Isn't this just because default brightness or contrast setting was set too low? I could be wrong on this but I remember reading that. When they ask you what brightness you want on first boot you can set it appropriately, or just edit settings to fix it

Nah.

Tweaking that destroys the normal non-cutscene in-game image and doesn't fix the black crush, just...changes the brightness etc. Just tried it.

Parsnip

QLOC has been fixing it a bunch, but I haven't kept track of remaining issues. Just looking at this list, wow the game was a mess.

Here's a combined list of all patch notes since July 7, excluding any balance stuff that is for all platforms.

-Frame Skipping has been removed
-Liu Kang’s “Hot Head” brutality no longer triggers when no stage interaction is used
-When installing the Title from a complete backup the entire package will now be installed
-Saving a controller preset for the keyboard will now make it the active preset
-Characters will no longer be doubled on the character select screen
-The pings of other players in a room will now display correctly
-After completing an Invasion Boss, the Invasion Bosses defeat will now trigger correctly
-Fixed a crash where sometimes the game will minimize, becoming unplayable
-Pausing and unpausing quickly while Frame Smoothing is set to “on” will no longer cause a display driver crash in arenas
-Users can now leave a KOTH session as king without taking a loss
-There are new secret brutalities to discover

-Fixed a bug where game will freeze in training mode when users have been playing ~20 minutes.
-Game will no longer crash when launched on an Ultra HD monitor.
-Character walk away animations will now display correctly.
-Reverted font change that caused “Exit” text in online rooms to be cut off.

-There is now an option to change the games language without changing the language in Steam.
-Fatality animations will now trigger correctly
-Game will no longer display graphical artifacts when playing Match Replays from Online modes
-The Game will now properly pause when it is minimized while in the main menu, reducing CPU and disk usage
-When installing the Game from a complete back up, all packages will now be installed
-Fixed an issue where nVidia card users would sometimes encounter a display driver crash in different game modes
-“Reconnect the controller” error message will no longer appear when switching controllers in the character selection menu
-The button log will now display the proper icon dependent on the input method (keyboard or controller)
-Button prompts will now properly display during Test Your Might when using a controller with custom button assignments
-Various game input fixes
-Various Kombat Kard fixes

-Fixed an issue in which Ermac’s “Soul Eater” Brutality would crash the game when performed on Erron Black.
-Fixed an issue where switching to 1440x480 resolution and then switching to another would cause the side of the screen to cut off for several resolutions.
-Kitana’s Assassin Strike will now deal the appropriate amount of damage.
-Predator [Hish Qu Ten Variation] Predator’s gun will now display the cross-hairs during his Fatality 2 correctly.
-Fatality and Brutality bonuses will now be granted to the correct player.
-“Dark Future” Achievement will now be granted to the correct player.
-Improvements to Online Searching- Users are now informed about changing regions.
-Various fixes for inputs and icons.

Bydobob

So after watching some Injustice 2 vids I thought I'd reinstall MKX for the first time in over a year. Thread really needs to be updated with details of last October's patch.

The version I'm playing now is much improved from before. Memory leak has gone, while load times and lag are significantly improved. No crashes so far either.

On the visual side, it looks like they've reduced the black crush during cut scenes, and there seems to be more pop in terms of graphical effects. Bear in mind my experience is coloured somewhat from a change in monitor (1440p IPS v 1080p TN), so I'd be interested to know what others think.

Game is still capped at 60fps though with cut scenes running at 30fps, and graphics options are still very bare bones. FXAA is all you get.

Top Bottom