• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Shell The Virtuous Cycle DLC - Official Teaser Trailer

R6Rider

Gold Member
It's like a Bloodborne weapon. I like it. I haven't played the game since I beat it, but I might get back into it if the DLC is good.

ethomaz

Banned
The game is better than people imagine I guess.
It really has a good battle system with some thinks even better than Souls.
It is just not a high profile game.

But I really liked it.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Revealed: The Virtuous Cycle is Mortal Shell's new roguelike expansion.

Coming August 18. Possess the newest playable Shell and carve your path with a deadly transforming weapon.

Available worldwide - PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, Xbox One, Steam, EGS, GoG

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Mortal Shell's upcoming expansion, The Virtuous Cycle, features a new roguelike mode, new playable shell, and new transforming axe-katana weapon. Check out the launch trailer for a look at what to expect.

Mortal Shell: The Virtuous Cycle launches on August 18 for Steam, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Epic Games Store, and GOG. The DLC will be free until August 23, 2021.

skit_data

Gonna try this out today, I saw that it was free until the 23rd.

I haven’t finished the PS5 version of the game, though so I hope its not mainly post endgame content. I’ll probably buy it anyway so I’m not really in a hurry.

Anyone tried it yet? How does the roguelike mode feel? And the new shell?

Chukhopops

Gonna try this out today, I saw that it was free until the 23rd.

I haven’t finished the PS5 version of the game, though so I hope its not mainly post endgame content. I’ll probably buy it anyway so I’m not really in a hurry.

Anyone tried it yet? How does the roguelike mode feel? And the new shell?
Where is the free trial? I want to give it a shot.

Edit : Ok my bad it’s just the DLC.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Mortal Shell certainly had some new ideas to offer the Soulslike genre at launch, and with The Virtuous Cycle, I applaud Cold Symmetry for trying new things and giving players a ton of replay value with a new, if somewhat derivative, roguelite mode and variety with the new weapon and shell.

What I don’t like about the new mode is purely in its comparison with the main campaign, as it feels like the satisfying feeling of beating bosses with finality is taken away with less of a sense of progression or improvement to take its place, especially because many sequences in the campaign, as with other Soulslike games, have their own roguelike characteristics.

For anyone who’s played or wants to get into a Soulslike, Mortal Shell is a great place to look, though it loses a little something when it takes away that rigid structure.

Top Bottom