• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most depressing day of the year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjork

Some limey doctor says today is mathematically the most depressing day of the year.

But it doesn't seem that way to me... today is not bad.

Anyone having the most depressing day ever?

Tarazet

Not bad so far, but I have to pay my tuition bill and since it's the due date, the place is going to be mobbed. I expect to be in line for an hour plus.

pops619

I could see why it would be for a lot of people in Pittsburgh after the disappointing loss last night. I got over it pretty fast, though, and I'm doing fine so I can't say that today is any more depressing than any recent days. This next month definitely figures to be the most depressing stretch. It always is, for me anyway. But then spring training starts at the end of February, and that means spring and baseball are on the way. Baseball always brightens my spirits, especially early in the season. Mainly because the Pirates are always out of it by May. But not this year!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I felt it last Friday. Today I just have a headache. Too much Nelly/Tim McGraw.

aoi tsuki

For some reason i always get a little depressed around Christmas, though i'm not sure why. i'm usually single on Valentine's Day, or National Singles' Awareness Day as my manager calls it, but i never get depressed about it.

COCKLES

being watched
bjork said:
Some limey doctor says today is mathematically the most depressing day of the year.

London after Christmas.....very fucking depressing. I can vouch for that. Wet, cold, damp and grey.

Well, an Iraqi rat wiped it's ass with my lips so that starts the day off pretty shitty. The good thing is everything is aces after that.

Timbuktu

I hope it is, it's not been that bad, but it would mean the rest of the year would be pretty bright.

It's been a long long day at studio though and it snowed for the first time in Cambridge (Eng) this season, there was also hail and rain, which makes it a very cold day. And today I recieved my college bill, so yeah, I hope it is the worst day this year.

ToxicAdam

The day after the Super Bowl ... football is over and baseball doesn't start for a few more months. Sports radio is what gets me through the day at work ... and having nothing to listen to is boring.

So far today hasn't been that bad. Just the usual first day chaos. There was a poster sale on campus, and I snagged me some sweet swag.

Ghostbusters + The Dark Crystal Posters = A happy day indeed.

bionic77

bjork said:

This doctor is a fucking genius. This might be the most depressing day EVER.

I probably got the job, we'll see Wednesday. AND if I get this job, I'm adopting this awesome cat I played with at the shelter today. So suck on THAT, depression!

my day has been miserable as well. i was in court and am having women problems. needless to say, i bought a sixpack and am now trying to drink away my sadness. i know it won't work though...

Drozmight

Friday, the power bill came and somehow it's $200... what the shit. Ever since then, my roomates girlfriend has been here doing laundry, non-fucking-stop. I swear, I'm about to go crack skulls. No way I'm paying all $67 of my share, not when I've gone without heat in my room all winter. Over the past few months I've also gone downstiars to find the heater on, to 80 degrees, the TV on and nobody in the room at 5am. It was probably like that all night.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Pretty average day here, as far as depression goes.

I have been pretty angry today though, and I never get angry. Almost punched the monitor when my PC was being incredibly slow, but held back and hit the desk instead, which almost collapsed. Stupid cheap piece of crap.

Atrex

yeah extremely depressing day for me, and they dont come too common for me, but i would have to say this man is correct as far as i go thats for damn sure.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Mr. Lemming said:
Ha ha! My birthday rocks! (My birthday being today... the supposed most depressing day of the year and all)

Haha, happy fucking birthday dude. I forgot.

Well, Saturday's events led to today being shitty. What with the calling around for hours trying to get the insurance shit figured out, along with my whole ticket fiasco. And all for slipping on the road and sliding into a guard rail. Yoish.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Off by one day. Yesterday I was incredibly depressed about stuff, even though nothing really happened and a day earlier I finally found out for sure that I graduated college. Meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom