• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

most horrifying insects

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/most-horrifying-and-awesome-creepy-crawlies-world

This winged demon can dissolve human flesh, spray acid, and if you come into contact with one you are almost guaranteed a hospital stay.

800px-Vespa_mandarinia_japonica_s3.JPG

http://edge.liveleak.com/80281E/ll_a_u/thumbs/2013/Oct/3/2a9879c9acbd_sf_8.jpg

Its kind of cute though!

Fun read.

Its pretty much real life Pokemon

Edit: Also real life Starcraft

EDIT: Also Demon's/Dark Souls
There are many different species of so-called assassin bugs (within the Reduviidae family), some of which can transmit disease to humans such as Chaga's disease. They've earned themselves this nickname because they are known to attack quickly and rather violently. After killing their prey by stabbing them with their long, sharp beaks (called a rostrum), these bugs inject enzymes into prey which softens the insides, ready to be sucked out like a delicious organ smoothie. One particular species found in Malaysia (A. petax) even glues the empty corpses onto its back using sticky secretions, wearing them as a form of armor. I sure as hell would not mess with something covered in dead bodies, jeez.

GodofWine

I got attacked by bees that live underground in my lawm...they did not appreciate the lawn mower AT ALL.

So they get my vote since they are out there right now living in tunnels under my lawn (i will kill them)

The Assassin Bug wears' its victims corpses as armor.

17lwd7om8y1k7jpg.jpg

ant_snatching_assassin_bug__acanthaspis_sp___by_melvynyeo-d6xv8c5.jpg

Let me emphasize that. It kills other bugs and wears their bodies as armor.

Those bugs that lay their eggs inside you and then the babies hatch and eat their way through you before bursting out your skin (no not a xenomorph lol). I remember seeing a video about a woman who could hear them moving around inside her head

EGOMON

Just looking at those pictures gives me the chill i fucking hate hate and hate insects they are so damn creepy i would rather live with lions, tigers and crocs than bees, praying mantis and spiders

zert

17lwd7om8y1k7jpg.jpg

That could be a great final boss battle. Just aim to the head and throw grenades to remove some bodies.

Biochet

Assassin-Bug.jpg

wanna know why you shouldn't fuck with this asshole? because he kills insects by injecting them with lethal saliva that will act like a blender(kinda) so when he stabs them, he sips the insides like a smoothie then wears them because why the fuck not

edit: ;_; nintendoga

17lwd7om8y1k7jpg.jpg

Ah, yes, the Monster Hunter bug. Basically, it's life is one big game of Monster Hunter.

The fuck outta here.

Anyway, let's throw some Giant Centipedes in the mix:

texas-giant-centipede-scolopendra-heros-wild-texas.jpg

... That's the most awesome Invertebrate I've ever seen because it has a moustache.

EDIT

That one little thing? Check these out (on a monkey):

http://youtu.be/ICpw9FwYqAs

Major chills watching this. Ugh.

I'm sorry to say that it died not long after. Infants tend to not survive such things like that. Poor thing must have been abandoned, seeing as monkeys generally help to get rid of these things on each other.

Ah, yes, the Monster Hunter bug. Basically, it's life is one big game of Monster Hunter.

... That's the most awesome Invertebrate I've ever seen because it has a moustache.

EDIT

I'm sorry to say that it died not long after. Infants tend to not survive such things like that. Poor thing must have been abandoned, seeing as monkeys generally help to get rid of these things on each other.
Well shit that is sad. I also just watched some mangoworms being taken out of a 3-week old puppy and then read the description and it said the puppy died 12 hours later. :(

Not posting that. I am done watching this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom