• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most like true: Inazuma Eleven 2 coming in January, The Last Story on February 24

Shiggy

Rumour: The Last Story renamed The Last World for the release in Europe on February 24

After various evidences about its arrival in Europe such as the inclusion in the Nintendo line-up announced during the 2011 GamesCom, and a playable and localised demo in Vienna Game City, some interesting rumors about The Last Story have surfaced in the last hours, and that’s something you cannot really expect. First and foremost, the release date: February 24 seems the day chosen by Nintendo of Europe to launch in our stores the last effort of Final Fantasy creator and award-winning designer Hironobu Sakaguchi; secondly, the name: it seems that The Last World will be the title which will appear on the cover instead of the one we all know.

Other news concerning Nintendo games out next year are spreading all over the web: Fortune Street, the Wii board game featuring characters from two of the biggest video game series, has been set for a release on January 5, and it will be renamed Boom Street as some rumors on an Australian forum pointed out some months ago. Moreover, one of the many DS sleeper hits will see the arrival of a (already available in Japan) sequel: Inazuma Eleven 2 will be released at the end of January, but there are no information about how it will appear in European stores, since the original game was split into two versions: Fire and Blizzard.

http://www.wiitalia.it/2011/11/07/r...rrivera-a-febbraio-con-un-nome-nuovo/lang/en/

Sounds in line with what others already said.

Aeana

What was wrong with The Last Story?
The name, I mean; I already know what's wrong with the game.

wrowa

The Last World is a terrible name, even more so than Last Story.

Assuming the rumor is true it's nice to see that it releases so early, though. I didn't expect it until much later in 2012.

Boney

Banned
Aeana said:
What was wrong with The Last Story?
The name, I mean; I already know what's wrong with the game.
I asked you in the other thread but you ignored me!

What're the issues with the game, you sound pretty negative.

OH MY GOD FUCK YOU NOE AND FUCK YOUR FETISH FOR POINTLESS SHITTY NAME CHANGES!!!

Ugh! What the hell is wrong with these guys?! Fortune Street becomes Boom Street?! WHAT THE FUCK?! That doesn't even make sense!!! (is it a monopoly style game, or is it a game about blowing up streets with fucking explosives?! You wouldn't even get the name unless you knew about the game beforehand!) The Last World also loses all of the original name's meaning (the name being an allusion to Final Fantasy and having it represent it being made with the intention of it being Sakaguchi's last game)

Seriously, at this point. If it's not a Mario or Zelda game, chances are that NOE will find a way to fuck up the name! It's like a running joke at this point. Fuck your 3D Space Tank, IT'S X-SCAPE FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
NoE sure loves their arbitrary, and stupid name changes. Boom Street? Come on. I suppose The Last World isn't too bad, they could have called it The Last World: Slashing and Questing - Floating Numbers with Hironobu Sakaguchi. It does lose the Final Fantasy allusion, though.

Nuclear Muffin said:
Fortune Street becomes Boom Street?! WHAT THE FUCK?! That doesn't even make sense!!!

I guess if they mean in the 'boom and bust' sense, it sort of works. Still pointless, I sometimes think that if Starfox 64 were released for the first time today then NoE would have called it Lylat Wars just for the hell of it.

Phenomic

JumpingTheGun said:
Day 1. Will not be ordering from Zaavi either due to all the BS that went to down with peoples' copies of Xenoblade.

I'd go with GAME, pay maybe a little more, but you get the customer service aspect if you need it. Xenoblade showed up in 7 or 8 business days with them and came in perfect condition.

randomkid

This reminds me I still need to get Inazuma. What are the big UK import sites again? I was waiting for a price collapse to $30 shipped.

Aeana

Boney said:
I asked you in the other thread but you ignored me!

What're the issues with the game, you sound pretty negative.
Well I just didn't have fun with it at all, well, most of the time. In retrospect, it did have some fun parts. The Last Story is like if you took a Japanese RPG and tried to turn it into Gears of War. I don't really feel like going into detail right now, but I might later.

Kaizer

Banned
Damn, this would have to come out sandwiched right in between FFXIII-2 & ME3 releases, I'll probably just import it at release but won't get to play it till much later because of all the early 2012 games.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Nuclear Muffin said:
OH MY GOD FUCK YOU NOE AND FUCK YOUR FETISH FOR POINTLESS SHITTY NAME CHANGES!!!

Ugh! What the hell is wrong with these guys?! Fortune Street becomes Boom Street?! WHAT THE FUCK?! That doesn't even make sense!!! (is it a monopoly style game, or is it a game about blowing up streets with fucking explosives?! You wouldn't even get the name unless you knew about the game beforehand!) The Last World also loses all of the original name's meaning (the name being an allusion to Final Fantasy and having it represent it being made with the intention of it being Sakaguchi's last game)

Seriously, at this point. If it's not a Mario or Zelda game, chances are that NOE will find a way to fuck up the name! It's like a running joke at this point. Fuck your 3D Space Tank, IT'S X-SCAPE FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!

At least you're getting the game. :mad:

Vamphuntr

Aeana said:
Well I just didn't have fun with it at all. The Last Story is like if you took a Japanese RPG and tried to turn it into Gears of War. I don't really feel like going into detail right now, but I might later.

I'll trust you this time. I didn't listen to your hype control in the Xenoblade threads and I got burned. I will totally get Inazuma 2 though! I enjoyed the first game a lot.

Ushojax said:
I guess if they mean in the 'boom and bust' sense, it sort of works. Still pointless, I sometimes think that if Starfox 64 were released for the first time today then NoE would have called it Lylat Wars just for the hell of it.

Of course that's what they're going for, but as I said before, there's no way that you'd understand the name unless you already knew about the game beforehand.

It's just like the name 3D Space Tank. You'd only get the name if you knew that it was the original code name for X on the Gameboy (and only the stupidly hardcore would know that, meaning that it just sounds like shovelware to everyone else!). Or Bird and Bombs (you'd only get the name if you happened to own the US version of Pyoro DSi - which was called Bird and Beans over there. You have to own both region consoles to understand the name!)

It's just yet another stupid name change in a long line of stupid pointless name changes from NOE and it just irritates the shit out of me. (I'm still bitter about how they butchered Spirit Tracks and Advance Wars Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict too!)

muu

Aeana said:
Well I just didn't have fun with it at all, well, most of the time. In retrospect, it did have some fun parts. The Last Story is like if you took a Japanese RPG and tried to turn it into Gears of War. I don't really feel like going into detail right now, but I might later.

I think a lot of people got burned by Last Story after having high, high expectations post-Xenoblade that were impossible to meet. I thought the game part was OK, but what I played of the first few hours of the story definitely didn't convince me I should keep wasting time on it. How a veteran could come up with that many uninspired characters is beyond me.

Zavvi just sent out my replacement for Xenoblade a week and a half ago, so, I guess I'll be going with someone else for this game.

Worst part is, if it comes in now, I'll have Zelda. And when I'm done with Zelda, I'll have Revelations.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Aeana said:
The Last Story is like if you took a Japanese RPG and tried to turn it into Gears of War.

So the complete reverse of Quantum Theory?

From my understanding people are split on Xenoblade and The Last Story/World. If you like one you dislike the other. This makes me nervous, as I really really liked Xenoblade. :<

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Nuclear Muffin said:

Wow, it's almost like you're not getting the game.

kunonabi

Awful name but I'm just happy to get it in English. The Last Story has been my most hyped game for awhile now. Tied with Skyward Sword of course.

2San

English title gets changed, Japanese title stays the same...
GEaCW.jpg

Toth

Does the "Last World" title make sense in the context of the game's story? For that matter, did "The Last Story"?

dacuk

This thread reinforces strongly my hatred for NoA...

You have a lot to do if you want me to buy a WiiU!

GhaleonQ

RIIIII-IIIIII-YO
RIIIII-IIIIII-YO
RIII-YOOO
RIII-YOOO
RI-
RI-
RI-

RI-YO

You guys, Inazuma 11 2 is where it goes from great to brilliant. Enjoy Pokemon-ing around with expanded tactics and player types. IT WILL BE GLORIOUS. You may even get 3! I may have to reconsider hating localization for handheld games this generation, even if by only a bit.

Edit: From what non-Famitsu folks have said about its quality, The Last Story ought not be dominating this topic. Name-changing is lame (especially one as normal as that), but soccer-Pokemon role-playing game by Level-5 with a Mitsuda soundtrack! Guys! Focus!

Shiggy

Toth said:
Does the "Last World" title make sense in the context of the game's story? For that matter, did "The Last Story"?

As if they cared about the context. They could've called it "The Last Champagne-Drinking Ape From The Last World". Now that I think about it I wonder why they didn't, would've loved to see that just for NuclearMuffin's reaction.

squall23

The thing that Inazuma Eleven has that Pokemon doesn't: upgrades on techniques.

Let's see when/if we'll get IE3.

Fuck yeah Inazuma 2!!!!

And fuck yeah also for last story, we already knew it but im still excited. Thank you NoE, I dont mind you changing names, at leats you are bringing them here, and even starting to dub them to different european languages (at least NoE's spanish dubs have been good, so I dont mind they are starting that trend)

WillyFive

Why did they change the name? The Last Story was so much better, and there was actually a reason for it (Sakaguchi's 'last game' and all that).

Still, better than nothing. Nintendo of America sucks.

Willy105 said:
Why did they change the name? The Last Story was so much better, and there was actually a reason for it (Sakaguchi's 'last game' and all that).

I'll just think of it as Sakaguchi's 'last world' that he is going to create.

Oh, and day one import however I can swing that.

hatchx

Banned
Nuclear Muffin said:

Better to get 'The Last World' in europe than _______ in NA.

Top Bottom