• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most of 'Big Hero 6' cast back for animated series

Status
Not open for further replies.
L56nfBQ.jpg

http://deadline.com/2016/11/big-her...e-roles-disney-xd-animated-series-1201847587/

Disney XD’s upcoming animated series Big Hero 6 will reunite much of the original cast from the Oscar-winning feature film.

Reprising their roles are: Maya Rudolph as Aunt Cass; Jamie Chung as no-nonsense, speed genius, Go Go; Scott Adsit as huggable robot, Baymax; Alan Tudyk as tech guru, Alistair Krei; Ryan Potter as tech genius, Hiro; Genesis Rodriguez as quirky scientist, Honey Lemon; David Shaughnessy as the butler, Heathcliff; and Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee as Fred’s dad.

Also joining the main voice cast are Khary Payton (The Lion Guard) as control freak Wasabi and Brooks Wheelan (Saturday Night Live) as fanboy Fred.

The series picks up immediately following the events of the feature film and continues the adventures and friendship of 14-year-old tech genius Hiro and his compassionate, cutting-edge robot Baymax. Along with their friends Wasabi, Honey Lemon, Go Go and Fred, they form the legendary superhero team Big Hero 6 and embark on high-tech adventures as they protect their city from an array of scientifically enhanced villains. In his normal day-to-day life, Hiro faces daunting academic challenges and social trials as the new prodigy at San Fransokyo Institute of Technology.

Additional guest cast includes: Jenifer Lewis (black-ish) as strict Professor Granville; Andrew Scott (Sherlock) as villain Obake; comedian Andy Richter as Globby; Diedrich Bader (American Housewife) as Bluff Dunder; Susan Sullivan (Castle) as Fred’s mother; Sean Giambrone (The Goldbergs) as Richardson Mole; John Ross Bowie (Speechless) as Mel; and Haley Tju (Bella and the Bulldogs) as classmate Karmi.

It feels better suited for an animated series anyway. I liked the movie, but found it to be among the worst of the Disney Marvel adaptations and among the worst theatrically released Disney animated movie since Tangled.

Bummer they couldn't get TJ Miller back as Fred; he was my favorite part of the movie (slightly edging out Scott Adsit as Baymax). But pretty impressive they managed to get most of them.

caliph95

It feels better suited for an animated series anyway. I liked the movie, but found it to be among the worst of the Disney Marvel adaptations and among the worst theatrically released Disney animated movie since Tangled.
It almost seems like with little tweaks it could be pilot for a new series.

Fancolors

Movie was okay-ish, but I really want more San Fransokyo.

The story's premise is better suited for an episodic series anyway.

Mugsy

Additional guest cast includes: Jenifer Lewis (black-ish)

Out of context and with the forgotten capitalization, "Black-ish" looks like a random description of Jenifer Lewis instead of a TV Show.

Violet_0

Banned
I've come to realize that I don't actually care about any of these characters, but hey I'm not their target demographic

the artwork in the credits of BH6 was cute, though

Those 4 supporting heroes were so paper-thin and underdeveloped they detracted from the movie that they even took up screentime. An animated series can at least flesh them out a little.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm looking forward to this. I loved the movie aesthetically, but the characters were underdeveloped and everything the villain did was entirely nonsensical.

All the problems of the movie can be fixed in a TV series. Hope the animation is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom