• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most satisfying long-range combat?

Hey GAF, was thinking about the game with the most satisfying long range combat. For me it'd have to be RE4, both the pistols and the sniper rifles are immaculate to aim with and snipe far away enemies with. Something about the camera angle combined with the precision of the laser makes the pistols really fun to hit far away enemies with, and the aiming with the sniper rifles is something else. On the Gamecube original it's really fun to use the C stick to cozily zoom in on your targets heads. So that's why RE4 is my favorite for long range shooting in video games. Runner up choices for me are fighting games with characters with long range hit options, it's fun to spam opponents with for example grenades, other projectiles, etc.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Battlefield games always have good gunplay, and really fun sniping. The best gunplay system in gaming belongs to PUBG, though their feedback system and sound is a bit lacking so it hurts the overall package.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Skyrim wasn’t fun to me until I discovered being an Archer is the best combat type. It’s a blast.

SpiceRacz

There's something uniquely satisfying about blowing people's heads off with VATS.

tumblr_mm8724gWDl1s260nco1_500.gif

Desudzer10

Headshots on sniper elite on the hardest difficulty is definitely most satisfying. But funnest is the original pistol in Halo: CE

Top Bottom