• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most Shameful Gaming Setup wins 40" LCD in Finland

Taurus

Thrillhouse said:
My setup about three years ago, now I have 40" HDTV a better sound setup, a cough, a clean room and the bed in another room :p
Did you get the cough from cleaning up that mess?

DSN2K

Jeff-DSA said:
BEHOLD THE TOWER OF POWER!!! :lol :lol :lol

myxboxsetup.jpg

what angle must he sit at to see the screen ? :lol

My friends setup is pure disgusting. about 8 different fast food deliveries sitting around, dishes that havent been washed in weeks, a friends room is its own humid climate, due to food, they have gnats swarming in a few of the rooms. Ive almost puked a fwe times from the smell of the kitchen.

Pureauthor said:
If we'd just entered the 'Gahiggidy's basement pic', we'd have won and we could've sold the TV on E-Bay or something.

Anybody have a link to the original thread? As much as the picture is absolute perfection, that thread was just as good for the reactions.

It really was a GAF classic.

Mojovonio

Banned
sonycowboy said:
Anybody have a link to the original thread? As much as the picture is absolute perfection, that thread was just as good for the reactions.

It really was a GAF classic.

What happened to the classic thread board?

mollipen

Polari said:
I'm pretty sure that double bed is a case of wishful thinking.

I have a queen-sized bed no matter if I'm sleeping alone or with somebody. How anybody can stand to sleep in a single I'll never know.

Anyhow, not to just repeat what has already been said plenty of times, but the winner's set-up is less shameful "gaming setup" wise and more shameful "clear your damn place" wise. Being a messy bitch shouldn't be rewarded with a nice HDTV.

Daigoro

DontStopTheTatakai said:
I think this wins

except for the fact that its quite obviously a fake.

bigfatgameguy said:
My friends setup is pure disgusting. about 8 different fast food deliveries sitting around, dishes that havent been washed in weeks, a friends room is its own humid climate, due to food, they have gnats swarming in a few of the rooms. Ive almost puked a fwe times from the smell of the kitchen.

edgfatalhuff041707wq7.jpg

Fusebox

Banned
Rofl @ the tower of power, I'd need a neck readjustment if I had a games session there on a regular height chair.

Bildi

I must say, the winner of the prize was not deserving at all. There's lots of good equipment in that room, it's just messy as hell.
Alien Bob said:
THIS on the other hand is truly shameful and gets me every time. Even moreso than the Gahiggidy setup because it's real. :lol

JRW

Bildi said:
THIS on the other hand is truly shameful and gets me every time. Even moreso than the Gahiggidy setup because it's real. :lol

Holy crap ..that is just insanely bad.

manzo

Crypto said:
Didn't you hear, Finland is leading the world in pretty much everything now. (partial truth, after watching the recent news about everything from education to broadband ownership)

They're like the United Arab Emirates over there.

Dude, we're not getting HDTV until 2010! We are getting very, very outdated in the technology race with the swedes. :(

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
mug said:
How the hell does that stay up there? Damn TV weighs about 200lbs.
If that is the 30" 16:9 CRT, it would weigh about 150lbs. The 34" weighs 200 lbs while the 27" 4:3 weighs 100 lbs.

Regardless, that's a lot of weight to place on that tower. I can't believe it has lasted.

Reallink

I wouldn't be surprised if the "40" LCD" is some super off-brand (like Viore or Spectre), and the interior designer tries to replace his full size speakers with some shitty HTiB fare--both of which would represent significant downgrades over what he has now (which is really nice). Only thing shameful is the guys laziness.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
FortNinety said:
When I first saw this topic's title, that pic instantly came to mind. Man, I still remember the thread where it first came from...
What thread was it? I have to see it. :lol

The platinum GameCube with the purple wired controller. The GameCube hooked up to the VCR THEN to the TV. So many small touches of brilliance in this picture.

Edit: Damn, this is old.

Edit: Damn, my question was answered already.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Cheesemeister said:

This gets posted all the time but I think it pales in comparison to that one kid with the 13" tv and that crappy wooden stand that a cat he found lived in.

I wish I could find that thread.

:lol

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I do not know it it is my Connection at work but the Gahiggidy post pics are not loading, any one got them at all?

Top Bottom