• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorsports |OT| of Endurance Racing, Nascar, Rally, Sportscars, MotoGP, etc

It looks like Lance Stroll is trying to be the new Maldonado or Cecotto. His awful attempt at defending his lead today in the second F3-race at Spa took out the entire top three.

Shaneus

Dilly

Banned
Jesus, what a fucking idiot. Why isn't he fucking banned already? Not only a risk to championship contenders but to the health and safety of everyone in that race. Not just stupid but fucking dangerous.

I hope that's not it. He should have his F3 license revoked completely.

His daddy is a billionaire.

Was contemplating going to Assen but decided not to. It still doesn't sit well with me because I wonder if this will be the last time that Rossi can win on this track.

Holy shit Ajo on his knees over the finish!

Tekniqs

Great finish
Marc complaining about the action at the chicane...pretty rich coming from him lol

Wonder if his and Vale's relationship will start to sour from this point forward....

thefro

lol, of course Cindric is whining about there being a pack.

Just tuned in a bit ago but will have to watch the replay. Folks on twitter saying this is a legendary race.

Glad they did red flag it to try to finish under green.

DD

Stock Car drivers trying a new circuit... before it gets paved.

stockcar-br-demonstracao-curvelo-2015-lucas-foresti-em-curvelo.jpg

More pics here: http://br.motorsport.com/stockcar-b...ck-car-fazem-demonstracao-em-nova-pista-em-mg

B.K.

Weather hates NBC confirmed. Daytona looks really wet, don't think a race is happening tonight.

NBC made NASCAR and Daytona push the race back from the Saturday night time slot that it has had for decades because they say that July 4 is the worst night of the year for ratings because people are out doing stuff. They would have gotten a lot more people to watch it last night than they will tomorrow at noon.

Chris R

NBC made NASCAR and Daytona push the race back from the Saturday night time slot that it has had for decades because they say that July 4 is the worst night of the year for ratings because people are out doing stuff. They would have gotten a lot more people to watch it last night than they will tomorrow at noon.

Yup, I'll watch it, but after I've gotten home from work and will fast forward through most of it.

B.K.

Yup, I'll watch it, but after I've gotten home from work and will fast forward through most of it.

I don't have a DVR. I'll have to try to listen to what I can on the radio and hope someone has put the race on Youtube by the time I get home.

They're going to kill a bunch of fans one day with the cars flying into the fence at the plate tracks like this. This is at least the 3rd bad one in the past few years. Bobby Allison having the same kind of crash is what prompted the restrictor plates in the first place, but what's the point if the pack racing is going to catapult them into the stands anyway.

Also, Stewart's on-board view of that was one of the most insane things I've ever seen.

Talamius

I'd rather they bring the tandem racing back. Sooner or later one of these cars is going to make it to the stands if they keep pack racing.

Easily one of the worst crashes I have ever seen. Austin literally went from 190 to 0 almost instantly.

Vicious

The catch fence is going to be talked about, but even though some debris hit the fans, the car still stayed in the track which is damn impressive at that speed.

Chris R

They can't keep racing like this at Daytona and Talladega. Not only for the drivers but for the fans too.

Indycar took measures after the Las Vegas crash a few years ago when Dan Wheldon died (worst wreck I've see to date, this was up there for NASCAR crashes tho) but still might need to make further changes after their race in Fontana.

Bsigg12

Yea, a 180 mph to 0 in just a second and kept it on the track minus a few parts that caught some fans. Just unreal. I'm sure they'll have him on medical watch tonight because that's a ton of force to the body of Austin Dillon.

A crazy end to a somewhat crazy race.

That was insane. The way the car flipped was so weird, he didn't even get backwards all the way yet he still got airborne.

Unfortunately Daytona and Talladega are going to be this way until the tracks lose grip and get bumpy again. That's the only way these big packs are going to break up.

Also since no one posted a link to the crash here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ygym8e9KEM

Jibbed

I just got back from the race, I was up pretty high in Turn 1 but got a decent view.

The catch fencing was absolutely destroyed but the amount of debris that made it to the crowd was minimal. How Austin just got up out the car and walked away, I don't know.

Top Bottom