• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorsports |OT| of Endurance Racing, Nascar, Rally, Sportscars, MotoGP, etc

Dishwalla

Banned
Are they going to replay this on TV somewhere? I know when Fox has the rights they replay the races on Fox Sports 1 or 2, but I'm not sure about when NBC has the rights.

B.K.

Are they going to replay this on TV somewhere? I know when Fox has the rights they replay the races on Fox Sports 1 or 2, but I'm not sure about when NBC has the rights.

There was something called NASCAR 120 on NBC Sports today from 2:30-5:00. I guess that was the replay.

B.K.

I never would have thought Kyle would have a chance to get into the Chase when he came back. Now, it looks like he's going to make it.

dubc35

Confused by the winter there for a sec but then figured it out, lol.

It would be an interesting descent of the mountain in the snow.

B.K.

Kyle Busch is on fire right now. Three wins in eight races. I wouldn't have thought he'd be this good when he came back. There's no way he doesn't make the Chase.

B.K.

Pretty good truck race at Eldora tonight. I wish they would cut the field by about 10 trucks though. There were too many drivers tonight who didn't know how to race on dirt and wrecked too many times.

Chris R

Pretty good truck race at Eldora tonight. I wish they would cut the field by about 10 trucks though. There were too many drivers tonight who didn't know how to race on dirt and wrecked too many times.

That trump truck spun a bunch of times, and it wouldn't be a truck race without JWT spinning a few times

jbW8VoJ.gif

Jezbollah

For any bike fans, the Suzuka 8hour race is in a few hours.

British Eurosport are covering it live and in full starting at 2:45am UK time - I suspect there will be streams based off that coverage.

A ton of Superbike and MotoGP regulars are taking part, and also Casey Stoner..

dubc35

Haha, 24h of Spa announcers know how to sign off, "It's time for a beer, goodnight!"

edit, onboard night coverage at Spa is some eerie shit. One of the cameras is set to Silent Hill mode, it's fucked

Shaneus

Haha, 24h of Spa announcers know how to sign off, "It's time for a beer, goodnight!"

edit, onboard night coverage at Spa is some eerie shit. One of the cameras is set to Silent Hill mode, it's fucked
Shit, was that this past weekend too? What a weekend for motorsports.

Dilly

Banned
BMW ruling out participation in LMP1 because it wants to push their electric vehicles, but also rule out FE as long as there are car swaps.

Looks like they aren't interested in competing.

DD

A little too much, isn't it?

Happened yesterday at Stock Car practice session at Curitiba.

stockcar-br-curitiba-2-2015-cachorros-invadem-pista-em-curitiba.jpg

A few weeks ago the same happened at Santa Cruz do Sul, but with a wild dog.

fotolucaduca.jpg

No animal was harmed.

Highly controversial move by Audi in today's DTM race: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d08rS9wOeI

And now Audi's Mattias Ekström is the new overall leader after Wehrlein's 'unfortunate' crash.

That was some unsportsmanlike driving by all of them.

I kind of like Scheiders push since it was so perfect - a small tap and two opponents off while he made the corner. He will probably argue that Wickens was breaking too soon to keep him off Wehrlein.

Shaneus

That was some unsportsmanlike driving by all of them.

I kind of like Scheiders push since it was so perfect - a small tap and two opponents off while he made the corner. He will probably argue that Wickens was breaking too soon to keep him off Wehrlein.
It's the sort of tap that feels like it happens in video games. AI gives you a tiny tap, enough to fuck your race while they get off scot-free.

BMW ruling out participation in LMP1 because it wants to push their electric vehicles, but also rule out FE as long as there are car swaps.

Looks like they aren't interested in competing.
???

Not sure I'm able to parse this. Are they saying the ACO rules don't go far enough wrt electric vehicles, or that they go too far?

Robbie Maddison is at it again, folks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDi9uFcD7XI
I want this as a racing series, and I want it yesterday.

Thank god they seemed to have saved Milwaukee, at least for the time being.

RA, Phoenix, and Mexico are all hugely welcome, although IndyCar will get the very short end of the stick running Hermanos Rodríguez three months after F1 does. There's no Adrian Fernandez to draw 400k like they did in the CART days.

Bandit1

Gordon keeps picking up spots, slowly but surely. I'm hoping he can at least win one race and make the chase this year. Nice to see the retro rainbow as well!

50 laps later: Ah, well so much for that..

Vicious

Horrible crash in the Indy race at Pocono. Justin Wilson was apparently hit in the head by crash debris. Being airlifted to the hospital.

B.K.

I don't watch much Indycar, but I turned it after Vicious's post. Do they always end under caution when there are just a few laps to go and try to keep the victory lane celebrations toned down when a driver is hurt, or is this a sign Wilson is dead and they're just waiting to announce it?

Top Bottom