• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorsports |OT| of Endurance Racing, Nascar, Rally, Sportscars, MotoGP, etc

DD

BMW unveils new GT challenger

automotive-bmw-m6-gt3-unveil-2015-the-bmw-m6-gt3.jpg

dubc35

I'm here at the circuit. Lots of pit stop violations, Porsche 17 might be hosed despite the lead.

And agree, stupid name.

It looked like you probably had every seat to yourself; really empty but I guess what do they expect on a Saturday during football season in Texas.

Shaneus

That's such a shame. Hopefully they could schedule it a little better next year so it doesn't clash with anything.

I might make the journey there next year for it if they up the spectacle of it and it isn't dead. They have good pinball in Texas, two birds with one stone.

B.K.

EPSN's sources have been leaking some big NASCAR news.

• Clint Bowyer goes to the 51 car at HScott Motorsports for the 2016 season.
  • Tony Stewart is retiring at the end of the 2016 season.
  • Clint Bowyer is going to take over the 14 in 2017.

Ouchy. Watching the in-car on that first big hit made me flinch.

They should really take a look at how the gear stick is placed in the car. It clearly broke his leg, and it seems obvious now that would be the outcome in a big crash.

Bathurst update: Mostert underwent surgery this morning to set the bones, he'll be fine but his season is over and 7 marshals were treated by the Docs, 6 had shock and 1 had minor injuries and has been release AOK.

Also this happened this morning at the track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sZ3u4lJm3E

Fractured ribs and a punctured lung but will be fine.

Speeds are only going up at Bathurst, track safety hasn't really improved and driving standards especially in lower categories are only getting worse. At some point in the near future some serious decisions are going to have to be made about the tracks future.

Dead Man

First v8supercar race I've seen all year, and for the first time since I was a young kid 30 years ago I don't give a rats arse about it compared to previous years. Wankers sending it to pay TV killed my interest. Still love the race, just don't care about the series or who wins. Well done guys! :/

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
Shocking news! 6 Hours of Fuji in the rain! Safety car start! Go! So many exclamation points!

2 cars spinning on the formation lap, lol

hmm...

Was there last year but couldn't make it this year. Probably for the best because I'm a little sick and the weather is terrible.

In other Motorsport news, the moto3, moto2 and motogp races at motegi have been given the go ahead today despite not having a medical helicopter available. The nearest hospital is 50 minutes away by road. Got my fingers crossed that there are no accidents today. Whoever allowed the relaxing of the helicopter rule is putting lives at risk.

Was there last year but couldn't make it this year. Probably for the best because I'm a little sick and the weather is terrible.

In other Motorsport news, the moto3, moto2 and motogp races at motegi have been given the go ahead today despite not having a medical helicopter available. The nearest hospital is 50 minutes away by road. Got my fingers crossed that there are no accidents today. Whoever allowed the relaxing of the helicopter rule is putting lives at risk.

Seems a crazy decision after what happened to Elias yesterday.

Shaneus

First v8supercar race I've seen all year, and for the first time since I was a young kid 30 years ago I don't give a rats arse about it compared to previous years. Wankers sending it to pay TV killed my interest. Still love the race, just don't care about the series or who wins. Well done guys! :/
Ugh, same. Though seeing Ambrose as one of the secondary drivers did get me a little enthusiastic about it.

A little.

You mean De Angelis.

Glad Rossi could extend his lead a tiny bit at least. Gonna be mighty hard but today was an important step, specially considering how it looked 10 laps from the end.

No idea why I was thinking Elias.

De Angelis' condition has worsened overnight, they've found an inter-cranial bleed now. :(

Dead Man

Ugh, same. Though seeing Ambrose as one of the secondary drivers did get me a little enthusiastic about it.

A little.

Yeah, that was nice. But yeah, they killed the category for me, really. But hell, F1 has done the same thing. I was downloading or streaming the races at the start of the season, but a crappy season combined with half the races on pay tv just isn't worth the hassle to me.

Shaneus

Yeah, that was nice. But yeah, they killed the category for me, really. But hell, F1 has done the same thing. I was downloading or streaming the races at the start of the season, but a crappy season combined with half the races on pay tv just isn't worth the hassle to me.
Yup, majority of motorsports have gone down the toilet with the complete lack of FTA coverage, at least here in Australia. Next year I'll be tempted to get a full WEC sub, if only I remember when the actual races are on. I think I'll find it better to dedicate a half a day to watching a race once a month rather than an hour or two here or there whenever I might get to see an F1 race (maybe).

I'd even be happy if there was an easy way to get all races of any particular format so long as it was on a regular basis. Brazilian Stock Car, WTCC, whatever. Even WRC is a better spectator sport than F1 and V8SC is now.

FWIW Star Sports India streams all the F1 races for free (did charge at the start of the season, $10AU total but then refunded it) (and "live", with a delay of around 30s or so, but that's internets for you) so all you need is a Getflix sub for it to work. Sometimes I watch it in bed with the iPad app and it's pretty fantastic.

Spookie

Yup, majority of motorsports have gone down the toilet with the complete lack of FTA coverage, at least here in Australia.

UK is guilty of it for F1. Looks like Sky are loosing interest in it though which means, no doubt, BT will try to pick it up to spite them. Ideally Eurosport would have everything since it's the cheapest and most accessible channel for everyone. BT Sport is doing a damn fine job of supporting all aspects of motorsport and still allowing some to stream online or put up highlights on Youtube.

Speaking of F1: Them putting the European race on the same weekend as Le Mans is some world class bullshit. I hope the viewers tank for them.

Shaneus

Speaking of F1: Them putting the European race on the same weekend as Le Mans is some world class bullshit. I hope the viewers tank for them.
What's the European race? There's a good chance I won't watch it (live), much rather spend $15 or whatever to get a full weekend's worth of coverage for Le Mans.

I don't think it affects me all that much anyway, have a feeling it happens at a pathetic time for Australians.

Chris R

What's the European race? There's a good chance I won't watch it (live), much rather spend $15 or whatever to get a full weekend's worth of coverage for Le Mans.

I don't think it affects me all that much anyway, have a feeling it happens at a pathetic time for Australians.

Azerbaijan I believe?

Good luck getting people to watch this junker of a track over the beauty that is LeMans.

Shaneus

Aye, for some reason they are calling it the European GP. You know because Britain, Belgium and Germany aren't in the EU. Fuck them for taking away Hulks chance at defending his title.

LCnCRPK.gif
Wouldn't surprise me if he pulls a sickie.

Edit: I think it'll start around 8am our time, if my calcs are correct (and it starts around 2pm local). Still, I know where my eyes will be.

And yes, that track looks like a right turd. F1 doing all they can to make sure I won't be back next year. I've already downgraded my usual 4-day premium ticket at Melbourne next year to a one-day general admission on the Saturday... can imagine a number of others are doing the same.

Business

Rossi could and should have make his move for third stick but went too long again. That's happening way too much lately and it's costing him dearly. He will have to buy Marquez a couple of drinks tonight.

dubc35

http://rallytakeover.kinja.com/petter-solberg-puts-his-rallycross-citroen-up-for-sale-1737612800 - Petter Solberg listed his World Rallycross car for sale

With his former teammate at Subaru, Tommi Mäkinen, leading the Toyota comeback in the WRC, could Petter join for doing testing and selected events next year? Do Toyota have such belief in Solberg and his WorldRX team that they want to make him responsible for a factory effort? Or does Solberg have another ace up his sleeve? What is certain here, is that his career has taken a step in the right direction after a couple of seasons in rallycross.
I don't care if Tommi is too old, I want Makinen and Solberg WRC cars next year. It would be like a flashback to an era when drivers not named Sebastien were allowed to win the championship.

Top Bottom