• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

movie and tv show licensed games you really liked?

Psyae

I think I'm the only person who liked 24: The Game. It gets bashed a lot, but I can't see anything wrong with it at all (feel free to laugh at me)

halfbeast

Banned
I know AVGN made a (great) episode of this game and its sequels but I really enjoyed it, loved the soundtrack in particular!

thumbnail.asp

most others were already named (astroboy omega factor deserves another mention). will add Aliens on the Commodore 64 (there were two for some reason) to the list. crazy good survival horror game!

aliens_(electric_dreams)%20c64.gif

mcdonalds.jpg

Treasure's original IPs are better, but their licensed titles are still plenty fun to play.

Jew-Class.jpg

I fell out of my chair laughing when I saw this.

Of all the Disney licensed games, this is my fave:
aladdin.jpg

Duck Tales is very very good but this is magic.

Turtles in Time, all the Konami licensed beat em ups(especially The Simpsons and XMen) D&D Shadow over Mystaria, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic,

Besides the obvious ones,

Disney Platformers in the NES/SNES/Genesis era
Goldeneye
KOTR
South Park: Stick Of Truth

Does this count?

Injustice_Gods_Among_Us_Cover_Art.jpg

Because if it does, that. I really enjoyed it.

mclem

As far as I'm concerned, Phantom 2040 is secretly one of the best SNES licensed games. Good graphics, awesome soundtrack, one of the best rope swinging mechanics I've seen in a 2D game, ability to make weapon combos, branching paths that would give you totally different levels (and end bosses)... I was very fond of it as a kid.

vJib8Tp.jpg

How does that gun work? It seems to be both attached around his wrist (like Samus's/Mega Man's arm cannon) *and* held in his hand.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
boxart.jpg

Blair Witch games, particularly the first episode of the three. Wasn't perfect, but had a great atmosphere and some stand-out moments, much like the film.

I really enjoyed that Matrix game on the PS2. Dat wall running slo-mo.

Oh and 24: The Video Game was pretty awesome. But I played that literally after finishing watching the series at the time so my vision of how good that game actually was, was rather tainted haha.

BrumGB

The Warriors was pretty ace at the time, loved that game!

Honourable mention for the James Bond games around the ps1, ps2 time, I always remember them being pretty good for licenced film games. (Nightfire split screen multiplayer was ace remote control rockets YEAHH.)

Edit: How could I have even forgot about Star Wars Battlefront! also brilliant playing coop with friends. (and single player)

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Quite a few Disney games.
Ducktales
Ducktales 2
Ducktales Remastered
Castle of Illusion HD (I do not like the original one a lot though)
Donald Duck Quack Attack (Crash Bandicoot style game in Rayman 2's engine)
Donald Duck is PK / Paperinik (action platformer, based on my favourite comic book series next to Asterix, so maybe a bit biased here, but still, I found it to be fun and hate all Asterix games)
Quackshot starring Donald Duck
Epic Mickey
Epic Mickey 2 (both may not be outstanding, but still really nice games)
Aladdin (I only know the PC version)

Then the three Arkham games:
Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham City
Batman Arkham Origins
Injustice (though I prefer the Arkham games)

South Park: Stick of Truth (world design is rather boring inr egards to gameplay, but the fighting system and the story are great fun)

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Rogue Leader GC
Goldeneye 64
The Blues Brothers SNES
Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis
KOTOR
Aladdin MD
Blade Runner
Rebel Assault
Super Star Wars trilogy SNES
Spiderman 2 GC