• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MoviePass (Unlimited Films in Theaters) Drops to $9.95 a Month

Aselith

I mean good, but my UK equivalent is like double that price for a single chain of cinemas >.<

ndweC.jpg

kaskade

Got my dad to sign up too after I told him about it. Probably good because he's always down to see movies with me so we can both make use of it.

Ionic

I see my local theater is a Landmark where the CEO has publicly stated he doesn't want to be a part of it. Get with the program ya dinosaur. I don't go to the theaters. I want to start.

smisk

I was finally able to register. I wonder if there'll be a delay getting the cards out because of so many people signing up?

Aselith

100,000 is very achievable at this price as long as their investors have them enough cash to make sure they don’t bleed to death first

Yeah 100k is a pretty modest goal tbh. Any movie buff will see the value in this.

If they can get their shit together, 1 million first year seem doable.

McBryBry

And I'm through, sort of. Account was charged for 9.95. The site just tells me 'user already exists' instead of letting me continue after putting in card info. No confirmation email, app won't let me log in.

Edit: Jk app just let me log in.

Their app is awful. Doesn't give you any indication you've actually clicked a button at any time. Coupled with the servers being crippled and basically just nothing is happening.

McBryBry

Their app is awful. Doesn't give you any indication you've actually clicked a button at any time. Coupled with the servers being crippled and basically just nothing is happening.

This is where I'm at. All the tabs just lead to emptiness due to everything crashing.

Lifeline

The sale terms came out. Helios and Matheson Analytics paid $27 million for a 51% stake in MoviePass: http://deadline.com/2017/08/moviepa...blic-new-sub-terms-sale-data-firm-1202149402/

H&M will give MoviePass $2 million worth of additional shares if it gets 150,000 subs within 15 months after the deal closes.

Looks like they want to achieve all their milestones right from the start. I wouldn't be suprised if they closed to new signups right after they reach 150,000 and get their shares. Then spend the rest of the months figuring out how to make any of this profitable.

I've finally been charged and I just got a confirmation email. I had been retrying in the app over and over again though so hopefully it only went through once. Still haven't been able to login at all.

This is where I'm at. All the tabs just lead to emptiness due to everything crashing.

Tried to just go through the browser instead, now I'm just endlessly stuck on "Start Your Free Trial" purportedly the last step.

Edit: Ok nevermind apparently it all went trough just didn't tell me.

That milestone goal seems very reasonable and shouldn't freak out people who think the deal will go away just cause the website is down.

Called my local AMC that is listed as working on their site. My theater said that they do not accept it.

I've heard that theaters will often say that since they don't know what it is. It acts just like a credit card, so there is technically no way they would even be able to decline it if you use a kiosk.

rjinaz

Called my local AMC that is listed as working on their site. My theater said that they do not accept it.

Technically they don't. This has nothing to do with the theateres. It's a debit card basically.

I have a master card debit card for PERKTV that I load my points up on and can use it pretty much anywhere including AMC and if I asked them if they accept it they would likely tell me no.

Toki767

I've heard that theaters will often say that since they don't know what it is. It acts just like a credit card, so there is technically no way they would even be able to decline it if you use a kiosk.

So where do you go to claim your ticket exactly? The kiosk next to the box office?

Or is it just a QR code type thing that gets printed out when you go to give your ticket stub?

So where do you go to claim your ticket exactly? The kiosk next to the box office?

Or is it just a QR code type thing that gets printed out when you go to give your ticket stub?

It's like a debit card. And once you choose a movie on the app, it loads the exact amount you need onto the card so you can buy the ticket.

Ok now I'm a little worried about that. All my theatres were listed on the search feature. It's rediculously hard to know what is honored and where there's no easy search functionality it seems. The one I used I found from doing forum searches and that may not be accurate.

xRaizen

Okay so since the site isn't working for me, does anyone in Orlando, FL have it and know that a lot of theaters support it?

Also, does CityWalk's AMC theater work for this?

Toki767

It's like a debit card. And once you choose a movie on the app, it loads the exact amount you need onto the card so you can buy the ticket.

Hmm..interesting. How does that work with theaters that do reserved seating?

So your ticket isn't actually saved/bought until you "buy" the ticket at the theater?

Top Bottom