• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MoviePass (Unlimited Films in Theaters) Drops to $9.95 a Month

harSon

Banned
Got mine. I ordered it at like 7am the morning it was announced, but my girlfriend didn't and she ordered like 20 minutes after me.

I mean..................................................................... is 10 bucks a month for access to a movie in theaters every single day not a good deal to you............?
Oh it's no issue at all! I just didn't read and I thought it was 10 every year. 10 a month is still nothing though.

I thought it was funny cause I didn't read right.

Oh it's no issue at all! I just didn't read and I thought it was 10 every year. 10 a month is still nothing though.

I thought it was funny cause I didn't read right.

Hahahaha, no worries. $10 is already insane value that $10 a year would just be like...Jesus, the world would never be the same. Hahahaha

Anyone with an activated card have tips for getting the app to work? They removed the contact phone number; I can't get theaters to show up and showtimes are only visible for a split-second. The card tab just gives me an order button.

Very different experience from a year ago. I know I've been preaching patience... Was more curious if anyone is actually having success in highly-trafficked areas (NYC for example).

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I signed up and hope to have my card in less then a week. I'm actually excited about this.

This is made for people like me who probably don't get out to theatres very much. The enthusiasts will love it.

Diebuster

I activated my card last night and the app still isn't registering it. Just tells me to order a card for more theaters.

Anyone with an activated card have tips for getting the app to work? They removed the contact phone number; I can't get theaters to show up and showtimes are only visible for a split-second. The card tab just gives me an order button.

Use IE. I did it with Chrome and the app was giving me the same problems you guys are having.

If you don't see the button to activate the card, type in javascript:activateCard() in your address bar to force it to appear. Type in the last four digits of your card and you should be golden. The theater list should populate and your card will appear in the app now.

Use IE. I did it with Chrome and the app was giving me the same problems you guys are having.

If you don't see the button to activate the card, type in javascript:activateCard() in your address bar to force it to appear. Type in the last four digits of your card and you should be golden. The theater list should populate and your card will appear in the app now.
I just did that and the app still isn't populating with theaters or saying my card is active. I'm assuming though I can use the card whenever I go in the theater?

bigkrev

Got my card yesterday! Think i'm going to try it tonight and see Logan Lucky.

If it's a reserved seat theater, I go to the theater, open the app, "buy" the ticket in the app (reserving a seat), and then I just walk up to the window and say "1 for Logan Lucky", pick the same seat, and then swipe my card?

I just did that and the app still isn't populating with theaters or saying my card is active. I'm assuming though I can use the card whenever I go in the theater?

The card needs to show up in your app in some form because you "reserve" the ticket through the app and then it puts the funds on the card. Then you purchase the ticket at the ticket window or kiosk by swiping the card.

kaskade

Thanks for this tip, finally got it to pop up. Had to use desktop chrome as it wasn’t working on my iPad.

Got mine but it wasn't working after registering. Tweeted at moviepass and they contacted me and fixed within 15 minutes last night. I was impressed.

They should hire you. Thank you!

clemmy

Got my card yesterday and activated it. Theaters still wouldn't populate in app (Android) and when I looked at my MoviePass card section in the app it said something along the lines of "reviews not available" -whatever that means. Went on website again, activated again, reinstalled the app, and logged in again. Theaters instantly populated and my card is shown in app. Hoping that means everything is copacetic now. If anyone has that same issue, give those steps a shot.

harSon

Banned
Got my card yesterday and activated it. Theaters still wouldn't populate in app (Android) and when I looked at my MoviePass card section in the app it said something along the lines of "reviews not available" -whatever that means. Went on website again, activated again, reinstalled the app, and logged in again. Theaters instantly populated and my card is shown in app. Hoping that means everything is copacetic now. If anyone has that same issue, give those steps a shot.

Where's the option to activate the card online?

katkombat

Banned

Very different experience from a year ago. I know I've been preaching patience... Was more curious if anyone is actually having success in highly-trafficked areas (NYC for example).

Same exact experience as me. Except my fucking card still hasn't came and it's been over a week

Kitoro

Man.. I ordered day one, and they created two duplicate accounts for me due to a web glitch. I emailed them about it, and still haven't heard back. They must be swamped.

Does a card get sent out automatically when you sign up through the website? I'm looking in the App and there's an option for 'Order Card' so I'm not really sure if I was supposed to do this from the App to get the card or if it was already requested

Irony Strikes

Neo Member

My activated card stopped working so I tried this. Didn't fix the issue but I'm going to try and reinstall the app when I get WiFi. I get a screen overlay error every time I reinstall the app and have to start deleting other apps on my phone temporarily. Their app could use some work, to say the least.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I think I asked before and did not figure out an answer. How does this work with little kids if it is tied to an app.

I think I asked before and did not figure out an answer. How does this work with little kids if it is tied to an app.

It doesn't, I don't think? It's one person per account, and each account has to have a smart phone to use the app. I'm pretty sure you literally can't use the service without the app. So if you're a little kid and you don't have a smart phone then you also don't get to have MoviePass.

They have mentioned they're going to bring some kind of family plan out eventually, though.

clemmy

Does a card get sent out automatically when you sign up through the website? I'm looking in the App and there's an option for 'Order Card' so I'm not really sure if I was supposed to do this from the App to get the card or if it was already requested

Mine got sent automatically after sign up. All I ever received was the (somewhat incomplete) confirmation email, no email telling me my card had been shipped.

I activated my card but the app still isn't working when it comes to finding locations through the app :(

How did you activate your card? I don't see anything on their site or app, I tried calling them and it told me to use the app to chat with someone, I used the app and it told me to buy the movie ticket out of pocket and then take a photo of my ticket stub and send it to them for a refund. It's really frustrating because as far as I can tell there is just no way to contact them if you have an issue. They give you a number and an email and a chat window and none of them actual connect me to a human.

I just got my card and I'm at the theater and I still don't understand how it works. It still says no showtimes.

People are spreading misinformation. Theaters will pop up anywhere while things are running smoothly. You don't need to be near one just to see things. The reason you can't see anything is because the servers are fucked.

JettDash

I was kinda skeptical of this. Thought why would theatres accept it. But apparently it is actually a MasterCard debit card. And the company loads the full price of a ticket on every time you buy a movie.

I guess that their business plan is to hope that most people don't use it very often.

BearPawB

Banned
I had a problem with the app not asking for the card, but i deleted it and redownloaded it off the appstore and it works fine.

The theater list is populated.

AndyD

aka andydumi
It doesn't, I don't think? It's one person per account, and each account has to have a smart phone to use the app. I'm pretty sure you literally can't use the service without the app. So if you're a little kid and you don't have a smart phone then you also don't get to have MoviePass.

They have mentioned they're going to bring some kind of family plan out eventually, though.

Thanks, that's very useful. We'd consider it as a family plan, but not until then.

Signed myself and my gf up today, took my adress and CC info, im assuming ill get the cards in a week? The theater list in my app also isnt populating or showing any theaters nearby at all. Seems like its glitched out, does it not populate theaters until you activate your card?

snap

Banned
The way they're failing to handle card activations properly is real annoying.

Signed myself and my gf up today, took my adress and CC info, im assuming ill get the cards in a week? The theater list in my app also isnt populating or showing any theaters nearby at all. Seems like its glitched out, does it not populate theaters until you activate your card?

Yes, yes, and yes.

It will populate. I don't have a card and I can see them. The servers are just fucked.

Top Bottom