• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movies and/or shows you're pretty sure nobody has thought about in a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.

shwimpy

mtv-undressed-logo.jpg

this show was dumb, teenage trash. i loved it.

Perfect Strangers was a staple of my childhood.

Another one of those things I look back at and think "no wonder I'm weird"

12626.jpg

Family Matters would not exist if it wasn't for this show (not saying it was a good thing).
Oz is also a good pick. I think that was the first show that put cable drama on the map.

Going to leave three I'm sure no one has thought about or heard of for more than 20 yrs.
Woops!
The Charmings
Just the Ten of Us

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think about the Spawn cartoon like once a week at least, as do many comic book fans. The show is probably more thought about than the comic.

Dizzy-4U

My mom probably rented this movie for me like 20 times. Used to laugh at it so much.
70FRp.jpg

Everyone knows Mazinger, Grendizer, Robotech, Voltron, etc.. but I never saw anyone mention Dai Apolon. It was one of my favorite robot shows growing up (that and Ironman 28). My only memory of it is how the transformation/fusion felt really painful for the pilot.
XBynC0o.jpg

Nepenthe

I'm on mobile and in bed, so forgive the lack of pics. But hey, it means random-ass cartoons of varying quality. Hope I can jog your memories!:

Original Cartoon Cartoons: (Yucky Duck, Hard Luck Duck, Opossum, Fish and Chips, etc.)
Adventures of the American Rabbit
Millionaire Dogs
O Canada
June Bugs Marathon (and the Superbowl marathon)
Koala Brothers
Raw Toonage (Bonkers and Marsupilami)
Kissifur
Shirt Tales
OG Hanna Barbara (Ruff and Reddy, Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, Snagglepuss, etc.)

Out of this world. Think that's what it was called. About a half alien girl who could freeze time by touching her index fingers together.

zeemumu

I remember buying feardotcom just because the DVD cover looked scary and the synopsis seemed like they wanted to cash in on the ring hype. It was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. They also tried to sell us Germany as New York City lol

It was that bullshit era with stuff like Boogeyman.

mclem

Raw Toonage (Bonkers and Marsupilami)

Bonkers is often on my mind. Partially because I've always liked theme songs that established the premise of the show.

Another theme song that tends to stick in my mind.

Kissifur just missed my list.

Edit: And one that should probably have been on my list, in retrospect:

lsM86cz.jpg

Moschops, stop-motion animated stories about a small dinosaur, interacting with other dinosaurs and the first flower.

Ithil

Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters From Beverly Hills

latest

vlcsnap-2011-03-10-22h44m01s154.png

tattoo-teen-fighters-team.jpg

An ultra low budget Power Rangers knock-off. To the best of my recollection it was absolute rubbish.

I can vivid remember Freaky Links

Anytime I see that main guy from Freaky Link, I freak out and say "IT'S THAT DUDE FROM FREAKY LINKS! HOLY SHIT :0"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom