• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movies and/or shows you're pretty sure nobody has thought about in a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exodust

Banned
Ah fuck it, there's some brits here so maybe they can help:

There's this british show about a bunch of kids working at some videogame company. I think it was by Disney. Could never find it, and tried a bunch of times to look it up to no avail.

And just to add to the thread:

Microsoap.png

Never hear it brought up by anybody, used to be on tv all the time.

Spacejaws

Two childhood memories that I barey hear much about. A few people I've met know of Bucky but I feel like I must have junped through a warphole and watched Space Monkeys I've never met another souls who has seen it except my brother.

ukdvd1.jpg

captain_simian.jpg

ckohler

Automan

3ZsocZ9.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8DJo_p0sns

Basically "TRON" the TV show. Automan is a revolutionary thing called a "hologram" made from a computer program who comes to life and helps his creator fight crime, etc. Except that Automan is kind of a conceited jerk. He can turn into a car, helicopter, etc. Truely the first "automatic man", whatever the hell that means. It even featured a character called "Cursor" that was basically "bit" from TRON.

Misfits of Science

T0C2qxT.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRZWKfeN1u4

Join a group of young, hip scientists who experiments all backfire and gives each a unique superpower. It's like the X-Men mixed with Police Academy. Actually, kind of a charming show that only ran for 15 episodes. It starred Courtney Cox as a psychic in an early TV role.

Forever Knight

RbmwZap.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPhIEG3JYtg

A centuries old vampire decides to repay society for all he's taken by becoming a cop and stopping crime. Of course, he can only go on duty at night. Think Interview With a Vampire mixed with a cop show.

The Wizard of Speed and Time - the director/writer/actor/special effects guy is all about stop motion animation and created a character that could speed around (essentially, The Flash).

The Wizard - No, not the movie starring Fred Savage and Super Mario Bros 3, but a short lived tv show about a genius toy inventor and philanthropist who also happens to be a little person. He goes on adventures cause some bad guy wants to use him for nefarious purposes.

Some nostalgia for older Canadians:

The Dog who Stopped the War

The Peanut Butter Solution

I'm right over the border(MI) and I wonder if you remember some Canadian movie about kids traveling through stamps in the postal system. They would shrink and travel around. I think there was a hobo involved.

-Gozer-

Forever Knight

RbmwZap.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPhIEG3JYtg

A centuries old vampire decides to repay society for all he's taken by becoming a cop and stopping crime. Of course, he can only go on duty at night. Think Interview With a Vampire mixed with a cop show.

Totally forgot about this show.

Watching the intro now made me look up who the composer is to see if it's the same one who did the music for Friday the 13th the Series and it totally is. A very distinct sound.

Magilla

Banned
SpacePrecinct_screen.JPG

Bro and I used to stay up sooooo late on Saturday night to watch. It was... interesting. I needed my scifi fix in any way I could get it.

AlexMogil

I loved, LOVED that show. So much. It had the dark comedy vibes that wasn't on tv at all.

Let's see, for me:

TV: Lottery!: What happens when people win the lottery? A replacement show for Fantasy Island is what.

Salvage 1: Andy Griffith owns a junkyard and builds a rocket to go into space and retrieve junk from the Apollo moon landings to sell it.

The Fall Guy: Lee Majors sang he theme song to his own show where he was a stuntman, who when not working as a stuntman, was a bounty hunter.

Movie: Curly Sue: Jim Belushi in a romantic comedy that features a ten year old girl I guess.

I love dumb tv.

GreenMachine

Neo Member
Mamas_Family_title_screen.jpg

mama's family ran for seven years. what on earth. can someone who was around in the eighties explain? when is the last time you heard someone mention mama's family?
i don't think this has been mentioned yet so maybe i'm the oddball

Manu

Holy fuck! I used to watch this all the time as kid, and as a dumb kid I thought it was linked to MK somehow.

After reviewing youtube footage, I have to say that it was basically Lucha Underground before Lucha Underground.

Well, that's Ho Sung Pak, aka Liu Kang in MK1 and MK2, so maybe that's why.

The guy at the background fought Liu Kang in the MK movie too.

alston_hakim1.jpg

I keep thinking about it every so often even though I haven't seen it! I don't know why!

Now when was the last time you thought of Lexx, the finest of weird sci-fi? Never? I thought so.

Lexx-cast.jpg

There is something wierd about this show that I absolutely loved. Just so odd, but oddly good.

Exodust

Banned
Two childhood memories that I barey hear much about. A few people I've met know of Bucky but I feel like I must have junped through a warphole and watched Space Monkeys I've never met another souls who has seen it except my brother.

Ahh man I watched the shit out of both. I remember loving the Bucky O'Hare arcade game back in the day.

9681882_f260.jpg

Peanut Butter Solution

I felt for years that I made this movie up in my head. I would tell people about it but nobody had ever heard of it.

then, years ago I found a copy on ebay.

Exodust

Banned
Megas XLR has a decent following that's been doing online petitions(lol) for it to come back for years now. I do wish the show makes a comeback, not likely though. Adult Swim reviving Samurai Jack gave people some hope but that's just wishful thinking IMO.

Spectone

The Tommorow People
72458-1.jpg

Jason of Star Command
d7df90f9efddddd32f88fcd1d045093d.jpg

Loved the little robot he had

Quark
pt1435.jpg

A trash show

Ark II
ARK_01.jpg

Loved the concept of people returning to a future polluted earth

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
My go-to for this kind of question:

MV5BNmE2MGY5MGItNmNjOC00MWUxLTk1YWEtZmU0MzIwNTMyMWM1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA1OTEwNjE@._V1_UY268_CR87,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

The Anti-Gravity Room. A Canadian videogame and comic book show that aired on Sci-Fi Saturday mornings for a couple of seasons.

Ramsiege

John Leguizamo's House of Buggin'.

It was a precursor to MadTV with a mostly Latino cast. Also had Luis Guzman on there. Really funny show.

Earth 2: Like Lost and the 100 years earlier.

Capitol Critters: an attempt at an adult animated show about rats in D.C. along with

Fish Police: It's fish that are police. Both shows barely aired.

My sister and I used to watch this show called Flint the Time Detective. It was about this caveman kid named Flint, whose dad had been turned into a rock hammer (axe?) via dark magic or something.

4b049b85472195d5d289f49a6c1ba563a1d2ecd6_hq.jpg

I honestly don't remember it that well, which is funny because we really liked it. It had a short run on TV -- pretty sure it aired on Sundays on Fox Kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom