• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movies you watched as a kid that are STILL the shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epix

Movies you watched from back in the day that you'd still watch (and enjoy):

TheGooniesPoster.jpg
labyrinth.jpg
ghostbusters_cover.png

duh, a lot
Hunt for Red October, Die Hard, Predator, Aliens, Terminator, Ghostbusters, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Raising Arizona,

I mean, basically all the best from the '80s

cnizzle06

Banned
Fuckin Milo and Otis. It made me weep as a kid, but after recently watching it again, and witnessing and researching about all the abuse the animals literally underwent during filming...I can never go back.

edit: wrong thread FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

mAcOdIn

Cold-Steel said:
Fuck yes, one of the greatest movies of all time!
51C3C9AW28L._SS500_.jpg

41MJ5DFJEXL._SS500_.jpg

51JxcK1PzrL._SS500_.jpg

511EGE76GNL._SS500_.jpg

Oh fuck it, there's too many, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, Terminator 1 and 2, Predator, Goonies, Alien(scary!!), the Thing, Lost Boys, Ghost Busters, Big Trouble in Little China, Die Hard series, Lethal Weapon series, Blade Runner, Transformers, GI Joe, the 80s early 90s rocked for movies.

Cloak and Dagger.

Cheesy in a bunch of spots, but a classic. Loved that movie and recently bought it used at a Blockbuster video that was going out of business for 99 cents. I am whole once again.

1935111020A.jpg

2963666ad513c29455746f8ae7974fcbb43.jpg

venus.jpg

l_129804_0091203_b6acf56c.jpg

hawk.jpg

Time Bandits was probably my most watched film as a kid and it more than holds up today. The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Movie is easily my favourite Warner Bros movie, I wore the tape out re-watching this one over and over. Venus Wars was my first exposure to anime about age 8, it's not the best the genre has to offer, but it's still an entertaining watch. Highlander really captured my imagination when I first saw it and it remained a top favourite of mine for years. And although Hawk the Slayer is admitedly awful, I enjoyed it as a kid and now i'm older it's got that 'so bad it's good' factor working in it's favour :D

Penguin

Some pretty good choices

Let's see some that haven't been said

Camp Nowhere (Don't ask, I love that movie for some reason)
Batman
Batman Returns
Adam West Batman
Home Alone 1/2
Rugrats Movie

Well that'll be mostly the 70's for me, so Star Wars IV, Jaws, Alien, Blazing Saddles, Life of Brian, Superman. All that good stuff. I was 14 when The Empire Strikes Back came out (1980), so I reckon I can just about get away with that one.

Gigglepoo

ElectricBlue187 said:
bleh
80's was a terrible decade for movies.

What the heck? I don't even know what to say about this.

Clue, Back to the Future, and The Brave Little Toaster are some of my favorites. There are tons more, though.

Looks like a lot of the good ones are mentioned. I'll add Stand by Me, Robocop (albeit edited for safe evening TV broadcast at the time) and Coming to America (also edited now that I think about it).

Loxley

I'm 21, and a total child of the 90's, so mine are a bit more recent.

Lionel Mandrake said:
10iapth.jpg

Some of these actually got better as I got older.

Completely agree. I'll also add:

Personally I feel Titan AE is almost at The Iron Giant level of underrated. Granted it's got a bit more of a "You can tell this was a product of the 90's" feel to it, but the animation is astounding and the story is great :D

Oh, just remembered:

harSon

Banned
ryutaro's mama said:
Harson, you are a man after my own heart.

<3 Vanity in this movie.

Yup, she's ridiculously sexy in this film. I can't believe she became a hardcore Christian preacher, well I guess I can considering what she went through... but still.

I was born in the late 80s so this film really wasn't a part of my era, but it was a part of my brother's and he made sure that I grew up alongside this film :lol

Gotta love the soundtrack too.

Don't know about RZA remaking the film, but then again, his projects never seem to come to fruition so there's probably nothing to worry about.

Gigglepoo said:
What the heck? I don't even know what to say about this.

Clue, Back to the Future, and The Brave Little Toaster are some of my favorites. There are tons more, though.

Man I totally forgot about Back to the Future. It's still unbelievably good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom