• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movies You've Seen Recently |OT| July 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxcriden

yeah, there seems to be a rather baffling boring/Oscar worthy equation with these political movies, as if the academy members felt more intelligent by awarding these dull ass works so they can feel at peace with themselves, because watching Alexander Siddig staring thoughtfully at some dune for two minutes has such a deep meaning. Ides of March is also a chore, but at least it's got some sorta pacing and it's like 80 minutes long

All the President 's Men these movies are not

ATPM might be my favorite (serious) political movie. Well. That or Frost/Nixon. On the political satire side of things the first movie that comes to mind is Dick. (You see a running theme here, perhaps. I've long referred to this as the Crucial Nixon Film Trilogy.)

Anyway. Ides of March I thought was mediocre but compelling enough for what it was. I dunno. I forgot that even got a screenplay nom. I guess I forgot about the movie entirely until you mentioned it.

MilkLizard

I'm on nightshift tonight. Anyone has any good recommendations what to watch on Netflix? I'm in the mood for a good thriller.

big ander

I'm on nightshift tonight. Anyone has any good recommendations what to watch on Netflix? I'm in the mood for a good thriller.

The 70s Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Nightcrawler, Compliance, Night Train to Munich. or start the excellent UK political-thriller miniseries from last year The Honourable Woman

Insidious: Chapter 3 - It was a surprisingly solid/decent overall horror movie, but it definitely had its cheesy moments.

I've liked all three Insidious movie, and kind of expected the third one to suck when I first heard about it.

OK I need some help finding the name of a movie. In high school during art class we watched a movie that dealt with food. In this once scene a asian couple has sex while they feed each other? Anybody know the title? It's not Tampopo

OK I need some help finding the name of a movie. In high school during art class we watched a movie that dealt with food. In this once scene a asian couple has sex while they feed each other? Anybody know the title? It's not Tampopo

Was there an egg involved?

In the Realm of the Senses?

Ricker

Star Trek Beyond last evening....loved it,holy shit at the special effects,amazing...Jaila is a cool new character also.

EDIT; whats this thread doing here then,shoud'nt it be in the off topic community or closed lol ;)

Apt101

Documentary, Halloween: Feast of the Dying Sun on Amazon Prime. Not very well produced but fun and informative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom