• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS Cancels 1 on 1 Interviews with GB, GI.biz, Tapezilla...MCV?: "Scheduling conflict"

Major Nelson just tweeted about this. Says it was merely a scheduling conflict and the 1on1's are still on.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/342727561459154944

cjsGlik.png

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Jokes aside, these cancellations with the round table send a very clear message. MS is not prepared to answer questions that they don't control. Not being able to give clear answer to important question is partly why their PR is so fucked right now.

from the outside that's what it looks like. We'll see at E3 I guess.

Karak

I am so confused, they cancelled ONE INTERVIEW. Why has this thread gone INSANE? Xbox, Pizza.

Actually ya I thought it was indicating a couple in the main page but now it looks more like what...confirmation from others about the original cancellation I guess.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Sorry for the boycott, JSchreiherozen.

''At least we still have one on one interviews''

So much for that.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
They're going to great lengths for their (much needed) damage control. This is going to be a great E3.

This.

It's like no one wants to open the dam with Microsoft bad press.

Well it's pretty understandable. Just like publishers, the press doesn't want to sour ties with what they expect to be the dominant platform holder.

Remember, Sony is playing catch-up, and have mattered very little this last generation.

daveo42

Banned
Good point. Maybe they'll just plug in to an existing conference and put their own overlay on it.

Microsoft really has thought of everything.

All their games will be snapped in the new UI, so we can see both the conference and the game at the same time!

All pre-recorded by the way, just in case there are any hiccups.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I don't really buy the scheduling excuse.

If there is a scheduling conflict, re-schedule, don't cancel. Particularly with the roundtable, it's an easy way to give multiple people access in a limited amount of time.

And how bad do you have to be at scheduling to mess up a roundtable + multiple (?) one-on-one interviews?

trmas

Banned
That would be unbelievably stupid. OTOH, I bet MS is sick and tired of the gaming press, and would love to Nuke GAF and other online message boards.

Cornbread78

Are they really just trying to limit the amount of information out there by different people, or are they seeing the positive reaction from a majority of their fanbase and really feel they really don't have to answer any more questions to promote their system? They know, outside of gaming forums and the hardcore enthusiast, nobody really cares about the negatives and they will sell the systems anyhow with teh majority of middle America and the major pubs on their side with the DRM....

Top Bottom