• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS Gamer's Day - May 13th - Update Thread (OP continues on Post #6)

Nolan.

witness said:
So did they use the new waggle wand knock off in the Banjo demonstration nexus? Is that getting revealed today?

From the screens it looks like it uses the traditional controller, which isn't surprising since george said it would use traditional.

Nolan. said:
I meant advantage to having it tacked on.
Ah.

You can probably use it to attack enemies, or maybe in multiplayer you could stick one on the back of your contraption and shoot at anyone behind you, getting water on their screen making it hard for them to see or even make them lose traction.

witness

Nolan. said:
From the screens it looks like it uses the traditional controller, which isn't surprising since george said it would use traditional.

If true then Banjo redeemed for me! :D I did not want to see this game get turned into a controller gimmick title.

FirewalkR said:
Tell me this didn't actually exist and you created the site JUST now.

That might actually be worse, though...

uua9CMFJs.gif

Holy crap, Banjo looks astonishing. Was a huge fan of Viva, but I don't know if I'm sold on the second game yet, really wanted there to be bigger gardens and seeing as that's not happening I'm hoping there's a way to link your gardens or something along those line.

Those off-screen pics are beautiful. I really have to hand it to Rare for managing to retain the visual magic after all these years. Banjo is their golden series and should always be treated as such (even the two GBA titles were very good).

Dimmuxx

The Amiga Brotherhood
Banjo looks awesome in these shots. I really hope it's fun to play too with a lot of platform moments.

MCD

WrikaWrek said:
Banjo needs grass.

I mean what happened to all that? Did Banjo smoke all the grass in the game?
personally, i think it fits the current artstyle.

this artstyle reminds me of the Donkey Kong Country games.

WrikaWrek said:
Banjo needs grass.

I mean what happened to all that? Did Banjo smoke all the grass in the game?

There was some description somewhere about there being "grass" threaded into the fabric of the ground. So it's there somewhere.

TheOddOne

http://www.totalvideogames.com/news/No_Alan_Wake_In_2008_13214_4736_0.htm

No Alan Wake In 2008 News

TVG learns from Microsoft's Gamers Day that the possibility of a 2008 release for Alan Wake is looking extremely bleak...

A Microsoft Spokesperson has told TVG that Microsoft's Gamers Day (soon to start in San Francisco) is showcasing all of the company's major game releases for 2008, strongly suggesting that triple A title Alan Wake (which isn't on show at the event) will quietly slip into the 2009 release window that we all probably knew but hoped wouldn't happen.

Billed as a free roaming, psychological thriller that takes place across six square miles of the town Bright Falls, Alan Wake was originally announced at E3 2005 and subsequently revealed as an Xbox 360/PC exclusive at E3 2006. Since then everything has gone extremely quiet, not even a new trailer in the subsequent years.

The plush visuals, well doctored trailers, and the fact that it's in development at Remedy (of Max Payne fame), clearly frame the title within the triple A bracket. However, given that Microsoft's pride and joy are on show at its Gamers Day (including Gears of War 2), the fact that Alan Wake has been omitted from the hymn sheet clearly suggests that it won't see the light of day in 2008.

Following Microsoft's confirmation that Alan Wake would be shown at GDC 2008 last February (which it wasn't), this latest exception from Microsoft's biggest individual event of the year would seem to cement the game (in wet cement at the very least) as a 2009 release.

TVG has a man in San Francisco and we'll bring you all the news from Microsoft's Gamers Day very shortly.

NeXuSDK

Getting famous? Naa, I've been involved in bigger things than this :) I just honestly fell in love with Banjo over there. Maybe because I've always loved LEGO and this really gave me the same feeling.

FrankT

Agent Ironside said:
Bollocks! K, How about Splinter Cell Conviction....cooome on!

It will be interesting to see where Splinter Cell fits in the picture this year. Should at least see some form of it at Ubidays at the end of the month and then at E3.

WrikaWrek said:
Maybe grass is a collectible, Banjo needs to be high when making them vehicles.

Just a really languorous, Dazed & Confused style game where you just get high in your workshop and tool around with your Chevy engine for 20 in-game hours.

AndyD

aka andydumi
The vehicle building in Banjo reminds me of ship building in Kingdom Hearts. Similar idea of find parts throughout the game and build a vehicle with them, except this is the next gen version of it.

I always thought that part could have been done much better and integrated more into the game, and here is something similar.

Nolan.

WrikaWrek said:
Maybe grass is a collectible, Banjo needs to be high when making them vehicles.

I don't understand. Remedy must be like...10 people.

I think they outsource but even so it's not surprising. I think even if it was ready there's too many games coming at the later end of the year. I'm really looking forward to it but I can wait... plus the time shall be filled with (hopefully) great games.

Jtyettis said:
Alan Wake is no doubt one of MS's big guns for 2009. I would say around March/April most likely.

Event should be starting in 18 minutes or so. Hopefully we got some official MS vids by mid day and some impressions this evening.

This actually makes me quite excited. Since they showed Alan Wake it is easily one of my most anticipated games and I got a huge D.K. Phantoms vibe which I have always prayed they would do in a game. This delay just means the game is even more ambitious than any of us know. I mean think about how long this game has been dark. Good stuff brewing for sure.

There hasn't been any Gameplay videos of Banjo yet right?

Nolan.

BruceLeeRoy said:
This actually makes me quite excited. Since they showed Alan Wake it is easily one of my most anticipated games and I got a huge D.K. Phantoms vibe which I have always prayed they would do in a game. This delay just means the game is even more ambitious than any of us know. I mean think about how long this game has been dark. Good stuff brewing for sure.

There hasn't been any Gameplay videos of Banjo yet right?

The only thing that frightens me about games being in the dark for long periods of time is the potential ''cancelled''. Thats why I was kind of worried about Alan wake, banjo3 and cry-on for a while. Anyway hope it's going well.

Top Bottom