• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS marketing director: "We are going to kill Sony at E3!"

DrBo42

And not everyone cares about the games MS announced either. Think of the whole package...

To each their own in the end but neither side definitively "won" on exclusives. I liked some on both but it's not MS had me lining up to preorder based on the games.

Absolutely, I am. The biggest games this year for me were MGS5 and The Division. In terms of new IP exclusives Quantic Dream and Project Spark were the only interesting things I saw. There was nothing from Sony on that front other than The Order I guess but that was rather underwhelming with the limited info and perpetual fog.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
What did ms announce tho? dead rising 3? the only amazing game for me was quantum break. Titan fall is on pc.

It's all about ps4 for me, the xbox one builds of games looked off. they just looked poor to me. Like a mid range pc trying it's best to do high end graphics but couldnt pull it off. the ps4 builds of games looked cleaner, better IQ. that's where my wallet is

What did ms announce tho? dead rising 3? the only amazing game for me was quantum break. Titan fall is on pc.

It's all about ps4 for me, the xbox one builds of games looked off. they just looked poor to me. Like a mid range pc trying it's best to do high end graphics but couldnt pull it off. the ps4 builds of games looked cleaner, better IQ. that's where my wallet is

This. Technically underwhelming DR3 machine for me so far.

kadotsu

Banned
They are doing something right the PS4 seems to be "miraculously" stuck at #33,517 in the amazon bestseller charts for the last few hours.

FlyFaster

il6Wx5NemvtlV.gif

that is all

edit: I DIDN"T MAKE THIS, don't credit me. got from the Kaz Hirai enjoys being an internet meme thread. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=62224043

Absolutely, I am. The biggest games this year for me were MGS5 and The Division. In terms of new IP exclusives Quantic Dream and Project Spark were the only interesting things I saw. There was nothing from Sony on that front other than The Order I guess but that was rather underwhelming with the limited info and perpetual fog.

How about taking into consideration how the 360 ended up at the tail end of this gen?

saladine1

MS had a great conference, can't deny that. Game after game after game.

I only wish that MS gives up on the DRM/online bullshit...not holding my breath obviously..

DrBo42

Yeah Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive with it's vibrant fun art-style and the seemingly deep and creative Project Spark were unmatched by Sony for me. As for IQ were they shown on multiple systems somewhere? I'd like to see a source comparison, just been dealing with awful YouTube and streaming service compression all day. I have the PS4 pre-ordered simply on the hunch that MGS5 will look better on it but the whole point of me posting in here is due to the hilarity of some people thinking Sony brought something special to the table. They've won by default due to policy and price, it's a pretty distinct difference. I get that it's a great time for Sony fans or people who have a grudge with MS right now to get their 1 liners and memes in but if you're a fan of new IPs and creativity in general I don't think MS lost at all. My biggest fear is that Sony gets comfortable with their default win and fail to innovate and take risks with new IPs.

MS had a great conference, can't deny that. Game after game after game.

I only wish that MS gives up on the DRM/online bullshit...not holding my breath obviously..

Yup, MS had a fantastic showing, but they'd already lost by default.

Sony could have come out with the screen showing the price, the "no-DRM" video, and shown off the console's design, and still have won it.

il6Wx5NemvtlV.gif

that is all

Best Kaz/Mattrick GIF I've seen.

We need more Jack Tretton gifs.

Anyway, as someone who was leaning more towards the PS4 anyway, I do think Microsoft had a very good showing.

I'm not convinced games like Sunset Overdrive and Dead Rising 3 are launch games, though… I'm not sure why. If they are, then that's a great launch line-up.

DrBo42

Best Kaz/Mattrick GIF I've seen.

We need more Jack Tretton gifs.

Anyway, as someone who was leaning more towards the PS4 anyway, I do think Microsoft had a very good showing.

I'm not convinced games like Sunset Overdrive and Dead Rising 3 are launch games, though… I'm not sure why. If they are, then that's a great launch line-up.

Doubt it as well.

Wait, people actually believe PS4 had a better showing games-wise?

I think it was a different kind of showing. There was no real demo of Infamous, DriveClub etc.

Also, there's a big overlap between games that are on both platforms at each conference.

In terms of number of exclusives, Xbox One had a better showing. Sony didn't have any third-party exclusives, really.

DrBo42

I think it was a different kind of showing. There was no real demo of Infamous, DriveClub etc.

Also, there's a big overlap between games that are on both platforms at each conference.

In terms of number of exclusives, Xbox One had a better showing. Sony didn't have any third-party exclusives, really.

How they allowed that to happen I cannot fathom. They needed to go hard on Infamous especially. Show something fun that isn't a shooter THAT YOU CAN GET DAY 1.

Edit: Oh wow is Infamous not a launch title? Whoops.

Scooter

Banned
Yeah Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive with it's vibrant fun art-style and the seemingly deep and creative Project Spark were unmatched by Sony for me. As for IQ were they shown on multiple systems somewhere? I'd like to see a source comparison, just been dealing with awful YouTube and streaming service compression all day. I have the PS4 pre-ordered simply on the hunch that MGS5 will look better on it but the whole point of me posting in here is due to the hilarity of some people thinking Sony brought something special to the table. They've won by default due to policy and price, it's a pretty distinct difference. I get that it's a great time for Sony fans or people who have a grudge with MS right now to get their 1 liners and memes in but if you're a fan of new IPs and creativity in general I don't think MS lost at all. My biggest fear is that Sony gets comfortable with their default win and fail to innovate and take risks with new IPs.

Jesus what a load of condescending bullshit. Microsoft blew their load in this E3 with CG crap and short cutscenes of very early in development games to justify the price and disgusting DRM policies, Sony didn't have to, in fact there's a shitton of Sony devs unaccounted for.

TUROK

It was impossible for Microsoft to kill anyone. Their shitty money-grubbing policies made sure of that.

I do think they had a much better games showing than Sony, but in the end, The Witcher 3, Battlefield 4, and the other multiplatform games they showed on it will run/look better on the PS4.

DrBo42

Jesus what a load of condescending bullshit. Microsoft blew their load in this E3 with CG crap and short cutscenes of very early in development games to justify the price and disgusting DRM policies, Sony didn't have to, in fact there's a shitton of Sony devs unaccounted for.
Pretty clear where you stand with that post. Not sure why I'm even responding to complete nonsense but the post you quoted is within the context of the conferences we watched today (if you did indeed watch). Sony devs that didn't show up are irrelevant. If they had something exciting to show I'd think they'd make an appearance.

Sony may well have matched Quantum Break, but you'd be hard pressed to tell given the conference gave no details about the game's genre and showed no gameplay whatsoever. Why anybody would doubt Sony's willingness to take risks on new IPs is beyond me, least of all just because they chose to announce their launch window exclusives in February instead of today.

Top Bottom